Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4434566 - 08/17/18 11:04 AM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
More fake news to challenge with hard facts

Not much visible in your screenshot is there Mr. Jelly, clearsky, 8 planes, no groundobjects, no flack, AAA, trees, not even a battle situation and inactive AI, nothing much to render is there? In that situation according to the calculations I've shown EAWPRO should be able to get double that FPS.

[Linked Image]

I cannot run EAWPro in Win 10 so I have to use Win 7
When I run it I get the 7217 error, so I have to use the d3d windower.
Unlike the 1.28 series EAWPro cannot display the frame rate, but the d3dwinower does and as you can see that is 30FPS.
In fairness when I run160 in W7 I get 60FPS, but the compatability system halves that in W10. It is basically the same with the windower, and I guess that if I could run EAWPro in W7 without a windower I would be getting 60.
According to your calculations I should be getting double, but the fact is I am getting the same with EAWPro that I get with 160.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4434569 - 08/17/18 11:20 AM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
"Exact same thing, also NOT an empty F.3DZ"

As the frustration grows you are looking more and more pathetic. I didn't build the F4u, I didn't build the A-36 and I didn't build some other SPAW models. They were added from the general inventory, also a time honored tradition in the EAW world.

How long are you going to keep criticizing my work while using other people's models?

===========================================================

"I know for a fact that every plane and groundmodel build without a proper R/S will have rendering issues"

No, you don't, you failed 3dz maven.

I have a number of planes that have been patched up with a combination of the Empty F and piggybacks to the point that there are NO R/S issues.

"I don't mind if people don't have the same criteria of greatness as me"

There it is folks. A legend in his own mind. Megalomania at it's finest.

Combine it with a healthy does of paranoia and you have a toxic mix that has damaged the EAW community for 20 years.

Sadly, you continue to accept the behavior with nary a peep.

Why is that?

Do you like the flame wars?

Don't forget, VBH has already been banned here FOR EXACTLY THE SAME BEHAVIOR.

What's different now?

Why is his behavior tolerated now as opposed to the past?

In fact, knowing his toxicity, why was he even allowed to return?

Could it be the moderators like the traffic his rants generate?

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4434572 - 08/17/18 11:38 AM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
@ Mr. Jelly, The public has sufficient information to figure out for themselves what's going on and the proof is in the pudding.
@ Rotton, it's EAW which is the legend Rotton, not me. I lack the aspiration to become a legend, all I want is to have fun with EAW. Stop twisting people's words and your venemous filth.

VonBeerhofen

#4434576 - 08/17/18 12:02 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Hey,Caesar, just quoting you on your "greatness".

And I haven't said a venomous word about your work now have I?

No, I've kept my comments to your behavior.

Speaking of venomous.

#4434578 - 08/17/18 12:07 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

No, but there isn't a single post you wrote in this thread that doesn't show your venom against me and that after you provoced a comparison about proper R/S, Well you got what you wanted and since you don't like the numbers you're now trying to turn this community against me, as you have always done when you loose the battle. Now go back to your tweaking with or without learning something. Your models are flawed end of story.

VonBeerhofen

#4434579 - 08/17/18 12:10 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
@ Mr. Jelly, The public has sufficient information to figure out for themselves what's going on and the proof is in the pudding.
VonBeerhofen

Agreed smile
A very sound pudding with a nice topping of screenshots showing framerates smile

What visual evidence did you come up with to support your statements re- framerates?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4434584 - 08/17/18 12:27 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Ther is no visual evidence one can display in a static screenshot, it will not display the differences in hardware or the game settings or the weight of the addon in use, so your or my pictures don't mean a thing. The evidence is what the public finds when they compare both versions, I do not need more evidence then that. It's not a framerate competition you know and I'm not in it to win it either, I've just set myself the goal to make EAWPRO as fast as I possibly can, I assume you have a simmilar goal. The public well understands the subject of framerates, at least those who've been playing games for longer period of times. Framerate issues automattically display themselves in games, you either get good, decent or bad FPS. They also understand that it's directly related to the world they're playing in and the ammount of polygons and textures the game has to render, plus a few factors relating to their hardware. It's simple common knowledge for the players and it's up to them to make an appropiate judgement. I just tell them what I think EAWPRO is capable of, you tell them what you think v1.60 is capable of, the rest is up to them.

VonBeerhofen

#4434586 - 08/17/18 12:39 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Hey Caesar, you're spending an inordinate amount of time attempting to increased frame rates.

Science say the average player is quite satisfied with a game running roughly 24 FPS. So let's round up to 30FPS for arguments sake.

That means all the BS in this thread meant to show how your superior abilities are being used to implement the highest frame rates possible are a moot point.

You'd be much better off spending your time taking an online course in something like "How to Win Friends and Influence People" or "How to Stop Being An A**hole in Three Easy Lessons".

I could save you time and money though. Just behave exactly the opposite of the way you do now.

If it works and you're happy please consider a donation to my favorite charity.

A**hole's Anonymous.

#4434587 - 08/17/18 12:47 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

In that situation according to the calculations I've shown EAWPRO should be able to get double that FPS.

I agree. It is not a framerate competition.
However, you made that statement, so just to check I ran EAWPro and found that it was not true at all. My real frame rate was still 60 and not 120.
As a result I challenged what you wrote, and provided visual evidence to support my statements.

wink Jel

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4434588 - 08/17/18 12:51 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

You are not taking AI behaviour into account Rotton, they get smarter and react faster with every increase in FPS, that plays out on the moves they make, their situational awareness and evasiveness. Besides that, a goal that the community (Knegel) has always strived for was the boundary of 60 FPS which is where the AI start using the exact same flightmodels as the human player. In the stock game the AI never will enter a stall, in EAWPRO I've seen evidence of them stalling. There's ofcourse much more which relates to FPS, their aiming skill, their emergency landings, actually everything the planes do in terms of decision making relates to FPS. The quicker the gameloop the more often the AI routines are called. Smoothness is only secondary to everything else, smart AI are far more important but you can't have one without the other. If you guys don't know that then it's futile to further discuss this. It is futile anyway.

VonBeerhofen

#4434589 - 08/17/18 01:03 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

@ Mr. Jelly
You can not compare FPS in two different gameversions, it needs the exact same circumstances of both battle situations. The exact same ammount of objects, bullets, explosions, the same terrain and sky, performed on the exact same computer and in the same resolution, using the exact same videomode and/or wrapper.

You are not in control of most of it and the number of active planes or objects will not be visible in the shot. Furthermore you can not control the status the AI are in outside the shot, wether they're flying back to base, engaged in battle or simply lost. So what you have done is totally futile and not indicative of any version. Even when it's not in the screenshot, outside it the battle still rages and virtual bullets and explosions are still happening and planes are dying. AI are doing everything still wether they're in the shot or not.

Background processess also have an impact on FPS, the more there are active the lower your FPS and this is usually not the same on different computers, which is why the OS you use also plays a role.

It is therefore vital that framerates remain constant, so each and every AI routine gets sufficient time to do what it needs to do and will not be subject to entries which dictate not to do them when FPS is lower then XX. There are many such restrictions build into the game. Modifying these routines beyond their time limit will result in choppyness and is a framerate side effect.

Mr. Jelly should know all this stuff. If he does then he's only trying to turn around the facts in his favour by showing useless screenshots with FPS on it, knowing that it is not indicative of the situation in the game. I f he doesn't then God help us.

VonBeerhofen

#4434593 - 08/17/18 01:36 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I have to go out shortly, so I will not be posting the screenshots.
However, I used the same computer and the windower to read the FPS.
Using the default ETO planes and theatre in 160 with a single P51D aircraft doing bombing mission, with no supporting or enemy AIs i got 30FPS on the windower.
As far as possible I ran the same mission in EAWPro, with the same screen res of 1024x768
The framerate on the windower was 29. There was no real difference smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4434607 - 08/17/18 03:44 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
You are not taking AI behaviour into account Rotton, they get smarter and react faster with every increase in FPS, that plays out on the moves they make, their situational awareness and evasiveness. Besides that, a goal that the community (Knegel) has always strived for was the boundary of 60 FPS which is where the AI start using the exact same flightmodels as the human player. In the stock game the AI never will enter a stall, in EAWPRO I've seen evidence of them stalling. There's ofcourse much more which relates to FPS, their aiming skill, their emergency landings, actually everything the planes do in terms of decision making relates to FPS. The quicker the gameloop the more often the AI routines are called. Smoothness is only secondary to everything else, smart AI are far more important but you can't have one without the other. If you guys don't know that then it's futile to further discuss this. It is futile anyway.

VonBeerhofen

Futile? You got that right.

All the bullsh*t that sounds impressive to the average player but really, just fancy words amounting to.................bullsh*it.

AI behavior in 1.6 is far removed from the original and FWIW, we've had AI stalls, situational awareness improvements, improved intercept functions, return to base situations and evasiveness since 1.28 C. We can even get the AI planes to line up on the deck after a carrier landing.

Did I say carrier landings?

You do have carriers in EAWPRO?
And torpedoes?
And skipping bombs?
And multiple bomb drops?
And randomly generated EA taking off to intercept you on your way home?
And 4000 TMOD's?
And barge traffic on rivers?
And floatplanes landing on water tiles?
And adjustable bullet convergence?
And large caliber cannons?
And the ability to switch planesets and / or scenarios in the blink of an eye?
And the ability build you own planesets?
And the ability to land and reload during intercept missions?
And over 50 different weapons available for loadout?
And, oh I don't know, about 100 other major and minor mods that make the 1.6 series the most advanced game system in the EAW world.

No?

Oh, you just haven't got around to doing those things?

Well then, you better quit fightin' and get crackin' or you going to lose your "Greatness".

#4434613 - 08/17/18 04:58 PM Re: Ship Wakes? [Re: AngleOff]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Once again this thread, with the usual protaganists has devolved into a personal slagging match - so once again its locked.
If you can't debate without getting personal, then I suggest you don't debate.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.