Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4436815 - 09/02/18 01:41 PM What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next?  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida

What big thing do you want most for UE Next?
single choice
DirectX 11 w/3D clouds & someday VR
36%, 21 Votes
Italian or Easter Front Campaign
19%, 11 Votes
More planes & flyable Zeps
31%, 18 Votes
Multiplayer options
9%, 5 Votes
Other (specify below)
5%, 3 Votes
Total Votes: 58
Voting on this poll ends: 09/22/18 01:40 PM

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4436817 - 09/02/18 01:42 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Just curious what people would like to see next for their favorite WWI flight sim.

#4436821 - 09/02/18 02:34 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Nowi Offline
Nowi  Offline

Florida
Direct x 11 got my vote. But more planes would be nice. Italian and Eastern fronts? Yawn.

Nowi
#4436824 - 09/02/18 02:53 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hellshade, you have one glaring omission on your list of choices: le Aviation Militaire Belge. GASP!!!

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4436825 - 09/02/18 02:54 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
I'd really love to see the aircraft that are noted as missing from squadrons in the game, such as the FK8, Dolphin, Siemens-Schuckert, etc.

Last edited by Raine; 09/03/18 12:44 PM.
#4436832 - 09/02/18 03:28 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Eastern front, NO, no market for this front, we all see the disaster on the Sikorsky WW1 game, no buyer for this front.
Italian front, sure I would like to see, but also here to much effort and no extra buyers, then ok here a go again: better to go for the Belgium air force. :-)

More planes, lots of planes already, to keep the effort for OBD low, I do prefer as
-] There are planes listed in red when using squad deployment in the campaign mode and of course I would like to see those planes in the game, but I wonder if we can use substitutes added to get rid of that red not to be use planes.
-] Go for easy meal: introduce the engine variants, think of the SPAD scouts or as a base the SPAD two seaters. Combine the D7 wings and the Dr1 fuselage to create the Fokker D6 as a sample.
Zeppelin, I think it is rather boring to fly this object, so I think no extra buyers despite lots of effort it will cost.

Multiplayer, I can not remember that the OFF3 multiplayer was crowded, but time do change and maybe new players do like it, I do not know, for me only limited use so a NO only from me.

So yeah, voted #1, but if converting, Ankor, why not skip DirectX11 and go straight for the last DirectX12, the few Win7 users could stay to DirectX9, eventually they have to move to Win10-64bit.

Last edited by dutch; 09/02/18 03:47 PM.
#4436833 - 09/02/18 03:32 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
I voted Italain and Eastern Front because that would include those crazy Austro-Hungarian airplanes... right?

Last edited by ARUP; 09/02/18 03:33 PM.
#4436835 - 09/02/18 03:56 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Seaplanes and appropriate careers for them...

#4436838 - 09/02/18 04:08 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Whew. This was tough.
Of course we need more planes: Sopwith Dolphin, Alb 2-seaters, etc.
Of course we need DX 11 with 3d clouds. Bet FPS would go up.
But ultimately I chose “Other” as I would like to see the Campaign Engine fine tuned a bit: 3 flights for the Allies, Flight and Kette integrity, better mission waypoint selection, better AI (not tougher but smarter), etc.

I’ll pay for all of the above though except multiplayer and Eastern/Italian fronts. You can keep those thank you.

#4436841 - 09/02/18 04:21 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Agree with Duke, but voted before I read his response.
This was tough, was in the same train of thought.

But Voted for DX11 and Clouds (but not VR) as the cloud flicker is now the biggest graphic issue after removal of the blue triangle.
There are so many planes now, it is hard to enjoy them all, but would like to see a few of the missing ones.
And agree that while the AI is great, it seems to have a few quirks.

No interest in Italian or Eastern Front.
No interest in flyable Zeps.
Single Player is WOFF's claim to fame - Unless it can have some sort of on going war, co-op missions, etc, I see no point in competing with ROF/FC in Multiplayer.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4436843 - 09/02/18 04:58 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
As noted, I would love to see some of our more glaring gaps filled - Alb C class, Halb CLII, LVG CV, Roland DVI, Pfalz DXII, Shorthorn, Gunbus, Dolphin, Big Ack, Noop X two-seater, SPAD XI, Salmson
And, continue adding to the landscape with aerodromes, landmarks, iconic structures and towns.
Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4436846 - 09/02/18 05:15 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Hellshade, you have one glaring omission on your list of choices: le Aviation Militaire Belge. GASP!!!

Precisely why I included the final option - Other (specify below) smile

#4436859 - 09/02/18 06:57 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Shredward]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by Shredward
As noted, I would love to see some of our more glaring gaps filled - Alb C class, Halb CLII, LVG CV, Roland DVI, Pfalz DXII, Shorthorn, Gunbus, Dolphin, Big Ack, Noop X two-seater, SPAD XI, Salmson
And, continue adding to the landscape with aerodromes, landmarks, iconic structures and towns.
Cheers,
shredward

X2.. my exact thoughts (surprised? LOL!). There are a ton more planes that can be added to fill- in and expand the sim further... and yes. The Belgian Air Force is a must with the Hanriot HD-1 required.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4436863 - 09/02/18 07:38 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Not an easy vote. I chose more planes because there are still some important gaps to fill in.
But another option (If possible) Would be multi-core cpu support. This way the heavier air activity would become playable with less stuttering. Dont think multiplayer Would have enough players to support it. And italian and eastern front? Think its better to finish the western front first.

#4436866 - 09/02/18 08:00 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Just voted for DX11 and volumetric clouds gents', although there is something charming about the flat, intersecting clouds currently in use too. My no. 2 vote would go for more plane types, with a distant third vote for Italian/Eastern fronts - not much need for those since there isn't as much interest in them. Don't get me wrong - I love my obscure theaters and strange aircraft but RB3D and more recently FE2 already more than cover those obscure fronts - and WOFFue seems to be more western-front based anyway so it's best that it focuses on further development in areas where it excels. Speaking of more aircraft types, what happened with some (beta) tests that were happening to import the Morane-Saulnier type N from FE2 into WOFFue? Any news on that front?...I think there was some testing of Longhorn/Shorthorn types as well....

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 09/02/18 08:01 PM. Reason: Fixed typos.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4436872 - 09/02/18 08:36 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
I’m so torn. I really want to welcome that third decade of the Twenty-First Century with new graphics in WoFF afforded by DX11, but I’m sceptical about those 3D clouds. Every other sim I’ve seen that uses them doesn’t look that great. Just a shapeless mass of cotton. I’m more excited about all other things that DX11 could do better. Better smoke and more of it. Imagine entire section of front covered with columns of smoke, with little impact on frame rate. Mustard gas. Animated rain droplets on the windscreen that leave streaks. Better bullet trails with that vortex rifling effect. Better fire effects. The possibilities are endless, but I went with new selection of airplanes. I don’t care about the Zeps, or driving them. The new airplanes don’t even have to be flyiable. I’m more interested in a greater range of targets. The number and selection of planes is WoFF’s strength. Besides, why couldn’t we have DX11 and eat it too? While AnKor performs magic with the graphics, core OBD team could concentrate on the planes. What’s wrong with that?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4436873 - 09/02/18 08:43 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Fullofit]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Fullofit
I’m so torn. I really want to welcome that third decade of the Twenty-First Century with new graphics in WoFF afforded by DX11, but I’m sceptical about those 3D clouds. Every other sim I’ve seen that uses them doesn’t look that great. Just a shapeless mass of cotton. [......]

A legitimate concern - personally I don't mind the WOFFue clouds at all, they seem to have volume but are very crisp too - in FE2 we have DX10 clouds (volumetric) and it has been a pain trying to get them to look realistic finally (semi-transparent, varied, etc.) - previously they were like the cotton balls you mention.

Von S copter

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4436878 - 09/02/18 09:16 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
All the 3D clouds I've ever seen in any flight game other than WOFF look like "#@*&".

I fly through 3D clouds in WOFF all the time (I have cloud fog" on), and they look fine just as they are (they actually look like paintings)

If OBD is going to put **** 3D volumetric clouds in the next version of WOFF, I sure hope they give us the option of keeping the excellent clouds we have now.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4436930 - 09/03/18 05:17 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. of ...
I too voted for more planes. So many two-seaters to be had, The SPAD A.2 is an oddball favorite, as well as the XI and XVI. Vickers Gunbus, Altabros C.I, C.III, C.V and C.VII,

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done
#4436934 - 09/03/18 06:11 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
I voted for online play.

This has to be the most important thing in my view. We have enough planes ( never enough ) etc, but it would be great if we could actualy wage war together.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4436955 - 09/03/18 12:47 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
One very small addition important to immersion: allow transfers to Home Establishment within the career.

#4436963 - 09/03/18 01:20 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
bb5000 Offline
bb5000  Offline

Support for the Ravcore Javelin (Gladiator) stick... It doesn't recognize buttons (well , only 1 or 2). Maybe a rebuild of the controller interface ?

#4436967 - 09/03/18 01:48 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Originally Posted by Raine
One very small addition important to immersion: allow transfers to Home Establishment within the career.

Oh yeah, that. smile2

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4436975 - 09/03/18 02:29 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: lederhosen]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Better communication. I believe the game would be vastly improved by having more communication options with the AI. For instance, flare signals, These commands FROM the AI flight commander and a way to alert my AI squadron mates with these signals whether I am or am not commanding the flight, such as a wing waggle and direction indicator to let them know where I see an EA, whether they decide to ignore me or not. I think the graphics are just fine and I'm not that crazy about playing with people, I' agree with Stache, single player is one of the best things about WOFF. I like my AI squadron mates..

A late war balloon gun would be great too Santa...I've been good.

Last edited by jerbear; 09/03/18 02:35 PM.
#4436982 - 09/03/18 02:57 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: ARUP]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by ARUP
I voted Italain and Eastern Front because that would include those crazy Austro-Hungarian airplanes... right?

That was my vote either.

#4437000 - 09/03/18 04:26 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Fullofit]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Fullofit
I’m more excited about all other things that DX11 could do better. Better smoke and more of it. Imagine entire section of front covered with columns of smoke, with little impact on frame rate. Mustard gas. Animated rain droplets on the windscreen that leave streaks. Better bullet trails with that vortex rifling effect. Better fire effects.

All well founded observations. I would enjoy seeing all of that with a DX11 upgrade. It would make the war even "grittier".

#4437015 - 09/03/18 06:24 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Raine]  
Waldemar_Kurtz Offline
Waldemar_Kurtz  Offline

Originally Posted by Raine
I'd really love to see the aircraft that are noted as missing from squadrons in the game, such as the FK8, Dolphin, Siemens-Schuckert, etc.

honestly, more planes to fill out the gaps would be plenty for me! (I loved the old fully-modded RB3D Western Front Patch... and this gaming experience is in the same ballpark. there were some things that the WFP did better... but in general WOFF has the advantage of years and technology in its favor. the fact that WFP had something like 200 aircraft was really nice.)

now that I'm finally getting a chance to fly training missions for the French I was really hoping that French pilots would train on a -French- plane.

there are some aircraft I would love to see that aren't in the game yet:
the Voisin III
the MF.11 (which served extensively all over the world)
the Farman F40
the Morane Saulnier N (with deflector plates or interrupter gear)
the Salmson 2

either the LVG or Albatros family of two-seater families would be nice.

I guess Direct X11 would be cool... but I'm pretty happy with how the clouds look right now. I saved up on got a pretty powerful box that can run everything on the highest settings and still run smoothly. so I'm pretty pleased with how everything looks right now. did a flyby of Amiens Cathedral and it looks pretty good.

#4437017 - 09/03/18 06:29 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: VonS]  
Waldemar_Kurtz Offline
Waldemar_Kurtz  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS
Just voted for DX11 and volumetric clouds gents', although there is something charming about the flat, intersecting clouds currently in use too. My no. 2 vote would go for more plane types, with a distant third vote for Italian/Eastern fronts - not much need for those since there isn't as much interest in them. Don't get me wrong - I love my obscure theaters and strange aircraft but RB3D and more recently FE2 already more than cover those obscure fronts - and WOFFue seems to be more western-front based anyway so it's best that it focuses on further development in areas where it excels. Speaking of more aircraft types, what happened with some (beta) tests that were happening to import the Morane-Saulnier type N from FE2 into WOFFue? Any news on that front?...I think there was some testing of Longhorn/Shorthorn types as well....

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

I know it's way off topic... but I still have all those thousands of RB3D files saved away and it would be fun to tackle those again. I couldn't get the old RB3D mods to work on Win10. is there a trick to getting it?

#4437026 - 09/03/18 07:25 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Yes it can run on Win10-64, if I may interupt here. Go to the Steam RB3d section, for downloading the .exe file that you will need for running RB3D. Lots of info can be found on Steam regarding RB3d.

#4437030 - 09/03/18 07:48 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Waldemar_Kurtz]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Waldemar_Kurtz
[.....] know it's way off topic... but I still have all those thousands of RB3D files saved away and it would be fun to tackle those again. I couldn't get the old RB3D mods to work on Win10. is there a trick to getting it?

If I may also interrupt briefly, please see this website that has a modded RB3D patch ready for Win10 installs:

https://www.replaying.de/files/red-baron-3d-windows-10-edition-download/

On a more related note, I'm happy with my vote for DX11 but would add that volumetric clouds are not a priority (in fact I prefer them in their current form). DX11 could of course be used for other, enhanced damage effects, fires, etc. - this I think is an area where DX11 would really excel in WOFFue.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

#4437033 - 09/03/18 08:17 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Dornil Offline
Dornil  Offline

Italian front! Imagine flying in all those mountains and valleys! Austro-Hungarian airplanes!
Flying boats and hydroplanes would be very nice too.

#4437035 - 09/03/18 08:32 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
If it’s seaplanes you want plenty of such operations on the northern French coast/Channel. Real combat ops.

#4437051 - 09/03/18 10:43 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: VonS]  
Waldemar_Kurtz Offline
Waldemar_Kurtz  Offline

thank you dutch and vonS for your replies. I must confess... that about every other time I see the word "DX11" I find myself thinking it SHOULD be "D.XII"!

#4437138 - 09/04/18 02:11 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Shredward]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Cheers,
shredward

This.

IMO, multiplayer would ruin this sim. I opine it would descend into "fair" and "evenly matched" pew-pew-pew planes/mindsets for both sides and, if like other sims, dictate development along those ahistorical lines. A lot of WOFF's appeal to me is that it is NOT MP and not slaved to that mindset. I'd bin the sim immediately if MP were introduced. OBD has enough to do with the SP portion as it is.

#4437158 - 09/04/18 04:12 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Just a heretic thinking - who is going to implement this poll winner feature? I suppose OBD will have a lot of work with WOTR at least for the next 5 years.

Last edited by JJJ65; 09/06/18 07:51 AM. Reason: typo
#4437388 - 09/05/18 08:26 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: JFM]  
Waldemar_Kurtz Offline
Waldemar_Kurtz  Offline

Originally Posted by JFM
Cheers,
shredward

This.

IMO, multiplayer would ruin this sim. I opine it would descend into "fair" and "evenly matched" pew-pew-pew planes/mindsets for both sides and, if like other sims, dictate development along those ahistorical lines. A lot of WOFF's appeal to me is that it is NOT MP and not slaved to that mindset. I'd bin the sim immediately if MP were introduced. OBD has enough to do with the SP portion as it is.

I mostly agree. if they were to make an MP version I would insist that the flight model and damage model not be changed. it's very good.

based on experience on multiple sims and forums - you've described what always happens for nearly ever sim. the prevailing demand is that they get transformed from a combat flight-simulator into a good online-game experience. part of the WWI experience is based on the constantly shifting balance of power in favor of one air force over another. there were many scenarios where it wouldn't have been considered good 'gameplay' balance... but would have reflected a historical reality. (case in point, lousy tactics played a much bigger role in "the Fokker Scourge" and "Bloody April" than any particular aircraft-vs-aircraft match-up)

a lot of the time this complaint about the gameplay balance being unfair is really more of a veiled complaint about inexperience vs experience. the sad truth is that a guy flying a Nieuport 17 with only 90 minutes of flight time is probably going to lose to the guy who's got 80 hours of time on a Roland C.II.

the other problem is that a lot of casual players want the match-up outcome to reflect historical tendencies - with no accounting for experience, situation, and skill. you'd see this with the P-51 (or insert name here). since it was widely regarded as the best fighter of WW2 and used by the side that "won" the war.... this means it should always win, right? but when you look at the speed difference between the P-51D and the Bf109G6 it's only a 10% difference or so. this marginal speed difference isn't so much that it can overcome a serious gap in experience, skill, and tactical advantage from one player to another.

my online experiences in RB3d open servers wasn't that great - so I stopped visiting them. they just turned into big mobs of turning battles. everybody picked three or four planes and that was it. (Fokker D.VII, SPAD XIII, SE5a, Sopwith Camel, Fokker Dr.I). everybody would just hang out around one airfield spawning over and over again and shooting each other down endlessly. people were more obsessed with their kill-to-loss ratio than actually flying a variety of aircraft. and you would find this on nearly every server. it actually got pretty boring.

that being said, my online experience ended up being pretty good with the "Flanders in Flames" RB3d tournaments...basically a dead-is-dead style tournament that would focus on specific historical periods of the war. I think they migrated over to "Rise of Flight". I remember the players were uniformly fun to play with. yeah, we'd get a few gripes about something being too good or not good enough... but, once the tournament sessions started they'd put the gripes aside and play the game. compared to the regular open servers, it was a much better experience. so for those people who like online fighting I would hope that those squadrons are still out there: JG1, Black Haze, Jasta 5, RAC, Escadrille 124 probably aren't still around... but I remember them being good folks. if I ever go back to rise of flight I'd probably re-enlist in JG1 Richthofen just like old times (hopefully).

the reason I bought THIS game is because of the extensive offline features. I don't really want to be REQUIRED to connect to the server to do something as basic as fly all by myself in the place of my choosing. don't get me wrong, "Rise of Flight" looks like it would be a great experience... but I don't like the idea of being forced to connect to a server to even play the game. like RB3d, one day they might not support the servers anymore.... and then you've spent money on a game you can't even play!

#4437538 - 09/06/18 07:07 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
AnKor Offline
AnKor  Offline

Russia
Originally Posted by Panama Red
All the 3D clouds I've ever seen in any flight game other than WOFF look like "#@*&".

I generally try to avoid making things that look like "#@*&" smile
How much I succeed is another question though.

Attached Files VolClouds20180609.jpg
#4437540 - 09/06/18 07:11 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

That definitely looks promising Ankor!

#4437543 - 09/06/18 07:27 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I certainly wouldn't complain about those 3d clouds, AnKor. If anyone can do it, you can. Rare combination of skill, talent and passion.

#4437553 - 09/06/18 08:25 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

I voted , like many other for planes, I think the logical step would be to fill in the gaps of the missing plane sets. ( Flyable or AI controlled ) This approach would endeavor to bring about a more complete and robust game. Later down the line, add more bells and whistles

#4437628 - 09/07/18 06:43 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: AnKor]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by AnKor

Ankor, think PR is right on this, I only dislike more the moving straight cloud lines as being see on this RR video at 3:26. In WoffUE sometimes they will go from one side of the screen to the other site. Which I think looks rather clumbsy.

#4437669 - 09/07/18 03:45 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
A little OT, but IS there a "next" for WOFF UE? After all, "ultimate" implies an end--that's the definition of ultimate. I.e., the best/last. What comes after ultimate--the ultimater? And is there time and are there resources for concurrent development of WOFF NG (Next Generation) while the next WOTR phase is being developed?

#4437671 - 09/07/18 03:55 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: JFM]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by JFM
A little OT, but IS there a "next" for WOFF UE? After all, "ultimate" implies an end--that's the definition of ultimate. I.e., the best/last. What comes after ultimate--the ultimater? And is there time and are there resources for concurrent development of WOFF NG (Next Generation) while the next WOTR phase is being developed?

+1.
Ref.to my post here

#4437678 - 09/07/18 04:30 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: JJJ65]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Originally Posted by JJJ65
Originally Posted by JFM

+1.
Ref.to my post here

salute

#4437681 - 09/07/18 04:36 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
There is a WOFF UE 1.48. I see no reason why there couldn't potentially be a WOFF UE 2.0. At least I can still hope for that. biggrin

Last edited by Hellshade; 09/07/18 04:37 PM.

#4437682 - 09/07/18 04:39 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: AnKor]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by AnKor

I dunno Dutch and PR, those WIP clouds look pretty amazing to me. I'd love to have the opportunity to fly through them without the popping and flickering that we sometimes get now. Perhaps there could be a Workshop setting for 2D/3D.

#4437685 - 09/07/18 05:32 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

We have not stopped/ended WOFF development. Yes we have been working round the clock on WOTR that doesn't mean we don't want to do more on both...

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4437698 - 09/07/18 08:22 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Good news about WOFF, Pol. Thanks for the horse's mouth confirmation.

#4437956 - 09/09/18 03:30 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4438115 - 09/10/18 02:57 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

The Belgian air force would be a natural addition to WOFF. They are well documented, and wouldn't even require any map changes. I'm sure many people would love to fly the Hanriot scout too!

The Italian front would be something never properly done in any flight sim. Of course it would involve considerably more work than the Belgians.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4438124 - 09/10/18 04:02 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hasse]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by Hasse
The Belgian air force would be a natural addition to WOFF. They are well documented, and wouldn't even require any map changes. I'm sure many people would love to fly the Hanriot scout too!

The Italian front would be something never properly done in any flight sim. Of course it would involve considerably more work than the Belgians.

But also a big risk when introducing the Italian front, could be at the cost of lots of labour and only a few buyers. BTW, I do not see that many screen shots from players that are flying in the montains from Alsace.

For the Belgium airforce, there is even no need to wait for the Hanriot, lots of planes that are already in the game. But an extra plane is always welcome.

Last edited by dutch; 09/10/18 08:00 PM.
#4438127 - 09/10/18 04:24 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
elephant Offline
elephant  Offline

Patras-Greece
Ι voted for DX and 3D but I think the addition of planes would be a more feasible option (I'm not interested in player controlled Zepelins)

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

#4438210 - 09/11/18 01:18 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
If WOFF fliers are like me they would buy anything added to this SIM! So... developers... don't discount an Italian Front! It would be cool to be an observer in a balloon or a flight crew member in a Zeppelin or Schütte-Lanz airship (passenger role). In the balloon you might take to your 'chute when attacked but in the airship...

#4438218 - 09/11/18 01:43 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: ARUP]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by ARUP
...but in the airship...

Oh, the humanity!

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4438221 - 09/11/18 02:01 AM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
You can't fault the man for wanting it all, but I'm sure we all know that is not likely to ever happen in most of our life times..... Oh well, we have a lot to be thankful for with what we already have!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4438312 - 09/11/18 02:27 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Oh well, we have a lot to be thankful for with what we already have!

True story. WOFF UE already has far more than i could have hoped for when i first started looking for another WWI sim all those years ago. That never serms to stop us for hoping for more though, does it? biggrin

#4438529 - 09/12/18 01:49 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
Well, if you believe Pol, WOFF development transcends hope and is actually a certainty. So, they have to develop something, right? Let's shoot for the moon!

[Linked Image]

Yeah, I know, blah, blah, blah on why it can't/shouldn't be done. Duly noted. Now, zip it and go away so OBD can get started. wave2

#4438568 - 09/12/18 06:22 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Coop multiplayer would be the bee's knees! Either as pilot/gunner or flying planes within the same squadron. I have a few buddies that I game with on the weekend and that keeps my flying time down. We are currently in ARMA, but if WOFF or WOTR had coop, there's a very good chance I could get them on board...

Oh, and the option to fly all the way from WOFF to WOTR in a single flight would be AWESOME!!!!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4438757 - 09/13/18 05:31 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: JFM]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by JFM
Well, if you believe Pol, WOFF development transcends hope and is actually a certainty. So, they have to develop something, right? Let's shoot for the moon!

[Linked Image]

Yeah, I know, blah, blah, blah on why it can't/shouldn't be done. Duly noted. Now, zip it and go away so OBD can get started. wave2

I know this kind of ships will be introduced in Wotp :-)

#4438762 - 09/13/18 05:36 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: Hellshade]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
WOTP!!! bananadance

#4438783 - 09/13/18 06:46 PM Re: What Big Thing Do You Want Most for UE Next? [Re: JFM]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by JFM

Right, Saturn V rocket it is.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse