Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4443739 - 10/15/18 12:05 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Am I the only one who has had a great time with DCS World? Yeah there are some bugs, some quiet moments from the developers, but show me a perfect game and I'll have a bridge for you to buy. Even games on consoles have bugs. Pricing-wise same thing. I just enjoy it for what it is, a game. Think back 20 years ago and the thought of flying an A-10 with a fully clickable cockpit, most sensors and modes available, and great graphics was laughed at. Even in hardcore communities as this one.

Im not trying to start a debate or anything. Its kind of why I don't post in this section of SimHQ anymore with the arguing. But I have waiting excitedly for the F-14 for what? 4 years? Did it suck not knowing when or how it would be released? Yeah. But I also remember waiting for LOMAC, waiting for IL-2, EAW etc. Were they all perfect on release? No. Should DCS focus on one area and continue there? Maybe, but one thing about the flight sim community is we always want it better, more clickable, prettier, more immersive, and bigger maps than any other community. We will never be happy, and that's ok. Keeps the developers on their toes smile But lets not hope for any developer to go under. That will only make the mobile app game makers say "I told ya so."

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4443740 - 10/15/18 12:32 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Sorry to go off topic....to return to the F-14 talk....

Who here is buying it? I'll preorder.

When will you attempt the first night landing on the carrier? I am not good at landing the F-15 on a runway so for me Im sure it will be a while before I attempt the night stuff.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4443747 - 10/15/18 02:54 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Looking forward to the F 14 for sure LC. Beautiful aircraft smile

As far as the retarded yak crop duster goes, I'll pass, even with delays. I'll pass smile

#4443772 - 10/15/18 12:12 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
I'm guilty of preordering. But usually never do it. But for that fine looking cat I can make an exception wink

#4443779 - 10/15/18 01:49 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
@LC, I agree, these forums dedicated to DCS seem to be nothing but a #%&*$# session. I LOVE DCS and have from day one. Yes, it has some bugs but the quality far outweighs the bugs. I don't usually preorder but I did for the F18 and probably will for the F14. I would love to have the Viper in DCS but I am happy with what they have.

I for one would be proud to wear a DCS t-shirt or DCS logo hat. I am a life time customer!

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
#4443789 - 10/15/18 03:21 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: specialksl]  
Gattsu Offline
Gattsu  Offline

Barcelona (Spain)
Originally Posted by specialksl
@LC, I agree, these forums dedicated to DCS seem to be nothing but a #%&*$# session. I LOVE DCS and have from day one. Yes, it has some bugs but the quality far outweighs the bugs. I don't usually preorder but I did for the F18 and probably will for the F14. I would love to have the Viper in DCS but I am happy with what they have.

I for one would be proud to wear a DCS t-shirt or DCS logo hat. I am a life time customer!

I don't usually post my opinions, English is not my first language and I'm lazy...

I loved the first DCS Blackshark ten years ago, DCS was a miracle for us simmers, it blew my mind back theen.
Now I have enough time and a high end PC to return to study sims. To my surprise, DCS has not evolved a bit gameplay-wise.

They have taken several steps back: badly optimized (I want to play 100% smooth), my Blackshark 2 is terrible updated (bad cockpit lights for the autopilot and Datalink buttons. Really unacceptable for a product they are still selling) and the promised virtual warfare will never arrive. We, gamers, don't want pvp with unbalanced characters (the FC3 modules versus the full simulated). Moreover, we don't have theatres (different eras 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s) or a dynamic campaign.

I will continue to follow DCS within SimHQ and YouTube because DCS is a beacon of hope for the sim community. But ten years has passed and it is a disappointment for the company that had the most promising future.

I don't need so many planes to study and fly, I don't want to spend so much money on unfinished products and I don't have the time for all of them.
I know Falcon BMS players that really like DCS because they need to play something else after 1000 hours in BMS. But I can't recommend DCS to anyone starting at study sims that only has time for one airplane and sim.

Goodluck guys!

Last edited by Gattsu; 10/15/18 03:22 PM.
#4443820 - 10/15/18 07:01 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
^^^

Exactly my thoughts Gattsu. It's such a shame because everyone can see how much potential there is, but all this time and and it's yet to be realised.......and therefore probably never will.

In my opinion, ED missed the beat many years ago and instead of creating a good baseline in the core engine from which to launch everything else from, they are now in a vicious circle that they'll probably never get out of. Instead of looking at the long term, the base engine was completely ignored and probably through greed they turned to churning out additional modules in their haste to create the 'world'. This, along with trying to make a quick buck out of their military contracts and the bad management and burning of resources meant they had to dip into the early access funds of new modules to pay for their early errors. The situation they've been in for the last 6-8 years means that they literally have to churn out new modules now just to pay for the previous mess-up, and this means no intent to finish and polish modules, no intent to create a dynamic environment. The 'World' that they sought is just full of hi-fidelity and unfinished button pushing cockpits with very little else other than some nice screenshots. Their latest module, the F18C mirrors their practice from previous years....will it ever be 'finished'? - probably not. Do ED actually care? - probably not and no doubts they already have their eyes on the next early access module in order to pay for the development of the F18..and that module will never get finished either. The circle continues and it's such a pity.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4443825 - 10/15/18 07:58 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Core game has been upgraded by ED, just very slowly and not in the best order where half the fixes break other things. I have been around people that keep pestering me "when are you going to buy the ____?" And I answer, when they finish making it. It makes them mad because they already bought it and maybe if I suffered with them they could get their money's worth or something. I'm totally interested in buying the Viggen, Harrier, Hornet, whatever...when it's done and error free (not even A-10 is error free but it's small potatoes stuff). I've been slapped in the face by about 9 modules that just plain aren't made yet and may never be. I'm stupid but even my stupidity has a limit.

DCS could be really fun but ED is going to have to clear their minds and actually look at what makes a good SP and MP experience without trying to start with the conclusion first. The improvements that make for a good experience are not going to be sexy screenshot type features. They're going to be things like positional display of discovered enemy that have inexact information or squadron structures to encourage squad-based MP play or better AI GCI or AI that doesn't know your full genome because their 1960's RWR got a sniff of your radar from 150nm away, better mission planning tools or stuff like that.

#4443871 - 10/16/18 02:31 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

I agree with what you guys say about pushing out modules unfinished. My thoughts are looking at the people always yelling for the f-14 to be released constantly. I think sometimes the community gives them the idea that we will be ok waiting for fixes when we are always yelling we want it now no matter the costs. Again, not everyone is guilty of this but there are many.

As for most of those aircraft aren't they 3rd party developed modules? This too is something ED could tighten their rules on I agree.

The core game agreed, the ai will make some pretty gamey situations happen. I think in modern warfare it's more noticeable with the weapons but if you look at other games like IL-2 and EAW the enemy also knew where you were, but they couldn't knock you out of the sky with a missile from miles away. Hard stuff to code. Can't say I have a better idea so I can't complain.

Point I guess I'm trying to make without offending anyone or trying to sound like a jacka$$ is we SHOULD make comments, point out bugs, and complain a bit; but in the long run we should enjoy it for what it is, hope for the best, and not argue too much as a community and enjoy the hobby together.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4443889 - 10/16/18 04:51 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Cropduster sucks and ED.s way to make things is bit messy and #%&*$#.

But i LOVE viggen, its very quality module.

Tomcat = instant buy. Just got it smile

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
#4443917 - 10/16/18 11:44 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
not a pre-order -buyer, but, I may give it a try later on, maybe some time in the future, if I have the time.

#4443932 - 10/16/18 02:26 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
No more early access pre-orders for me. The trend toward a mid-alpha/beta product at full price is tiring. In this case, Heatblur delayed the Tomcat for over a year (guaranteed Dec 17 release via Cobra), so this better be nearly complete. I'll let the dust settle a while.

ED's Hornet E/A burned me the last time. Let the others keep repeating their mistakes. I'll make my stand here alone.

#4444041 - 10/17/18 01:10 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Since I didn't buy the Hornet because I knew the F-14 was coming out someday, apart from the missing ground radar, are there any other major components missing? Flightwise how is it? Im debating getting it still just to practice carrier landings but I assume for the F-14 it will be totally different anyhow.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4444083 - 10/17/18 10:03 AM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: LC]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by LC
Since I didn't buy the Hornet because I knew the F-14 was coming out someday, apart from the missing ground radar, are there any other major components missing? Flightwise how is it? Im debating getting it still just to practice carrier landings but I assume for the F-14 it will be totally different anyhow.

I cannot tell how realistic it is but flight wise the F-18 is different, you don't really feel the aircraft. It is hard to describe, it is more like the computer is flying it and you just add your input without actually feel the thing floating, some folks didn't like it and so did i. TGP is missing and some others systems which leads to rudimentary HOTAS implementation due to systems lacking.

IMO warfare wise F-18 might be a beast once finished but in terms of flight pleasure i bet that the F-14 will be superior.

#4444104 - 10/17/18 01:43 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

In fact it is the computer flying it. But at the same time it has an excellent FM outside of that.

--
44th VFW
#4444109 - 10/17/18 02:32 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: GrayGhost]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by GrayGhost
In fact it is the computer flying it. But at the same time it has an excellent FM outside of that.

Can you turn it off and fully control it?

#4444117 - 10/17/18 03:33 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

You cannot. There is literally no linkage between pilot and control surfaces. Your controls give commands to the computer, and the computer flies the aircraft. If you were to shut the FBW off, the aircraft would fall out of the sky and you couldn't do anything at all about it.

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx

--
44th VFW
#4444148 - 10/17/18 06:47 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: GrayGhost]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

You cannot. There is literally no linkage between pilot and control surfaces. Your controls give commands to the computer, and the computer flies the aircraft. If you were to shut the FBW off, the aircraft would fall out of the sky and you couldn't do anything at all about it.

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx

Thanks for that info grayghost

#4444428 - 10/19/18 01:41 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: straycat]  
specialksl Offline
specialksl  Offline

Baltimore, MD USA
@GrayGhost, Are you or were you a military pilot flying the F-18?

Main PC: ASUS P8Z77 - Intel I7 3770K OC to 4.4GHZ - Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
GeForce GTX 970
16 Gig G.Skill Ares DDR3
Samsung EVO SSD 500GB
Plenty of storage
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS PB278Q @ 2560x1440

SIMPIT: ASUS Prime Z370-A, I7 8700K, H80i-V2 watercooler
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Windows 10 64bit
32GB 2400 DDR4 memory
Thrustmaster Warthog - 2-TM MFDs
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals,4 -FIPs, TPM, Radio, Multipanel, Switch Panel, Pro Flight Yoke
3 - 32" Samsung monitors-1920x1080, 22" Samsung monitor
#4444431 - 10/19/18 01:55 PM Re: My guess: F14 will be delayed to late january so ED can keep selling this retarded yak cropduster. [Re: specialksl]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by specialksl
@GrayGhost, Are you or were you a military pilot flying the F-18?

No. I used to know people who flew it and I've read the manuals, that's about it.

--
44th VFW
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.