Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4439427 - 09/17/18 06:44 PM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: oldgrognard]  
Fracture Offline
Fracture  Offline

Ohio
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
We used to talk about computers and simulations.

Now we talk about colonoscopies and hernias.

It’s sad.

Mine's being done Lapriscopicly, that's kinda sorta tech related, and I'm sure they had to practice on a sim of some type. smile

#4439428 - 09/17/18 06:48 PM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Fracture Offline
Fracture  Offline

Ohio
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Last night was agonizing, this morning woke up early could barely roll out of bed to go pee at 5am. I am bloated somewhat and still cant do any "business" but I took 2 Dulcolax and another pain pill (Norco) which does nothing. went back to bed and was up again by 9 and took 2 pain pills which took my pain from a 10 to about 7. I talked to a buddy who had the exact same operation and he confirmed this is what he experienced. I'm just putting this down here for anyone who is looking to have a similar procedure that to be prepared. Not to scare you, but I hope you at least have pretty nurses.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm 46, I don't bounce back from things like I used to, so I'm not looking forward to it.
It won't be as bad as ACL reconstructive surgery was, but, I'm not 18 anymore lol

#4439554 - 09/18/18 04:15 PM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: Fracture]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted by Fracture
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Last night was agonizing, this morning woke up early could barely roll out of bed to go pee at 5am. I am bloated somewhat and still cant do any "business" but I took 2 Dulcolax and another pain pill (Norco) which does nothing. went back to bed and was up again by 9 and took 2 pain pills which took my pain from a 10 to about 7. I talked to a buddy who had the exact same operation and he confirmed this is what he experienced. I'm just putting this down here for anyone who is looking to have a similar procedure that to be prepared. Not to scare you, but I hope you at least have pretty nurses.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm 46, I don't bounce back from things like I used to, so I'm not looking forward to it.
It won't be as bad as ACL reconstructive surgery was, but, I'm not 18 anymore lol

Mine was both the Inguinal and the Umbilical Hernia of which the latter was more painful initially, the incision at my waist is not painful at all but they pulled 18 inches of small bowl and a fluid sack out of my scrotum ( eek I know). On the first day I didn't really look at any of it so Saturday I'd have thought I had gotten male enhancement surgery, it looked like Thanos, Big and Purple and a little hard to avoid sitting on. I went to work last night and I hadn't been on my feet for that long since Thursday so it felt really tight across my abdomen but most of my pain is still in my groin which is gradually returning to normal. It will be at least 2 weeks for the sutures to heal.

Incidentally, a couple IPA's and some Cannabis is way more effective than Hydrocodone, jus sayin

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 09/18/18 04:22 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4439610 - 09/18/18 09:02 PM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: KRT_Bong]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
Oh man, I still have hernias that will one day need fixing. I don't know if my abdomen area can take another surgery. I am feeling sympathy pain just reading your posts. I just had my gall bladder out a couple of months ago, so I quess I'm do for something. I sometimes think that pain medication doesn't really help with the pain, it just makes you too zoned out to care about it. I hope you start to feel better real soon ! My nephew is having success with cannabis while going thru heavy chemo. I tell him all the time, I might just give him a call one night. LOL. biggrin

Last edited by LB4LB; 09/18/18 09:02 PM.
#4439791 - 09/19/18 11:19 PM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Fracture Offline
Fracture  Offline

Ohio
Hope recovery is geting better for ya.
I picked up some post-op reading material today from half price books. (Red Storm Rising, Rainbow Six, and a textbook for Fluid Mechanics)
Incidentally, my hernia is just Inguinal.

#4439807 - 09/20/18 12:21 AM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
My next few months...so far...

Two skin cancer out patient surgeries, two lower abdominal hernias out patient surgeries (dunno WTF kind) fixed AGAIN (second time), half my skin frozen by liquid nitrogen, a freakin colonoscopy, ongoing minus a couple gallons of blood in tests, a CT scan, a PET scan, dentures, freakin HARD college work and...

I start to get bummed or worried, then I think about our friends Murphy and Airdrop and I feel like a whimp. I am in NO way belittling your situation _Bong, just personally venting I guess.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4439821 - 09/20/18 02:11 AM Re: Surgery this Morning [Re: KRT_Bong]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
You go ahead and vent, I am in agreement about our friends, my sisters husband has diabetes and she has already been a widow once and his situation is getting more dire. I've seen a couple acquaintances in the last month pass unexpectedly It just goes on and on, pain is pain, I can look forward to getting better and hopefully be only in my present state for a week or two more. Others are dealing with far more. I'm already back at work and tomorrow is my long day shift and marks a week since my surgery. I have been in a constant state of discomfort all day and just about my limit for pain. My um, special parts are really, really hurting and that with the occasional stabbing pains just under my waist where the incision is that come without warning, I'm a singer and lets just say I can do Joe Cocker and Michael Jackson right now.
Well off to Bed,
tomorrow is a long day

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 09/20/18 02:13 AM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.