Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4440299 - 09/22/18 08:13 PM New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign for Blitz/COD  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign
Hello fellow simmers!
Eons ago I asked TheEnlightenedFlorist over 1cpublishing forum for source code to his dynamic campaign. For long time I forgot about it as I had problems with original COD version. Now with Blitz released, game works way better and also dynamic campaign code was released to public so I decided to give it a spin. Original code is work of art. Very simple yet powerful use of mission templating.

Just I always has problem with missions like patrol sector (FreeHunt mission type in dynamic campaign code) as AI leader or player always forced to ho back to base in monent he reached patrol waypoint. Now I discovered cause. There is no patrol loop pattern so I added it and it works like charm! I was able to meet enemy! Some more minor features are added to this first new version.

As Blitz still has problems with AI to follow player leader I added option to fly as leaders wingman. Currently just at start after leader annouce ready to take off, activate and deactivate quickly autopilot with A key. It will cause autopilot AI announce you are prepared for take-off and AI leader stats rolling. Using comms menu option for take-off doesn't work so you need use this workaround.

Thanks to TheEnlightenedFlorist for awesome generator and source code and SadoMarxist
for TEFCampaignUpdateV3 data update.

Enjoy!

Download:

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/blitz/TEFCampaignV3.zip

Changelog:

v3.0

* Changed RAF fighter flights with VIC3 formation to have 3 aircrafts per flight.
* Rounded briefing altitude to thousands and use feet for RAF and meters for Luftwaffe.
* Set BOB starting/ending dates as default.
* Fixed FreeHunt mission has only one patrol waypoint, now it has several loops. AI no more returns immediately home after reaching patrol area.
* Added option to fly as leader/wingman.

Last edited by ataribaby; 09/22/18 08:16 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4442316 - 10/05/18 02:14 PM Re: New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign for Blitz/COD [Re: ataribaby]  
Vooper Offline
Vooper  Offline

Hi, and thanks for the good work. I'll give it a try as soon as I find the time!

You know the old problem with the wingmen not following the human pilot even if one is the flight lead? After some experimenting, it turned out that this will be happening if the player's plane is set to spawn with engine off. Then, the AI wingmen will follow the human lead unless one gets shot and killed, in which case they wan't be following in the subsequent mission of the same campaign. I've been experimenting with this, but got sidetracked by Falcon BMS and haven't finished the testing. The necessary files could apear in the relevant thread of the banana forums shortly wink.

#4442670 - 10/08/18 05:07 AM Re: New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign for Blitz/COD [Re: ataribaby]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Detailed list here of where they are at.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29814&p=321743#post321743

If even half of this is correct it’s very exciting.

Still holding out hope I might get to fly that martlet off a carrier.

#4442803 - 10/08/18 10:32 PM Re: New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign for Blitz/COD [Re: Bumfluff]  
Cloyd Offline
Cloyd  Offline

Cape Cod
Originally Posted by Bumfluff

..Still holding out hope I might get to fly that martlet ...

That will be enough for me. wink
Cloyd

#4442938 - 10/09/18 09:05 AM Re: New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign for Blitz/COD [Re: ataribaby]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Originally Posted by ataribaby
New version of TheEnlightenedFlorist Dynamic Campaign
Hello fellow simmers!
Eons ago I asked TheEnlightenedFlorist over 1cpublishing forum for source code to his dynamic campaign. For long time I forgot about it as I had problems with original COD version. Now with Blitz released, game works way better and also dynamic campaign code was released to public so I decided to give it a spin. Original code is work of art. Very simple yet powerful use of mission templating.

Just I always has problem with missions like patrol sector (FreeHunt mission type in dynamic campaign code) as AI leader or player always forced to ho back to base in monent he reached patrol waypoint. Now I discovered cause. There is no patrol loop pattern so I added it and it works like charm! I was able to meet enemy! Some more minor features are added to this first new version.

As Blitz still has problems with AI to follow player leader I added option to fly as leaders wingman. Currently just at start after leader annouce ready to take off, activate and deactivate quickly autopilot with A key. It will cause autopilot AI announce you are prepared for take-off and AI leader stats rolling. Using comms menu option for take-off doesn't work so you need use this workaround.

Thanks to TheEnlightenedFlorist for awesome generator and source code and SadoMarxist
for TEFCampaignUpdateV3 data update.

Enjoy!

Download:

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/blitz/TEFCampaignV3.zip

Changelog:

v3.0

* Changed RAF fighter flights with VIC3 formation to have 3 aircrafts per flight.
* Rounded briefing altitude to thousands and use feet for RAF and meters for Luftwaffe.
* Set BOB starting/ending dates as default.
* Fixed FreeHunt mission has only one patrol waypoint, now it has several loops. AI no more returns immediately home after reaching patrol area.
* Added option to fly as leader/wingman.

Thank you for your efforts Attaribaby. One question: would be possible to create a Multiplayer/Coop version?

Thanks

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.