A campaign to play with the 688i and Seawolf in the cold war setting against the soviet monsters.

The backstory is not changed, 2 or 3 times later I just spacebar thru them anyway. So this is only a txt edit:

1) Adds SSBN_wolfpack missions. Basically they're replicas of the final mission but to make SSBN hunting more common. Also adds the SSBN atlantic breakout mission from the 68 campaign but changes it to SSGNs.

2) More modern soviet subs. Subs in missions are upgraded 1 tier. e.g. Sierra becomes an akula, alfa becomes a victor3, kilo becomes the kilo improved, whiskey becomes a romeo, and so forth. Plus the Yasen is included in all the SSGN missions and the akula has chance to appear if any capital ship (kiev/moskva/kirov) could. Juliet and november will no longer show up.

3) More chance to encounter capital ships. Kiev/Moskva/Kirov is more likely to appear in missions. Plus the carriers could show up in random asw patrols.

4) Small changes: Strategic map time compression halved. Strategic points and event intervals timed 1.5 to lengthen the campaign. Random patrols gets a small strategic point value.

Statistically, upon a new campaign mission, there is roughly about (calculated using mission chances):
5% chance of encountering the Yasen;
15% chance of encountering the Akula;
10% chance of encountering the Kiev;
10% chance of encountering the Moskva;
12% chance of encountering the Kirov;

If playing an unmodded 688i be prepared to perform some superman style dodging as the Yasen and Akula could get the first shot off with missile torps before they're detected at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0v2mcv2o2x1tpw/North+Atlantic+2000_2.rar

Last edited by Schwalbe; 06/06/18 11:45 AM.