Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4449311 - 11/18/18 05:34 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Your "tone" is looking for an argument.

You will not get one.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4449321 - 11/18/18 06:10 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: Rotton50]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by Rotton50
Your "tone" is looking for an argument.

You will not get one.

I sincerely beg your pardon if I have made offense. Posting my opinions, bolstered by facts, was intended to be a basis for discussion, and definitely not intended to cause rancor.

#4449326 - 11/18/18 06:47 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4449328 - 11/18/18 06:51 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Ok, let’s not argue about not arguing.

Rules will not be the cure-all. If everybody just endeavors to be kind and cooperative then things will be fine.

Generally rules are for those who want to argue about the exact wording and want to walk the line of being rude without breaking the exact wording of the rules.

Good behavior is self-evident and is what we should be trying for.

Let’s not argue about arguing.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4449337 - 11/18/18 07:52 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: Rotton50]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Despite my best efforts to keep this conversation in an elevated, non-personal plane, I must say that the above-quoted remark by Mr Otten, immediately following my previous posts, cannot be construed as anything other than a personal attack. An indirect attack, but an attack nevertheless. Ray Charles can see that.

Given the context of the remarks, I believe I'm reasonable in my take on Mr Otten's latest comments. I think most reasonable people would agree.

I say this with regret, as I have nothing but respect for Mr Otten's contributions to this forum, and EAW, in general.

Never made a remark against him, personally, but I've disagreed with him on occasion. Always politely, and respectfully, on my part.

I believe the Forum's CoC should be observed, regardless of any member's status, be it high or low.

I'm sorry that this thread has descended to this level. Such was not my intent,.

ETA: I've asked the Forum Mod to intervene in this matter.

I refuse to be even indirectly insulted. There's no call for that. Despite my being a very junior member here, I, along with other new members, deserve a reasonable amount of respect for our comments, as long as such comments are respectfully made, and constructively made.

As for myself, I've seldom made a comment about other Member's contributions that was not a compliment. In the event that I felt comment was necessary, I have always provided historical information to buttress my occasionally critical comments. This was done in the hopes that such additional historical information would be of value to the Modders. Whether or not such info is useful is not the point. It is always up to the Modder whether or not to include such info, and no argument from me. Their creation; their call.

All this said--and my past remarks are easily searchable-- I have asked mod intervention, and with considerable regret.

Let me make this very clear: If I, a mere User can be attacked, it is only a matter of time until anyone can be attacked. First me, then you.

I await the Mod's decision.

Last edited by RIBob; 11/18/18 08:37 PM.
#4449342 - 11/18/18 08:19 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: Rotton50]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA

That wasn’t necessary and elevated the argument into insult. We don’t need that. Another example of what we trying to avoid..

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4449349 - 11/18/18 09:03 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: oldgrognard]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

I have sent another IM to the Forum Mod, asking for his further consideration.

Last edited by RIBob; 11/18/18 09:09 PM.
#4449354 - 11/18/18 09:43 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Two pages of interesting technical details,two pages of squabbling.

#4449359 - 11/18/18 10:13 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Like oldgrognard, I applaud efforts to keep things civil.

It appears some things need to be pointed out...

Members control the content of their own posts. They do not get to control the content of posts made by other members. (If someone chooses to add explanations about their good intent, at the risk of eventually being perceived as [ fill in the blank], that is their business.) A member who is annoyed by the posting is free to skip the message, skip the thread, or even put the member whose posts annoy them on "ignore". [ and no, we don't need to have public announcements about who got put on "ignore".]

All of the threads are open to all of the SimHQ members. The member who made the original post in the thread does not get to exclude any other members from posting in it.

Both of the above are based, of course, on members keeping the content of their posts in accordance with SimHQ rules. Comity is preferred, and appreciated.

The EAW community has accomplished a remarkable thing in keeping the old sim alive and appreciated. Treasure that.

In my signature file below, you will see a green and a blue link. The tips in the blue link work for non-contentious threads, too. wink

#4449361 - 11/18/18 10:27 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: 453Raafspitty]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by 453Raafspitty
Two pages of interesting technical details,two pages of squabbling.

Fair enough, and well-said.

Now, how would you respond if YOU were personally insulted?

It's not about me, it's about all of us that might be insulted.

#4449363 - 11/18/18 10:30 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
It received moderator attention and Rotton50 was given notice that it wasn’t acceptable. Why not let it go at that. Continuing to pick at a wound delays it healing.

#4449367 - 11/18/18 10:54 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: oldgrognard]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Since you publicly ask, and as I have previously said in private Messages to you, Mr Otten has, so far, gotten away with personally insulting another Member, with scant consequences.

I don't think that's just. I don't think that's fair. I don't think that's right.

I don't envy you, being a new Mod and all. This is a difficult decision only for your decision if you don't do what your innate sense of justice tells you to do.

Believe me, having been a Mod on Arfcom for the last 18 years, I know all about tough decisions, and some decisions ruffled the feathers of Site Admin.

I'm still there, because I was correct in my decisions. My fellow Mods helped a bit, I admit.

Your call on how you respond, and how you are respected for your decisions.

You do what you think is right, and never do anything else.

Last edited by RIBob; 11/18/18 11:07 PM.
#4449369 - 11/18/18 11:01 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
It isn’t good form to talk about content from PM’s.

#4449376 - 11/18/18 11:25 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: oldgrognard]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Did not reveal contents of IMs to you, simply that such were sent. “... as I have previously said in private Messages to you, Mr Otten has, so far, gotten away with personally insulting another Member, with scant consequences.“

In my opinion, no boundaries crossed.

That IMs were sent was revealed in text of this thread a long time ago. It's no secret now.

Point is, how are YOU going to deal with the problem?

Ignoring it is the easy way out. Dealing with it directly and in accord with stated Site/Forum CoC might be a problem.

My suggestion: Do what you think is "Right", and stick up for yourself during internal discussions. Once again you are openly discussing PM’s. You confuse my not responding as weakness. You are wrong. And with that you can take a month vacation.

I know exactly how you feel, If you want to have self respect, and the respect of your peers, as well as others, do the right thing, and the consequences be damned.

I was going to tell you about my internet exploits. Wrong. You'll have to learn for yourself, cowboy. “Your whole point was that your were insulted. Do you see your hypocrisy ? I've made plenty of mistakes, but I've never hade a problem with admitting such. Perhaps my saving grace, so to speak.

I suggest sleeping on it, and making a decision in the morning.

1 month suspension and I’ll sleep on giving you a second month.

Didn’t need to sleep on it. You get a second month and now I’ll sleep on a third.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 11/19/18 12:01 AM.
#4449384 - 11/19/18 12:04 AM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I regret that the whole membership had to see that.

And things were going so well.

Please continue.

#4449419 - 11/19/18 09:23 AM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Now, how would you respond if YOU were personally insulted?

Play the ball.not the player wink And yes many times..

#4449577 - 11/20/18 07:58 AM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

LOL! thought there was more fun to read in PWEC.

Mod, do as you will with this.

RiBob,
Most of the problems in this forum were created by defending "friends". You are new to this forum or a shadow. Your user name has done nothing for EAW and we do not care what you have done on the internet..

OK, you did give honest opinion of mods. That should be respected and encouraged.

Ray and BVH have had a mod war (on going?). I wonder if you know both sides of that forum war? I am not the expert, but your name seems too new to be calling out a new admin in public.

wink wish you only good.

"it's a game"

VBH, Ray, tell me if I am wrong with my opinion.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4449640 - 11/20/18 03:52 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

Just to clear something up... oldgrognard is not a new moderator. He has been on staff here longer than I have, and I'm not new either. smile

#4449751 - 11/21/18 04:24 AM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Most of the problems usually arise when a single person can't get past his own ruthlessness....others they just want to "play games" in a conversation while another poster is being serous with the issues.
I apologize in advance if these statements shock you, because it is you.

RIBob has helped tremendously here for newbie EAW users in open forum and PM's (what nots) more than anyone else (except VBH) in a short order. He has provided me with valuable feedback for my EAW Help Site and I have re written tremendous amount of info on his thoughts. I have even partial on his comments re written and re organized the site with new pages and a main menu and search application. This and Russ and VBH. I may have forgot someone else that recently posted too.

Either way, out of the several times I asked for help and feedback about info on my site, I get nothing. Jel has provided some text that I was able to incorporate. The rest of the independent CodeGroup Versions info and details come from research and exhausting all available posts and bits of text and files etc I was able to receive. I still have much more work to do, again I don't expect to see CodeGroup to help (I will keep asking though for others sake, to help them).

No offense intended. I'm not defending my friends as I hardly know anyone... but I'm defiantly not a CodeGroup groupie. Two people set my "side" (as the codegroup members called it)

Anyway I like to point out how quickly some of you guys derail forum topics here at SimHQ EAW Forum.

Enjoy.

#4449869 - 11/21/18 09:07 PM Re: EAWPRO's multicolored tracers [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Responding to rwatson's post, that was deleted
Well as usual a glove was tossed down and a member responded and got banned ..He made the mistake of attacking a mod which was wrong and that I don't agree with..I see a member who starts things up and sits back as an innocent and aggrevied party and a forum that has focused on one version of EAW It's a shame because all versions have something to offer and as simple players we are free to fly them all and i will continue to do so..So nail me as you wish ..I see two members who should be banned and only one was

I wrote this:
Yeah, maybe I didn't understand he attacked a moderator by the posts I've read above. Not sure what that was all about.
I guess that he got banned for it. Was there warning I don't know, I don't really see any.

Aw well. I been waiting to get banned a few times for speaking my mind too.
Maybe I did most of that at the member only Zeus forum,

Yeah EAW I have several versions and types of the game installed currently. Do I play, No, I test things out though now only. Because no joystick and the forum zapped my energy.
I been sick for a few months. (not looking for sympathy) . But hopefully in a few months I'll be better.

EDIT:
oh , have a Happy Thanksgiving Russ and VBH and you others that have this holiday.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 11/26/18 01:21 AM. Reason: holiday.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.