When I was a young teenager my mother gave me a book The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart which I enjoyed reading, it is a fictional tale of the young Merlin of King Arthur fame.
A few weeks ago the TV series Merlin popped up on my Netflix I had seen series 1 and 2 on TV and then missed the later 3 series so the Netflix allowed me finish the program off, and that lead me to thinking about the Mary Stewart book, since reading that book she had brought out another 4 books in the series which I then found on Amazon Kindle and I have started to read the whole series ,

I have now started book 2 The Hollow Hills which starts just after Arthur is conceived, and not very far into it

So far there has been little or no "magic" in it, really more second sight and out thinking his opponents.
I would have loved to have read these books after I had originally finished The Crystal Cave.
Seemingly the BBC made a short series called Merlin of the Crystal Cave in 1991, I must have missed it as I do not remember it at all, the later Sam Neil series I remember and have on DVD

A quick search on youtube reveals, as if by magic, this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcTTJxvdI8Q

Right I'm off to watch this smile

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron