Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4428614 - 07/02/18 05:07 PM Newbie Confusion  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. of ...
Hi all;

I'm relatively new to the forum and wasn't sure exactly where to post this, so all I can do is hope for the best.

I joined the forum a little while back, but I haven't been able to get any flight sims for a very long time. Yesterday I finally go a copy of WOFF and set it up right away. I've run into one problem already, and I have a couple of other questions that I'll gladly repost elsewhere if need be.

Problem: I started one of the training flights and had fun riding around in the front cockpit. Unfortunately when we landed nothing happened. I couldn't figure out how to exit the scenario, and when I finally did the game crashed. I'm not sure what I did wrong and will appreciate any help I can get.

Question 1: Is it possible to run multiple campaigns, or am I stuck being French for the rest of the war (or the three weeks I survive)? I would really love to run several pilots from all sides at the same time, comparing their careers as they go.

Question 2: What is the best way to make videos? I've seen a bunch of good ones and would like to try my hand at it. Unfortunately I'm old and have a hard time figuring some of this stuff out for myself. Again, any advice at all will be appreciated.

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done
#4428615 - 07/02/18 05:15 PM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
1. Shift-Q or Ctrl-Q quits out of the mission. I can't remember at the moment. Brings up a Quit Mission? dialog box. Click Yes.

2. If you have a higher end Nvidia video card, you can use Shadowplay to record your missions to disk and there is very little impact on frame rates while doing so because it is a hardware based solution. If you don't havea higher end Nvidia card, I used the FRAPS program for a long time. It works, but it eats up a lot of disk space when recording and it can drop your Frames Per Second (FPS) a pretty good chunk during the process.

Best of luck! Hope that helps some.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4428617 - 07/02/18 05:36 PM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Welcome Steve..CTRL-Q is what quits your mission.

You can have multiple careers,you can have British,French,German and American careers all at the same time if you like..Just enlist new pilot on the main screen
Can't help with the video recording sorry. I've never done any recording. Best of luck and any questions please ask pal

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4428619 - 07/02/18 05:40 PM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
JJJ65 Online cool
JJJ65  Online Cool

Czech Rep.
1) Ctrl-Q and then Enter quits the mission.
You can enlist as many pilots as you wish and play multiple camapaigns for different units and/or sides.

Oh, guys above were faster smile .

Last edited by JJJ65; 07/02/18 05:56 PM.
#4428651 - 07/02/18 10:56 PM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Wow! That was quick.
Okay, I have all that noted, and I do appreciate it. Now I have to try another right now to see if I can get away without crashing.

I've been watching videos for so long now I can't believe I've actually started playing it.

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done
#4428652 - 07/02/18 11:05 PM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Sailor_Steve, Welcome to the forum. Not sure if you know this, but there is a key guide available for all the commands in WOFF. See this post: Key Guide

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4428670 - 07/03/18 12:30 AM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Yes, I knew about the key guide. Somehow my addled old brain didn't make the connection that it actually is a guide to what key does what. I keep hoping that some day I'll figure it out, but I have my doubts.

Anyway, I have it sorted now, and have three pilots all in training. I probably won't start the war in earnest until the TrackHat I just ordered arrives. So, a few more weeks of training and playing around with FSX and X-Plane 11.

One thing i noticed that I love: The creators know their source material and have a great sense of humor. No matter who you train with, the instructor's last name is 'Triggers'. Captain Owen Triggers was the flight instructor and later squadron commander in the 1977 BBC series 'Wings', about a young man who joins a BE.2 squadron just before the beginning of the Fokker Scourge. It's a pretty good show if you haven't seen it. Nice bit of trivia from the people who made this wondrous game.

#4428701 - 07/03/18 10:49 AM Re: Newbie Confusion [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
loftyc Offline
loftyc  Offline

also make use of the "quick Combat," not just for combat practice, but the free flight option is nice for trying different planes, or just an easy sunday morning flip.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.