Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4437424 - 09/06/18 01:24 AM Wings Over the Reich Videos?  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I think the parachute may be a bug?

Full campaign mission including pilot creation:

Channel defense that devolves to 2 v 1:

Last edited by Rick_Rawlings; 09/09/18 02:12 PM.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4437442 - 09/06/18 04:37 AM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
for those wondering, the title track is titled "aces of dover"

ITunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/matt-milne/1301047345
Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/4HohtzSKX5P5lz885y3BPu
Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVS3WBV/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Demo Reel https://soundcloud.com/matt-milne-8/sets/demo-reel-full

Composer - games, films, and tv.
Wings over the Reich, Rise of Flight, Woff, off 2&3, Photokill and Star Trek: Bridge Commander Kobayashimaru
#4437474 - 09/06/18 12:31 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Great stuff, Matt!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4437518 - 09/06/18 05:42 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
the one at the start of the video is track 9, one of the trailer tracks.

ITunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/matt-milne/1301047345
Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/4HohtzSKX5P5lz885y3BPu
Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVS3WBV/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Demo Reel https://soundcloud.com/matt-milne-8/sets/demo-reel-full

Composer - games, films, and tv.
Wings over the Reich, Rise of Flight, Woff, off 2&3, Photokill and Star Trek: Bridge Commander Kobayashimaru
#4437533 - 09/06/18 06:27 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Badly needs a new sound effect for the Hurri's MGs. I've fired a Bren Gun/LMG with an audibly higher rate of fire. Eight Brownings, each one individually capable of about TWICE a Bren's rate of fire, should sound like calico ripping.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4437640 - 09/07/18 08:55 AM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
I might have to resurrect the old Youtube channel and pump a few vids out. Great job Rick.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4437709 - 09/07/18 10:10 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Ace_Pilto]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Nice job Rick!

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#4437744 - 09/08/18 05:15 AM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Few things I've noticed...
Cockpits look really good! Maybe not CLoD good, but a big improvement over WOFF I think.
There are also some nice low level clouds that scoot past you in a delightful way.
I hope they upgrade the radio options as right now, it seems that there is no way to get a vector to your flight or home base, which makes getting lost easier than it should be. I think there should be more radio chatter over all (although I do like the voices they have!) Also, the call and response voices are often the same, making it seem like one flight member is answering himself... maybe when things cool down, run the voices through a pitch shifter just to get some different timbres in there.
The music is fantastic!
I didn't really mess with the engine much and everything still seemed to work okay. I adjusted the mixture a bit and tried to change the prop pitch but was not sure if it was working and honestly couldn't have been able to tell if I did it right anyway. Will need more research.
It took me a minute to figure out how to get into a mission in the campaign menu but after working it out, I actually like the new system quite a bit.
Stuck the landing, no fences!

#4437766 - 09/08/18 10:52 AM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
LuseKofte Offline
LuseKofte  Offline

I buy this for support of WW2 flight simulators and give it a run.
I am not thrilled about the lack of planes , nor the graphic compared to well all others. What I liked was the word Dynamic campaign.
I hope bombers will be available , it will bring on a bit of substance.
But to me this looks like a cheap version of old IL 2

#4437781 - 09/08/18 12:37 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
MajorMagee Offline
MajorMagee  Offline

Dayton, OH
I did a lot of work a few years ago in developing the first set of dynamic reticles with AnKor for CFS3. One of the things I spent a lot of time on was to get the gun convergence calibration set up so that when the ranging circle properly matched the size of the aircraft you would get the maximum effect. Human nature is to shoot as soon as you get them lined up in front of you, but the aces would wait until the range was correct. Then just a second or two of hits would take them down. You can see this in the video where firing early had little effect, other than filling the sky with warning shots. Once the range closed so the wings spanned the ring, the kill was easily made. (21:30 to 21:50).

I see what they mean about the parachutes dropping like bombs.

Service To The Line,
On The Line,
On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.
#4437782 - 09/08/18 12:38 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Thanks for posting Rick.

I hope patrol missions will be the exception as they were not the norm for Fighter Command, after the July 'convoy' phase of the Battle. Being wasteful. Which is not to say that a squadron wouldn't be ordered, after scrambling, to patrol over a certain area at Angels whatever in anticipation of being vectored to intercept a raid that was being tracked by radar or Royal Observer Corps. But standing patrols ought to ahve been rare at this stage.

Fighter Command campaign missions really need to convey the impression that you are operating under the aegis of ground controllers, as part of the famous air defence system that was such a prominent part of the real Battle.

Will probably need to be much the same for later phases eg Channel battles, Defence of the Reich, Tactical Air Force after Normandy. In all of which, as reading memoirs and accounts confirms, ground control and radar played an ever-present part. If proactive ground controllers are not possible, you really need to be able, at the very least to call them up, and ask where any bandits or bogeys are. Sadly the ability to simulate radio traffic as a whole was a major weak spot of CFS3, compared even to EAW.

Last edited by 33lima; 09/08/18 12:39 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4437785 - 09/08/18 01:12 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Also I forgot to mention that enemy planes are really hard to see. Tracking that bandit even at 1900x1200 was basically down to luck...Maybe a little reflectivity love would help?

#4437787 - 09/08/18 01:19 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: 33lima]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted by 33lima
Thanks for posting Rick.

If proactive ground controllers are not possible, you really need to be able, at the very least to call them up, and ask where any bandits or bogeys are. Sadly the ability to simulate radio traffic as a whole was a major weak spot of CFS3, compared even to EAW.

Since they've wrung so much out of the old bird already, I am hoping this can get some love. In real life, if you got separated, you would just radio up "Hey Bill, where did you guys get to?" " Oh, we are over by the tree... " There's going to have to be something like this...

*edit the video is spliced. The first mission I pulled was a scramble, but that was literally the first mission I ever flew so it was fifteen minutes of me pausing every ten seconds to reference the key card, so l reloaded and the second mission is what you see. But there are definitely radar response missions in there.

Last edited by Rick_Rawlings; 09/08/18 01:24 PM.

#4437815 - 09/08/18 04:37 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Pilot Officer Thomas Neil from 249 squadron in 13 Hours That Saved Britain (Battle of Britain Documentary) said the first thing they saw was the cloud of anti aircraft fire, they seldom saw aircraft in the air.
To quote "you could pass 500 aircraft going in the opposite direction 2 miles away and not see a thing"

They looked for the flak bursts then flew towards it, and in the middle of it you'd find the bombers.

Last edited by Polovski; 09/08/18 04:38 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4437819 - 09/08/18 05:04 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

BTW there's many things in WOTR that are not in CFS3, all extra/new code by us. All the direction info and radio comms in WOTR all new code, and the calls are all based on what an AI pilot is actually seeing or doing.
AI lands properly compared to CFS3 which didn't. All things are possible with support, we shall see.

Last edited by Polovski; 09/08/18 05:07 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4437826 - 09/08/18 05:17 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Roger, good news!

#4437912 - 09/09/18 04:08 AM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Bad0pel Offline
Bad0pel  Offline

Massachusetts
When American bomber campaign is implemented, i'm in. Seems like everything else has been done countless amount of times, already have many simulators to play those sorts of eras. Good Luck OBD!

#4437948 - 09/09/18 02:10 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Here's a scramble to a channel defense flight. My flight took out the bombers before I could even get off a shot. Then we were jumped by the fighters and everyone broke up. I ended up with at least two on me. They did a good job of one attacking me while the other climbed for another run. I got a few hits in, but nothing conclusive. When there was a moment when they were both slightly below me, I decided that then was a good time to withdraw (plus, the yellow status bar had been screaming at me to WITHDRAW! for quite some time)...

#4438001 - 09/09/18 09:01 PM Re: Wings Over the Reich Videos? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Good stuff mate!

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.