Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4443743 - 10/15/18 02:04 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
Well, if they have decided that offensive holding isn't really a penalty, I hope they don't decide it is just in time for the BCS games. I've seen calls go all year long one way, and then all of a sudden in the playoffs it's different.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4443784 - 10/15/18 02:38 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
LSU is awesome!

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4443812 - 10/15/18 06:26 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dart]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Dart
LSU is awesome!

Hey! That was uncalled for you $#^%$& Bama &#%$^#&!!! cuss

GO DAWGS! winkngrin

not sure where we are going, BUT WE ARE GOING!!! rolleyes

S!Blade<>< skyisfalling

#4443838 - 10/15/18 10:10 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I was referring to the "Just Don't Suck!" line in the video.

Otherwise, no love for the whodats.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4443950 - 10/16/18 03:43 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
LOL.

But doesn't whodat belong to the 'aints?

I remember back in 2010, New Orleans was still celebrating a Superbowl victory. It was the Time Machine tour (Moving Pictures in its entirety) and Geddy Lee did a whodat to the audience. The arena (next to the Superdome) went freaking ballistic.

Dart, your wife called it (LSU doing well this year, at least so far). I'm still mostly indifferent to LSU football, but at least I'm watching the games now.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4443974 - 10/16/18 06:00 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The rumors at LSU were that Miles and his coaching staff had a lot of friction, and so they were following his instructions more than doing their thing as they saw fit. Coach O is apparently a lot more of a delegate kind of leader, more interesting in providing overall direction and message to the team.

This seems to have borne true, as Ogeron didn't remake the staff when he got the nod, and with a lot of the same players is getting a lot better results.

Nothing against Les Miles - the guy is a proven coach - but the circumstances and culture of the coaching staff seemed to have gotten away from him.

I like LSU moving back to being a powerhouse. The SEC West used to be a harsh gauntlet, and it hasn't lived up to its reputation. Now if Ole Miss can find the voodoo doll hidden somewhere on the practice field and get rid of it....just as long as they don't raid Alabama's coaching staff like everyone else (but LSU). smile

Speaking of which, looks like Pruitt's work at TN is slowly paying off. I still think he needs another season to get things right up there, though. He's okay, I guess, even though he played and his father coached at Plainview High School (bitter rival to the High School I went to - Fyffe Red Devils FTW!). It's sad to see a traditional rival to Alabama reduced to the state where they carried a trash can on the sidelines as a trophy.

On the whole "Saban is undefeated against former assistants" stat announcers love to throw around - it's a garbage statistic. Since his second season, Alabama under Saban has lost fourteen games (in ten years, including three losses in 2010) in the regular season. Total. So when a team is only averaging one loss a season in the last nine years, he's beating everyone no matter who they worked for previously.

LOL, I remember in 2007 when everyone was calling for him to be fired during that first 7-6 season, saying he was an LSU plant put in Tuscaloosa to make sure we never got good. '83 to '06 were tough times to be a 'Bama fan, something that seems strange today.

From Laser:
#4444059 - 10/17/18 02:08 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Well, if they ever fire Saban, would gladly give your Urban back.

He now thinks he's back in Utah and turning a fine running offense into nothing but a passing threat.
It's not the way of the Big10,,,sigh

#4444505 - 10/19/18 08:58 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
We're thinking about walking the campus on Alabama game day to check out the madness (I hear it's always crazy when the Tide comes in), then watching the game at the Varsity Theatre (where we've seen many a Rock shows). They show the game on a big screen with no admission as they make money off the bar (plus another connecting bar and grill). If it's too crowded and/or noisy, we can always leave and watch it on DVR when we get home.

http://www.varsitytheatre.com/newevents/lsufb09

Man, I've been crazy strict on my eating lately and I think I deserve a (just off campus) Mellow Mushroom shrimp and artichoke heart pizza! readytoeat

EDIT: Alabama (and any SEC) tickets are a little more than the $8.00 I paid for the last home game against Rice. smile

Last edited by MarkG; 10/19/18 09:04 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4444657 - 10/21/18 02:50 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
So, not a fan of Purdue right now - Buckeye's getting their ass kicked.

But say a prayer for Tyler Trent tonight. A BoilerMaker who loves college football.

#%&*$# cancer!

#4444708 - 10/21/18 03:31 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Pruitt on a tear in Tennessee - Alabama didn't change it's signals and when he read them and called the adjustments his players weren't looking to the sidelines to get them. duh

The wife and I watched the TN-Auburn game on the scouting mission, and had a bit of a conversation about the speed of play.

"They look like they're at practice," I commented, "Walking through the plays."
"That's not how Alabama practices," she countered, "I watched all those videos on it. They're much faster than that."

Pruitt said after the game:

On coming out faster in games: "It's all about how we execute in practice. We have to start practice fast, and throughout the week we have to come out with the mindset that we have to open up the game fast. I feel like everything start's with practice when it comes to executing at a high level early on in the game."

For our Buckeye fans:

What happened against Purdue? Did Ohio fall into rat poison syndrome and just not come prepared to fight? Did they have players out?

From Laser:
#4444852 - 10/22/18 04:27 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted by Dart

For our Buckeye fans:

What happened against Purdue? Did Ohio fall into rat poison syndrome and just not come prepared to fight? Did they have players out?

Not sure, but they played poorly in every aspect of the game. A repeat of the Iowa game last year.

Hopefully they will get their heads out of the AP poll and start concentrating on winning games..

#4444927 - 10/23/18 12:56 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
They did not mention Butch Jones by name:

Btw, I agree with the Tennessee fans that his celebration after the game was too over the (Rocky) Top and classless.

Those were largely his players on the field getting trounced, and TN is paying him 200K a month as his buyout. He's an "intern analyst" that doesn't coach players, so had about as much input during the game as those of us watching from home.

From Laser:
#4445842 - 10/28/18 01:43 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Go Dawgs!!!

And Now You Know-
It was a good win after a week off and that stinging loss to LSU, but it was painful watching that 7 play goal line stand by the Gators. Much respect to the Gators, but that play calling of run it up the gut 6 times including two QB sneaks back to back was pitiful. Once you see that the O line is not getting any push after a run or two, don't you scratch your head and say, gee, we had better try something different? Anyway, it was good to see Jake Fromm in top form after all the nay sayers were calling for his replacement after the LSU game. Now every sports commentator is saying he is the man and there is no doubt he has earned the job as the starting QB for the rest of the year. Hell, Fromm proved that last year in his Freshman year. We are living in a social media driven, no loyalty, hype driven, just because I tweet it means its true, world of D-bags sports commentators and turncoat fans. This IMHO of course.
The Rest Of The Story.

Have A Nice Day! yep

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 10/28/18 01:44 PM.
#4445852 - 10/28/18 02:18 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The first half of the GA game was painful to watch in that the play was slowwwww, almost a mirror of the GA/LSU game, where there didn't seem to be a sense of urgency by either team. Over five minutes to complete the first drive by GA!

Today if I were a Florida defense guy I'd be mightily pissed at the offense - they did everything they were supposed to do and the offense either screwed it up or didn't capitalize on it. Florida's offensive players had their heads down on the sidelines before the half, when they were still in the game.

In the rear of the game, GA started playing with some fire and it showed. They looked like the team that won the SEC championship and nearly the National last year when they went fast. They have the talent and the coaching to be able to no-huddle and execute well; why they didn't until late is a mystery to me.

I don't get the whole flea-flicker thing - even Alabama did one this year - and it's such a low percentage play that I'd put it behind the desperation tab of the play book.

From Laser:
#4446895 - 11/04/18 03:30 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Interesting day in college football.

Alabama - no one can touch them. Just jump to the NFL, or start your own league

Clemson - was that a hoops score

Ohio State - you have issues

Michigan - muck fichigan

#4446897 - 11/04/18 03:52 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
The way they have the rankings lately, I think the NCAA has already decided the BCS.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. winner of Michigan/Ohio State game

I just hope that of the 30 some Bowl games to come, at least a few of them will be good.

#4446925 - 11/04/18 01:42 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I joked before the game that we should have a drinking game - every time they said "Devin White" in the first half of the Alabama game we should drink. Thankfully we didn't, or we'd of died.

Refs once again refused to call holding - offensive or defensive - on either side. Interesting.

Tua's cup was the MVP. Launching, crown of the helmet to the "goodies," and while he did have to go to the sideline for the "Nut Protocol," it seems he was okay. No targeting call, though.

LSU's secondary on defense was all it was advertised to be, as we saw in the close, low score. Our defense has been tired of being overshadowed by the offense in the press and came out to prove they're still worthy of mention.

Burrows is not normal. Something is broken in that man's head. About hit number two I'd of been on the sidelines crying, whimpering for Hello Kitty bandaids and bactine, and demanding something be done about the bad men that had hurt me.

[edit]

I did not understand the hype around Devin White. How was one defensive lineman supposed to win the game for LSU? And he came into the game fresh...and had very little impact.

Last edited by Dart; 11/04/18 08:21 PM.

From Laser:
#4447451 - 11/07/18 08:11 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Wife: "Why is LSU playing so lousy?"
Me: "Maybe they're not. Maybe Alabama is just that good."

My only surprise was that Tracy missed a field goal < 50 yards.
Me: "Bama must really be in their heads."

I thought he'd get a chance to redeem himself at the end of the game and put at least 3 on the board. That is, if LSU could have kept from losing yardage on their last drive (a lot to ask for that day). But Burrow got picked in the endzone on third down and that was the last time the offense was on the field.

At least that's how I remember it while half-ass paying attention. smile

The sun is in the east
#4447809 - 11/09/18 08:00 PM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: LB4LB]  
zcaa0g Offline
zcaa0g  Offline

Originally Posted by LB4LB
The way they have the rankings lately, I think the NCAA has already decided the BCS.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. winner of Michigan/Ohio State game

I just hope that of the 30 some Bowl games to come, at least a few of them will be good.

If Syracuse could beat Clemson last year, they sure as heck can beat Notre Dame this year. It's extremely difficult to go undefeated and even though Nick Saban is the best coach in college football history (it''s more difficult now than it was back in the old days due to parity), he's only gone undefeated one time and even that may not of happened if Colt McCoy wouldn't have gotten injured early in the 1st quarter. I'm glad Alabama won't though as the Longhorns are so unlikable.

And while things are looking good for Michigan, they have a history of choking and Ohio St. isn't a gimme regardless of what happened in the Purdue game. Lots of strange things can happen in rivalry games.

#4448006 - 11/11/18 12:32 AM Re: College Football !!!!!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
While I'll be the first to say Miss States was cheated out of a TD, I'll also ask when spearing stopped being a penalty.

That's twice a defensive player has intentionally gone for Tua's knees.

From Laser:
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.