Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4431148 - 07/20/18 03:17 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I should like to clarify that the screenshots look great. It's clear that their DX11 Digital Warfare engine can render some very nice results and I am, in fact, glad to see that WWI development continues on other fronts - just as I figure it will one day continue from OBD. The Digital Warfare engine is also a 64 bit engine which helps improve performance significantly - if for no other reason than not being constrained by 32 bit memory addressing limitations. I hope it gets fleshed out enough that it succeeds.

At any rate, I hope Trooper and the others who have early access are really enjoying it. I know I am enjoying WOTR and its still in BETA. wink

Last edited by Hellshade; 07/20/18 03:23 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4431149 - 07/20/18 03:20 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

My 2p worth..FC at this moment doesn't interest me I fly ROF at least once a week (SP) and enjoy but my ww1 fix that pulls me back every time is WOFF. It,s THE WW1 experience that for the moment is untouchable. That and also the fact that I've been bit by preordering before..never ever again will I preorder anything. If when completed FC appeals to me then il certainly take a closer look,but my gut feeling at this time is it won't..I don't even think there's going to be a career mode implemented into it or am I mistaken?

I am enjoying BOS/BOM at the moment..I really do appreciate the " feeling" of flight that 1C/777 offer in their sims. I take the Ju 52 along the valleys and enjoy it immensely. The implementation of a career mode is fairly well done and of course Pats PWCG continues to amaze. Some work on the A.i in my opinion and it could be a really good sim.

Saying that I'm absolutely itching to see what OBD come up with in W.O.T.R..a great campaign system with great A.i. Historically accurate craft and markings I'm so ready for this.

It's really not to bad a time to be a fan of sims,and il continue to support both 1C and OBD,but only if I myself personally am interested in the product that may sound a bit selfish but with a wife,mortgage and 2 teenagers I have to be at times.
Best Regards to all
Fly safe

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4431155 - 07/20/18 04:06 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
It is a sad day. nope I don't think I have ever seen a partially negative, purely speculative discussion in the WOFF UE forum about another flight sim until now. sigh itsabeta Dutch, Trooper, no offense but some of this thread is like "fake news". rolleyes I really hate that term, but it applies. banghead Call me stupid, screwy but I don't see any other WWI sims in the works??? pitchafit One question to all who won't purchase FC because they owned ROF(I owned everything plus gifted somethumbsup). If WOFF UE was released as WOFF UE 2 with DX11, a modified engine and VR support, would you pay 54.99$-69.99$ to fly in it? popcorn I would. yep In the mean time, Dutch, Trooper and any others that have FC, I am having fun right now winkngrin with FC in its infancy! whoohoo I still Love WOFF UE yep yep yep and I hope that it has some future surprises thumbsup that I can pay for, if needed, and experience, but FC is here now(well sort of) wacky and I am going to support 1C(unless they do something stupid cuss ) and hope they have enough success biggrin to really flesh out FC like OBD has done with WOFF UE, and hopefully soon will do with WOTR. yep winkngrin No attitude is attached to this post, it is IMHO only. butt burnout

S!Blade<><

P.S. On a seperate note, I would like to thank the Academy for allowing me to use my monthly quota of animated emojis in one thread. I couldn't have done it without support from my Family, friends and Dutch for starting this thread. Thanks to all of you.
neaner bananadance right boom charge duh hahaha woot duel skyisfalling soapbox duck cat blahblahblah bs_sign boing dancinfools cuss2 lawncareby20mm matrix spam_can partything clapping rant-on-off

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#4431164 - 07/20/18 05:26 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
OK but still NO GO nope

#4431166 - 07/20/18 05:43 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Blade, the fair question would be is "If WOFF UE 2.0 had a DX11 engine but lost all of it's planes except 10 and lost it's entire single player campaign, would I pay $70 for it?"

Everyone has to answer that question for themselves. There's no wrong answer. It's just where each persons priorities and budget are. Some absolutely would and some would not. Neother are "wrong."

And you win for most emojis. smile

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4431173 - 07/20/18 06:32 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

As per usual it starts getting out of hand, we are all aware of FC now so closing this thread.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM