Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4430910 - 07/18/18 06:31 PM OT pre-order flying circus is now open  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
For all the WW1 fans
It is open for pre-ordering, see PRE-ORDER

Do not forget to use your extra discount you will recieve from 777, when doing the FC preorder and did buy RoF ad-ons.

Last edited by dutch; 07/18/18 06:35 PM.
#4430960 - 07/19/18 02:36 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
yaan98 Offline
yaan98  Offline

Purchased. WW1 in VR is my dream of a game. Forget combat, just to fly around is enough. Stand to look above your wing or stretch your head in any direction is surreal. I will not have time to play or tweak WOFF.

#4430990 - 07/19/18 11:18 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I suspect you will... there is not a great deal you can do with it at the moment...

#4430996 - 07/19/18 12:05 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I sincerely hope it will be a good start to fleshing out the sim they started but...in my opinion...never really finished. Certainly it will have an excellent engine to be built upon so the potential is there and it's nice to see development in WWI flight simulators continuing.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4431004 - 07/19/18 01:45 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: Hellshade]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Originally Posted by Hellshade
I sincerely hope it will be a good start to fleshing out the sim they started but...in my opinion...never really finished. Certainly it will have an excellent engine to be built upon so the potential is there and it's nice to see development in WWI flight simulators continuing.

I agree with your sentiment but don't expect to use any of my WOTR savings on Flying Circus. Up until 2014 I was a ROF diehard, but then I found that WOFF was the immersive experience I'd been searching for and never went back. The excellent graphic improvements since WOFF UE and the wonderful community here have made the divorce from ROF official, and no amount of eye candy can entice he back.

#4431023 - 07/19/18 06:17 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
4L0M Offline
4L0M  Offline

Weymouth, UK
Pay £54 for 10 planes you already bought previously, placed into a game engine you already bought previously....... Yeah, no thanks.

I7 4770k@4.6ghz WC H80i
Asus Maximus Hero VII
Corsair 1000w rm1000 psu
16gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical@2100
Creative zx soundcard
2 x MSI 970 GTX SLI
55" Sony Bravia 4k HDR
Corsiar 760t
#4431026 - 07/19/18 06:33 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Only 54,- , if counting the complete investments from OFF3 to WoFFue and the complete RoF store incl the separate Sikorsky game. Yep, I know I'm a big fool when it becomes to WW1, please do not tell my wife santa

Back to FC; Interestings aspect is you will recieve the Spad and the Dr1 after the pre-order, only not the right terrain. Included is my first kill a Ju52 bananadance

Attached Files hangar.jpgfirst victory.jpg
Last edited by dutch; 07/19/18 06:46 PM.
#4431032 - 07/19/18 07:11 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: Raine]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by Raine

I agree with your sentiment but don't expect to use any of my WOTR savings on Flying Circus. Up until 2014 I was a ROF diehard, but then I found that WOFF was the immersive experience I'd been searching for and never went back. The excellent graphic improvements since WOFF UE and the wonderful community here have made the divorce from ROF official, and no amount of eye candy can entice he back.

I did play the Spad FC plane in the Moscou map and yep nothing can beat flying WoFF immerse campaign. Only I think I have to post this for all the WW1 flysim fans.

Last edited by dutch; 07/19/18 07:12 PM.
#4431034 - 07/19/18 07:47 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: 4L0M]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by 4L0M
Pay £54 for 10 planes you already bought previously, placed into a game engine you already bought previously....... Yeah, no thanks.

+1

#4431039 - 07/19/18 08:32 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: JJJ65]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by JJJ65
Originally Posted by 4L0M

+1

It really doesn't sound very attractive a deal, does it? But it raises an interesting question; one I've wondered about for some time: How long, once FC is out, does anyone suppose RoF will continue to actually work? Not for nothing, but it occurred to me they could pull a Microsoft, and basically force people to upgrade by just shutting RoF down. Of course, many might bail altogether, but I doubt they'd care.

Just wondering.

#4431052 - 07/19/18 09:21 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

My new Spad looks pretty good...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#4431053 - 07/19/18 09:22 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
devere Offline
devere  Offline

Really could not care less if they pull the plug on RoF. Have not had it installed since the beginnning of 2015. And I had pretty much everything they had released, weapon packs field mods etc.

And now they want £54 quid out of the gate, but it will give me even less content?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can appreciate your original sentiment, but I think a little less provocative wording would have been better - text deleted.

Last edited by Sandbagger; 07/20/18 12:05 PM. Reason: deletion of text
#4431055 - 07/19/18 09:33 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: devere]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by devere
Really could not care less if they pull the plug on RoF. Have not had it installed since the beginnning of 2015. And I had pretty much everything they had released, weapon packs field mods etc.

And now they want £54 quid out of the gate, but it will give me even less content?

Right. I'm sure many will agree with your perspective.

I guess my question, though, was more about what people thought the likelihood was that they'd kill RoF just to make sure (if you were actually interested in a WWI product from them) you had to move to FC (and yes, thereby incur the inherent costs associated).

Last edited by Sandbagger; 07/20/18 12:05 PM. Reason: text deleted
#4431063 - 07/19/18 10:17 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: kksnowbear]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
I guess my question, though, was more about what people thought the likelihood was that they'd kill RoF just to make sure (if you were actually interested in a WWI product from them) you had to move to FC (and yes, thereby incur the inherent costs associated).

Every product stops getting developed at some point, of course, and while it can be upsetting, people generally accept that as a fact of life (mostly). However, pulling the plug on the server so that your old product no longer works at all simply to force your previous customers to spend more money on your new product only to give them way less content than they had with your old sim would seem like a surefire way to lose all your previous customers than actually convert them. That said, they will do what they will do and it's all just speculation on our end.

Last edited by Hellshade; 07/19/18 10:20 PM.

#4431080 - 07/20/18 01:19 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: Hellshade]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Every product stops getting developed at some point, of course, and while it can be upsetting, people generally accept that as a fact of life (mostly). However, pulling the plug on the server so that your old product no longer works at all simply to force your previous customers to spend more money on your new product only to give them way less content than they had with your old sim would seem like a surefire way to lose all your previous customers than actually convert them. That said, they will do what they will do and it's all just speculation on our end.

Ok, let's try this a different way...would you, or would you not, be surprised if that were to happen?

BTW I should say that, for myself, I don't think I'd be surprised - your points notwithstanding. Of course, there'd be the obligatory language about "spiritual successors" and what have you, and of course, mention that every product stops getting developed...

Last edited by kksnowbear; 07/20/18 01:32 AM.
#4431086 - 07/20/18 02:03 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade

Florida
I would be surprised if it happens anytime soon. Again, ceasing to allow customers to use your old product before you have a real product to replace it with just doesn't make much sense to me. There's a difference between a product that stops being developed (for RoF that was already years ago) and a product that stops being able to be used because the servers are shut down.

#4431091 - 07/20/18 02:35 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: Hellshade]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Again, ceasing to allow customers to use your old product before you have a real product to replace it with just doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps I wasn't clear...but I didn't actually say it would be "before" FC. After all, FC is already available, at least as 'early access'. So, to me, it looks more like a matter of time, really. The question of whether FC is a "real" replacement product, I imagine, won't be up for debate.

And it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: In retrospect, maybe I should have just asked what people thought would be the "period of overlap" between the intro of FC and the end of RoF. Myself, I wouldnt be surprised if its less than a year - maybe 6 months.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 07/20/18 02:42 AM.
#4431108 - 07/20/18 08:09 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
For every WW1 flysim fan it is great that there is something new going on, in this very small WW1 flysim world. Admit we all were thinking it was stopped. A big thanks for all the WW1 flysim developers like OBD and 777 to keep that part of flying, alive.

Think WW1 gamers that use to play RoF/WoFF, mostly do not care about servers and if wanting to play on mp, they will notice: the servers are empty. So yep if the mp servers do shut down and that will eventually happen, just like happen to OFF3 mp, it will be a game without mp and does have impact on only a few mp players. Also I think it is not that difficult to make RoF online career mode pure offline, [who cares about the published score listings its showing] so we can play RoF without the internet. So 1c can pull out the plug but the game still can be played, problem fixed.

note: Right now I keep a close watch to the next gen. Pimax/StarVR/S.Odyssey VR sets. Only higher VR resolution means I have to exchange my i7-7700k 4core to an future i7-9700k 6/8core and a GTX1180ti oeps do not tell this to my wife RTFM

Last edited by dutch; 07/20/18 09:47 AM.
#4431122 - 07/20/18 11:02 AM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: kksnowbear]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade

Florida
Perhaps I wasn't clear...but I didn't actually say it would be "before" FC. After all, FC is already available, at least as 'early access'. So, to me, it looks more like a matter of time, really. The question of whether FC is a "real" replacement product, I imagine, won't be up for debate.

And it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: In retrospect, maybe I should have just asked what people thought would be the "period of overlap" between the intro of FC and the end of RoF. Myself, I wouldnt be surprised if its less than a year - maybe 6 months.

What's clear to me is that even when FC does officially ship, it's only step forward will be in graphics and performance due to the DX11 and Digital Warfare engine. Everything else, literally, will be less than the old RoF sim. Fewer planes, fewer maps, no single player. Before or after it ships doesn't much matter.

#4431135 - 07/20/18 01:12 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: devere]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted by devere

in two years maybe they will have single player just like when ROF started out.

Or wait for the the first big sail...thats what I'd do

Last edited by lederhosen; 07/20/18 01:13 PM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4431148 - 07/20/18 03:17 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade

Florida
I should like to clarify that the screenshots look great. It's clear that their DX11 Digital Warfare engine can render some very nice results and I am, in fact, glad to see that WWI development continues on other fronts - just as I figure it will one day continue from OBD. The Digital Warfare engine is also a 64 bit engine which helps improve performance significantly - if for no other reason than not being constrained by 32 bit memory addressing limitations. I hope it gets fleshed out enough that it succeeds.

At any rate, I hope Trooper and the others who have early access are really enjoying it. I know I am enjoying WOTR and its still in BETA. wink

Last edited by Hellshade; 07/20/18 03:23 PM.

#4431149 - 07/20/18 03:20 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

My 2p worth..FC at this moment doesn't interest me I fly ROF at least once a week (SP) and enjoy but my ww1 fix that pulls me back every time is WOFF. It,s THE WW1 experience that for the moment is untouchable. That and also the fact that I've been bit by preordering before..never ever again will I preorder anything. If when completed FC appeals to me then il certainly take a closer look,but my gut feeling at this time is it won't..I don't even think there's going to be a career mode implemented into it or am I mistaken?

I am enjoying BOS/BOM at the moment..I really do appreciate the " feeling" of flight that 1C/777 offer in their sims. I take the Ju 52 along the valleys and enjoy it immensely. The implementation of a career mode is fairly well done and of course Pats PWCG continues to amaze. Some work on the A.i in my opinion and it could be a really good sim.

Saying that I'm absolutely itching to see what OBD come up with in W.O.T.R..a great campaign system with great A.i. Historically accurate craft and markings I'm so ready for this.

It's really not to bad a time to be a fan of sims,and il continue to support both 1C and OBD,but only if I myself personally am interested in the product that may sound a bit selfish but with a wife,mortgage and 2 teenagers I have to be at times.
Best Regards to all
Fly safe

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4431155 - 07/20/18 04:06 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
It is a sad day. nope I don't think I have ever seen a partially negative, purely speculative discussion in the WOFF UE forum about another flight sim until now. sigh itsabeta Dutch, Trooper, no offense but some of this thread is like "fake news". rolleyes I really hate that term, but it applies. banghead Call me stupid, screwy but I don't see any other WWI sims in the works??? pitchafit One question to all who won't purchase FC because they owned ROF(I owned everything plus gifted somethumbsup). If WOFF UE was released as WOFF UE 2 with DX11, a modified engine and VR support, would you pay 54.99$-69.99$ to fly in it? popcorn I would. yep In the mean time, Dutch, Trooper and any others that have FC, I am having fun right now winkngrin with FC in its infancy! whoohoo I still Love WOFF UE yep yep yep and I hope that it has some future surprises thumbsup that I can pay for, if needed, and experience, but FC is here now(well sort of) wacky and I am going to support 1C(unless they do something stupid cuss ) and hope they have enough success biggrin to really flesh out FC like OBD has done with WOFF UE, and hopefully soon will do with WOTR. yep winkngrin No attitude is attached to this post, it is IMHO only. butt burnout

S!Blade<><

P.S. On a seperate note, I would like to thank the Academy for allowing me to use my monthly quota of animated emojis in one thread. I couldn't have done it without support from my Family, friends and Dutch for starting this thread. Thanks to all of you.
neaner bananadance right boom charge duh hahaha woot duel skyisfalling soapbox duck cat blahblahblah bs_sign boing dancinfools cuss2 lawncareby20mm matrix spam_can partything clapping rant-on-off

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#4431164 - 07/20/18 05:26 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
OK but still NO GO nope

#4431166 - 07/20/18 05:43 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade

Florida
Blade, the fair question would be is "If WOFF UE 2.0 had a DX11 engine but lost all of it's planes except 10 and lost it's entire single player campaign, would I pay $70 for it?"

Everyone has to answer that question for themselves. There's no wrong answer. It's just where each persons priorities and budget are. Some absolutely would and some would not. Neother are "wrong."

And you win for most emojis. smile

#4431173 - 07/20/18 06:32 PM Re: OT pre-order flying circus is now open [Re: dutch]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

As per usual it starts getting out of hand, we are all aware of FC now so closing this thread.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ