Wings Over The Reich - News Update
In this thread we will post news regarding new updates for WOTR.
The latest patch always includes ALL previous updates
Newest additions shown first:
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.15
1) Spitfire model, small improvements and FM improvements (better stall recovery)
2) Hurricane FM improvements (better stall recovery)
3) BF109 model minor improvements
4) Various Skin fixes
5) Added JG 2 BF109 complete set of squadron aircraft skins (thanks to Robert Wiggings (and Nolan)).
and of course also contains all of the previous update reelases and fixes:
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.14 SPITFIRE VERSION
(note incorporates 1.13 that was not released originally).
1) Many Landclass improvements (terrain class render).
2) Fixed an issue in the pilots log book display that prevented the aircraft icon from popping up.
3) Enabled Group 10 and Group 12 based squadrons to take part in the battle/campaign.
4) Implemented far Northern Fields in Britain - mostly 13 Group.
5) The Battle no longer ends for British Squadrons sent North to 13 Group for re-equipment -
players can simply continue to fly the routine patrols at the re-equipment location or time advance back to
6)Implemented a time advance option 'To Active' which automatically advances an inactive squadron that is
re-equipping to active duty. Note it may be that the battle ends without a squadron ever returning to active duty!
7) Time Advance button is now forced to be always on.
8) Fixed some Squadron database errors.
9) Form up at action directives is no longer circular - the aircraft will form up in transit to next waypoint.
Note: form up at non action directives or after action whilst in transit may still be circular!
10) Added drivers to the Bedford and Opel Blitz trucks.
11) Increased various buildings and hangars hardness levels.
12) Fixed a GUI issue with aircraft stats on Campaign Enlist screen
13) ADDED SPITFIRE MKIA FLYABLE plus many new Spitfire squadron skins (thanks Robert!)
14) Landing Improvements - Aircraft will now park closer to each other after landing.
- Aircraft will orbit at a slower speed to conserve fuel when waiting for landing clearance
(especially noticeable at airfields with low lane counts).
- Airfield number of landing lane allocations optimised for quickest landing efficiency to conserve fuel.
15) Fixed an issue with RAF 64 squadron - it was allocated Hurricanes instead of Spitfires for BoB.
16) Removed a Barrage Balloon site that was too near Hornchurch airfield which caused aircraft collisions on landing.
17) Time Advance summary now includes Rank and Name of pilots killed and or wounded in sorties.
18) Fixed an issue with the wheel rolling sounds playing at low volume when aircraft is stationary.
19) Stall sound durations now shortened.
20) Addressed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect destroyed aircraft accounting.
21) Decreased Parking space of landing aircraft further and fixed a bug in the landing lane assignment routine
- see 2) above.
Further improvements on Home Field search for Landing - see V1.10 - 1).
22) Patrols and Scrambles now use the Loiter waypoint to patrol an area - patrol time at target now varies
from 10 to 15 mins.
23) Calibrated all aircraft fuel consumptions.
24) Improved engine reliability for all aircraft types.
25) Fixed an issue in QC mission 'save as scenario' that prevented the weather from being changed in QS.
26) Squads on re-equip no longer patrol factories due to distance issues.
27) Fixed an issue whereby Scrambles missions would sometimes not have enemies to intercept - Note they are not always exactly where specified nor are they always there at exactly the same time as player so player may still miss them!
28) Auto enlistment for Britain is now limited to Group 11 sector only.
29) Hurricane MKI Late - Improved, now has new boost showing 16 lbs max gauge (only 12 max used) as per the Spitfire MKIa.
30) Added JG3 BF109 squadron skins - thanks Nolan. More skins to come in a future update.
31) BF109E4 - Fixed the missing glass in the small side panels in front cockpit.
Also includes all of the following;
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.12
1) Implemented AI aircraft startup sounds - all craft - at code level.
2) Balanced AI engine sound levels
3) Some Spitfire skin mapping issues addressed
4) QC - Fighters will now attack the chosen target type when the situation "Attack" is selected
5) Correctly implemented Flak ROF reduction on Bofors 40mm gun (was incorrectly done in V1.8)
6) QC - Player position in flight now is now based on 'Player Flight Position' workshop selection settings - now you can fly as one of the flight, rather than leading the QC flight. Enemies will likely not target you so much!
7) Fixed a low level xml bug in Effects file
8) Increased Morale of QC AI pilots (Skill dependant) and revised base morale values
9) Aircraft can now navigate tighter and closer mission waypoints.
10) QC now has improved AI directives and target criteria for the chosen QC type
11) Fixed an issue whereby Dive Bombers would sometimes lose altitude on each bombing run/pass and eventually would no longer drop ordnance.
12) Fighters undertaking ground attack directives will no longer climb back up to mission waypoint altitude for each successive pass.
13) Included some more Scenarios.
14) Fixed a crash bug that sometimes occured with Collision Avoidance against objects above ground level.
15) Implemented the option of running the Mission Scenarios at 'Default Scenario Weather' settings (in mission file)
16) Fixed an issue that prevented the Quick Scenario Mission details from displaying correctly.
17) Revised some damage sounds that would incorrectly play in a loop and were audible at large distances.
18) Now wind rush sound will play in external view if close to aircraft when engine is off - player craft only.
19) Improved Wooded areas in France - also corrected a patch issue whereby the increased Wooded areas in England (V1.2) had been dropped from the cumulative patch at V1.8 onwards.
....and INCLUDES ALL THE PREVIOUS;
9 January 2019
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.11
1) Improved FPS over London with the higher Scenery Density settings.
2) Addressed a "setup mission other enemy flight has errored" database crash issue that sometimes occurred on heavy campaign settings and regional flights on.
3) Addressed an issue that would sometimes prevent a pilot from 'dying' correctly after bailing out. Outcomes stated ‘shook up’ and next mission could incorrectly be flown.
Note this patch also includes ALL of the following updates;
31 December 2018
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.10
1) Addressed an issue that sometimes caused flights to land at the wrong airfield.
2) Further Terrain Tile improvements - Spring Summer and Autumn no snow.
3) Fixed some Hurricane RAF 303 aircraft skins damage. Fixed ‘Stanford-Tuck’ custom player skin.
21 December 2018
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.9
1) Implemented Workshop Settings to disable Regional Flights in Campaign for lower end PCs - default is off.
2) Implemented Workshop Settings to disable On Alert Flights (aircraft waiting at airfields for incoming enemy craft) in Campaign for lower end PCs - default is off.
3) Implemented Workshop Settings to disable Large Combined Formations of Flights in Campaign for lower end PCs - default is on.
4) German Bomber Flights will now sometimes form up as one large offensive force. At other times they will vector in on separate and sometimes very different flight paths - this to simulate the difficulties of multiple flights meeting up in WW2
5) Fixed an issue that allocated Top Cover Fighters to AI German Bomber Flights instead of Escort Fighters
6) Escorting Fighters will now not always be assigned to bombers - this to simulate the difficulties of meeting up in WW2 and the limited fuel capacity of 109s.
7) Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented 'Second Waves' of aircraft from being set up correctly.
8) Incoming Raids can now sometimes fail to locate the correct target.
9) British Fighters will now not always find the enemy on Scramble missions (to simulate poor RDF data)
10) Revised Bomber Formation spacings
11) Revised Terrain Tiles
12) Added more optimisations to aircraft models to aid performance.
13) Fixed a landing issue at Hermelingen airfield
See http://www.wingsoverthereich.com and visit the Downloads page.
10 December 2018
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.8
1) Improved aircraft collision avoidance.
2) Reduced number of fighters that can attack the same enemy aircraft.
3) Improved multi-skin error logging - improved multi-skin application software
- Skins will now be applied to as many aircraft in A and B flight as possible as opposed to stopping on the first one that has an error (skin missing incorrect name etc).
- Skins with missing accompanying damage skins will no longer be applied and vice versa.
4) Revised BF110 FM - it is now less manoeuvrable.
5) Hurricane MKIa model mapping tweaks to allow new skins to work properly.
6) Fixed an issue that prevented Scramble Missions flight time from being tallied up in Pilot Total Flight Time
7) Increased Air Activity around Players Target
8) Increased Bomber formation sizes for the assault phases of BoB. (‘Attack on Fighter Command ‘ onwards)
9) Increased 109 Escort Flights for assault Phases of BoB
10) Reduced 40mm Flak gun RoF
11) Added and updated over 280 new squadron skins for Hurricane aircraft.
(kindly provided by Robert Wiggins and Nolan Bryant, many thanks guys)
See http://www.wingsoverthereich.com and visit the Downloads page.
21 November 2018
Contents and Improvements WOTR V1.7
1) Implemented Player squadron skin support for up to 11 AI unique skins in the players squadron flights -
additional to the player’s aircraft skin. These are applied across both A and B Flights of the player’s squad.
Skins can be made for this by the WOTR community, some are under way currently see the next item below.
Also see further below after 4) for a more detailed explanation on this for skinners.
2) Included in this patch are over 160 unique individual Hurricane MKIa squadron skins!
These are in squadron ‘sets’ and will work with the above new feature. Robert Wiggins and Nolan Bryant
have worked hard to complete these squadrons so far, for use with the above new feature. Many thanks!
Hurricane squadrons included currently able to use this new feature : RAF 1, 17, 32, 43, 56, 79, 85, 87, 111, 145, 151.
Other squadrons will just use defaults and their AI flight members will use the same skin as before until more skins are made.
More plus Me109 to follow if all goes well.
3) Fixed a bug in the manual enlistment screen that prevented the selection of another squad if the player tried to enlist in a squad that was not operable.
4) Hurricane MKIa minor model tweak.
More skins need to be created of course to cover all squadrons, and if all goes well for ME109 squadrons too.
Others may make their own skins as long as they are created in a similar.
2 November 2018 WOTR V1.6
Contents and Improvements:
1) Fixed an issue that prevented straggling bombers from going into defensive moves when fighters press home an attack:
a) Bombers will try to stay in formation to maintain strength in numbers - thus they will rely initially on mutual defensive fire and hold formation as long as possible.
b) Once they have decided to flee and or break formation, stragglers that are attacked, will try to evade in random directions.
c) They will not always evade - they have to have seen the enemy coming and have sufficient control to do evasive maneuvers.
2) Changed the Campaign System to generate slightly more flights in the players region of ops.
3) Enabled ‘Heavy’ campaign density for those with high end PCs.
4) Hurricane MKIa texture mapping issue fixed
5) Fixed an issue that resulted in "unknown" aircraft being reported in mission Details.
6) Fixed an issue with the Ju88 damage system IDs (no effect in runtime that player would notice)
Also includes all the previous patches:
19 October 2018 WOTR V1.5
1) Fixed an issue with the new AP craft engine sounds (causing one loud default engine sound to play for AI flight).
2) Fixed a text display issue in the campaign duty roster interface when the player selects the new 'Never Leads' mode.
As always this update patch always includes the previous patches:
16 October 2018 WOTR V1.4
1) Improved Low level LODs for Heinkel and Hurricane
2) ME109 - (1) Fixed typo on Instrument panel, also minor improvements for night instruments.
- (2) Removed Iron Sight view to allow quicker F6 toggle from front view to gunsight.
3) Implemented 'AP' aircraft for player squadron AI craft to have a unique skin if available (see notes below)
4) Hurricane MKIa improved Boost dial anim to show 3lb and 6lb boost. WEP unchanged gives full boost.
5) Aircraft now stop in place correctly when colliding with tall buildings.
6) Ground Object Collisions Revised: The hardness of the ground object that the aircraft is colliding with
is now taken into account together with the speed of impact.
7) Damaged Prop Strike sound should no longer play in a loop when craft comes to a halt with prop in
contact with ground.
8) Increased the Patrol area from 20km to +-30 km (to help with AI deciding to land at certain waypoints).
9) Implemented a 'Player Never Leads' option in Workshops.
Notes for point 3 : Now auto deployed Squadron skins are deployed to player, and a different skin to flight members if available in the Skins folder (…WOTR\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich\campaigns\CampaignData\Skins)
Example: For flight members skin to be auto deployed when you are in the Hurricane they need to be called (using RAF 17 as an example):
Hurricane_MKIa_AP_RAF 17_damage2.dds (for damage)
(these will be auto assigned only to player’s flight members.
For player skin to be auto deployed:
Hurricane_MKIa_RAF 17_damage2.dds (for damage)
They can both be different.
Other Hurricanes in the theatre will use the default skin.Note does not give unique skins to all flight members just auto deploys a different skin to the player.
Also you can as a player still choose another custom skin in QC screen (or Campaign stores/‘workshop area, or when in missing briefing).
Note we cannot offer support on making skins, or applying them. We hope to have more skins available in the future.
2nd October 2018 WOTR V1.3
1) Fixed a naming issue with the German Cross Medal.
2) Fixed some skin mapping issues with the Hurricane.
3) ME109 mixture control is now automatic at the aircraft level - users no longer need to change the workshops Auto Mixture setting to achieve this.
As always update patches always includes the previous patches:
24th September 2018 WOTR V1.2
1) Revised Radio sounds for 'indistinct' enemy spotted direction calls.
2) Revised Hurri Gun reticule.
3) Increased volume of open canopy wind sound and revised.
4) Fixed an issue that prevented the wooded areas in England from rendering.
13 September 2018 WOTR V1.1
Good news, No major issues have been reported
However the first update patch is NOW Available! You can get it from our Downloads Page
1) Fixed Wheel Contact Points on Hurricane.
2) Revised 303 gun sounds.
3) Revised Bailout sound.
4) WOTR Key Bindings improvements (V1.5d):
1) Increased dead-band for axis recognition when binding, to take into account that users often do not calibrate their joysticks or rudder bars etc
2) Implemented an Axis 'Invert' Function to reverse the axis action. (Left click the axis and press the Advanced button - the Invert button makes the scale negative)
3) Automatically removes trailing spaces in the Device ID name for the VKB and clone series of Joysticks Throttles and Rudder Bars - users of these devices must
'Reset to Default' then rebind and finally 'Save' again to fix the issue
5) Incorporated the Key Guide - see the \WOTR\documentation folder - its also available for download on the WOTR web site under Support.
6) Fixed a Quick Combat issue that under certain circumstances caused the game to crash when selecting bombers and loadouts in the Players second flight.
7)Updated Shaders - Fixes some stability issues and resolves some specular mapping limitations.
Only fixes and updates listed are included. Future Plans
Further to requests for more information, although most is already stated on the website, we have decide to release a little more information on the future plans
for those people anxious to know before purchasing WOTR.
It is planned to release expansions or add-ons that can be purchased for ‘WOTR’ and these will move the war to Europe.
The expansions will eventually culminate in the extensive devastation of Europe by the day and night bombing raids over the German ‘Reich’.
In the shorter term we have added new features and improvements in recent updates, also we plan to add aircraft together with other content additions such as new airfields, grounds objects and so on in the form of DLC starting with additional aircraft for WOTR Phase 1 Battle of Britain, and we hope Battle of France to come next year too. This is planned to be a
FREE add-on for WOTR owners.
The aircraft planned for first FREE add-on, all being well, is a flyable Spitfire MKIa. All details TBC and subject to change.