Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4437058 - 09/03/18 11:23 PM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

In an attempt to remove some text from the 'Files Help Document', to shorten it and make room for future information. I made a 'Using Addons Help Document'.
Now it needs some work and of course I'll put it in.
Basically its informative, tells you how to install and uninstall stuff, alot of text but very basic as I learn more/gather more info/or info is shared

https://eaw.neocities.org/using-addons.html

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4440501 - 09/24/18 04:26 AM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I haven't worked on the EAW help site in almost a week. I think its been a week since ive done any real work on it. But I have ideas and routes to take to those ideas.
I just have to find time and motivation to continue researching and 'taking notes'. Then I can formulate either new help docs or add to existing ones.

Just letting everyone know I haven't stopped working.

Actually the last thing I did was reference some Guides and FAQs that where written early 2000 and I corrected the text and updated it for what's know for today and added that info to the Help Site docs.
I also added some mediafire files and removed some repetive files. Found a few new files, and added them to the mediafire account.

Alright well. Until next time I post. Here or at CombatAce EAW Forums.

#4440516 - 09/24/18 10:25 AM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: MarkEAW]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Hey Mark ,,Keep on rockin' The site is a life saver and always getting better

Russ
Semper Fi
#4440797 - 09/25/18 08:55 PM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: rwatson]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Originally Posted by rwatson
Hey Mark ,,Keep on rockin' The site is a life saver and always getting better

Couldn't agree more. Mark, your EAW Help Site is the fundamental and essential aid for people wanting to play the game. There is NO replacement for it. Were it to suddenly vanish, EAW would be left to the dwindling number of current players, with no new folks incoming.

I don't say this lightly, so please listen. Any one of us could be run over by a truck, or somehow die unexpectedly. I hesitate to mention this, but I hope your EAW legacy will survive you.

You have made a monumental contribution to the Game, and the Community. For everyone's sake, I hope you have taken measures to ensure your Help site continues into perpetuity.

There are other Modders and game developers here, and I recognize the value of your contributions. May I suggest you also consider perpetuating your contributions, in some readily accessible form?

None of us are getting any younger, dammit.

Submitted for your consideration, RIBob

#4440806 - 09/25/18 10:03 PM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: MarkEAW]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Saving and sharing our work used to be done through the Talley-ho site but those of us who have converted to the latest EAW series have all our work available to the community through whatever is the latest full version of 1.6.

Unfortunately, the work isn't cataloged the way it is on Mark's site or Talley-ho. You have to be able to go into the various scenarios and plane inventories to get what you want.

The thing is, at this point cataloging everything would be a massive undertaking. However, as long as 1.6 is available for download, there's no concern that our work would die with us.

BTW, none of this means that Talley-ho isn't useful. To this day I return to that site for models for upgrade.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4446317 - 10/31/18 12:08 PM Re: EAWHS Updates and Stuff [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Thanks RIBob, I just seen your post, sorry. lol. You to Russ
The site and archive are constantly backed up and the site web pages in the new design is saved by neocities. Mediafire has the archived backed up on several servers.
I may move the files to a FTP type server rather than mediafire. But the site itself remains where it is, I have 1gig of space where it is and I may place some special files on it.

Minor Updates to my site.
EAWPRO help doc
Install help doc
Troublshoot help doc
CodeGroups Patchs help doc too
many other help docs had touch ups.

Some of these updates are based on the recent issues for the game and recent additions that where made..

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.