Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4431743 - 07/25/18 04:47 PM OFF Hat in the Ring  
Paroni Offline
Paroni  Offline

Finland
Hey all!
Is there available "Hat in the Ring Expansion " for OFF.
I had that once,but it gone with my Windows 7 re-install.

Thanks for your replies!

#4431746 - 07/25/18 04:56 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Paroni
Hey all!
Is there available "Hat in the Ring Expansion " for OFF.
I had that once,but it gone with my Windows 7 re-install.

Thanks for your replies!

Hello Paroni.

My apologies but the OFF Hat in the Ring Expansion is no longer available from the developers. You would either need to find someone to sell you their old copy or I would urge you to consider buying the new Wings Over Flands Fields Ultimate Edition (WOFF UE) which is now at a very reduced price of $29.99. For a little more than what you find HitR for, you could have a ton more content, great new features and access to the latest mods. Best of luck, sir.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4431748 - 07/25/18 05:32 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Paroni Offline
Paroni  Offline

Finland
Thanks Hellshade!

I have WOFF UE also.
OFF with HatR is amazing because there is mod OFFice(made Lothar of the Hill People).
That kind role play is not there in WOFF.
The second reason is my old machine rolls OFF much better.

But thanks.
I search that program yet...
PS. Maybe WOFFice would be better.

#4431807 - 07/26/18 01:42 AM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Giesemaschine Offline
Giesemaschine  Offline

Seattle WA
I lost my download links/DVD to this long ago, I wish there was an option to purchase this as well. I have WOFFUE but sometimes it'd be nice to play the older flavors of this great sim smile

Please let me know what you find out, Paroni.

#4444865 - 10/22/18 05:55 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
I just reinstalled Over-Flanders-Field and Hat-in-ring and Kind of wasted my time and computer space but i had forgotten why i uninstalled it to begin with.. The original off and HIR both have rediculous AI and it is very hard to fly any length of time with out getting shot out of the sky.
At lest in ROF when I make myself industructable I can fly for a while without getting shot up immediatly. That absolutly ruins oFF for me. I am sure i will not waste my money om WOFFUE as i can not imagiane they have improved the AI that much.

Giesemaschine I have a copy on- disc of HitIR if you send me directions on how to get it to you.

#4444878 - 10/22/18 07:45 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Pawgy]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Originally Posted by Pawgy
The original off and HIR both have rediculous AI and it is very hard to fly any length of time with out getting shot out of the sky.
At lest in ROF when I make myself industructable I can fly for a while without getting shot up immediatly. That absolutly ruins oFF for me. I am sure i will not waste my money om WOFFUE as i can not imagiane they have improved the AI that much.

Although I've never tried it I believe that you can accomplish immortality in WOFF UE. And I think that comparable settings were available in OFF and HITR too.

Go to workshop/more settings and make the following selections:

outcomes - easy, pilot never dies
invincible - on
rear guns - less accurate

You can also set main guns to less accurate but that will affect your plane too (assuming you're in a fighter).

Last edited by hoongadoonga; 10/22/18 07:47 PM.
#4444886 - 10/22/18 08:03 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Nowi here with many kills and along career suggests he is not "getting shot up immediately" so maybe you need to hone some skills take some advice as hoonga says wink

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4444795/my-best-entente-career-yet#Post4444795

HITR is no longer available - released around 2009!

We still hold the copyright so file sharing is not allowed or legal.

Last edited by Polovski; 10/22/18 08:05 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4444913 - 10/22/18 11:37 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Pawgy]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Pawgy

See the attached JPG pic of WOFF UE Workshop where you can set it so that you cannot be shot down.

Attached Files WOFF UE Invincible.jpg

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4444915 - 10/22/18 11:48 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Nowi Offline
Nowi  Offline

Florida
My approach is to focus on days, and surviving. I used to focus on kills, or getting through a period until I get that next new crate.

I would think that’s actually fairly realistic. The medal hunters—Bruno Stachel, being the classic example, end up dead.

As I’ve posted, in a sim that lasts for over 1000 days, in which you fly once or twice a day, if you survive you will gain medals, promotions, and kills.

This isn’t Red Baron!

Nowi
#4445306 - 10/25/18 08:17 AM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
CCIP Offline
CCIP  Offline

Yikes! Sorry, I just find it a bit funny to have AI pointed out as a problem to playability in WOFF, considering it's probably the only single-player WWI/II sim that I find fully satisfying in that regard, because its AI is neither superhuman nor suicidal. I'm not sure how it was with HitR, but in UE I don't have trouble calling it the best AI in a traditional flight sim, bar none. I would agree that if you're getting shot up too much, the problem is more likely tactics and being too impatient and greedy for kills.

I would also have to scoff a little at the idea of WOFF as "wasting money", since between its price point and the amount of content it includes, it's kind of the antithesis of wasting money, considering the sheer number of aircraft, features, etc. that's included.

If you're having trim problems, I feel bad for you son
I got ninety-nine problems, but my pitch ain't one...
#4445330 - 10/25/18 01:28 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
Nowi Offline
Nowi  Offline

Florida
I agree about the WOFF AI. I haven't played every flight sim in the world, but I consider the WOFF AI the best among the many that I have played going back to JET in the mid-1980s. As CCIP says, it is aggressive, it can be deadly, but at some point, like human pilots, it does break off and go away.

Moreover, all the pilots are not the same. They are roookies, they are veterans, and they are aces, and they behave differently. Flying Entente, my biggest dread is taking on those damned Rolands. If you get damaged and break off, those buggers come after you!

As for price, well, what can I say. Nominally, WOFF is inexpensive, but, #%&*$#, after I shelled out my $30, then the real costs started piling up. My graphics card was slow. $800! I needed more memory. $300. I needed SSD drives to get it to load faster. $500. I needed TRackIr. $150. And then, damnit, I needed a GSYNC monitor to get the most out of my graphics card. There goes another $900. Bottom line? WOFF cost me almost $3 large!

All that said, I do not feel as if the money has been wasted. After I finish breakfast, I load up WOFF, start a sortie at my base, take off with the rising sun and cruise over the front truly immersed in the cockpit of my, currently, Nieuport 17, soaking in the sights and sounds (7.1 headphones) from a 35", curved monitor, armed with TrackIr. It's one step from a VR headset, with the ability to still use the keyboard and check my email on my phone during uneventful sorties.

I love this sim.

Nowi

Attached Files CFS3 2018-10-19 06-30-20-65.jpg

Nowi
#4445337 - 10/25/18 01:57 PM Re: OFF Hat in the Ring [Re: Paroni]  
rtoolooze262 Offline
rtoolooze262  Offline

Mo. USA
I tell ya, I'm almost finished reading "Enduring Courage-John Ross" about the life of Eddie Rickenbacker. What an amazing read! Obviously that makes me want to join up with 94th Aero Squadron. Its cool seeing al those Historical Aces I've been reading about in the sim! In the 8 missions I've completed, I've shot down a balloon, (not confirmed) Been shot up and forced to land in a field and up against a fence, (thank you new patch!) and spend 22 days in the hospital, transfer to a new base near Toul, only to get pounced on as we were in our decent to land, and in the melee managed to get my first confirmed kill, then next mission getting jumped by 2 enemy ace pilots who chased me back to the airfield. When landing, a bomb blew up next to my plane but I was unharmed. While reporting in, I learned of my confirmed kill! But also learned that Fairchild, my wingman, was killed in action. I'm still alive, and can't wait to get back up in the air over the front! The AI is fantastic and second to none! Thanks OBD

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans