Hop To
#4423219 - 05/29/18 03:23 AM Hey File Manager  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
You've taken something that doesn't belong to you and it's stopping progress in the EAW world. Besides that it's not very civilised to take other people's work without the creator's conscent. I'd like to get back to work but your actions prevent me from having fun in modding. I know you have this game's best interest in mind but believe me this will get you nowhere and only add to your already tainted reputation. It's not so much that you don't work too well and are very cumbersome to handle but more that what you have isn't going to make things any better.

Perhaps you'd like to come to some agreement but I don't make deals when it comes to creations which are rightfully mine, especially when they took over 15 years to make. I've tried to call out your name but I guess the grandeur is covering your ears. That's not a problem for me though because we can also communicate like this, as adults who understand the difference between ''yours'' and ''mine''. Surely you must understand that difference, it's what our parents tought us when we were still kids, remember?

So I'd appreciate it if you would consider this under the same rules we both learned when we were still young, what's ''mine'' isn't ''yours'' or ''anyone elses'' and what's ''yours'' isn't ''mine''. or ''anyone elses either''. Now I don't want anything that's ''yours'', I only want what's ''mine'', so I'd appreciate it if you would take your foot off my sandcastle and give me back my life!

VonBeerhofen

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4423229 - 05/29/18 05:59 AM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
All of this makes no sense to me, but I will respond factually.

In a recent locked thread you made a number of unsustainable allegations against me, every one of which I refuted.

1. I'm sure it makes a lot of sense to you, but you seem to be missing the point that the original DAW map looks much nicer then what you show. That original map was also workable, took a long time to create, draw each road, river and anything usefull that can serve as a landmark, and you simply destroyed it.

I did not destroy any map:

2. When you offered the EAWPRO download, not very long ago in this forum, you mentioned in this forum that the first thing you did was to remove the pilotmap and replace it with your own.

Not true, but I offered an alternative map in a G- folder for OAW users

3. That is an edited post Mr. Jelly, the original post stated that the first thing you did was to replace the pilotmap with your own and no further explanations why you did that. I'm not in the habbit of rereading posts just for the sake that they may have been altered afterwards.

It was not an edited post.

4. Then you give some vague explanation about why you changed the pilotmap I worked so hard on

I did not change any maps.

5. You're going to have way more problems with my work Mr. Jelly, I promise and I can guarantee that what you offer is not what I created.

What I offered is exactly your creation, plus a few optional additions like a fix for the Spit IX hangar sprite and alternatives such as the ETO map and frontline

6. You could fool others (STEAM) who wanted your version, so instead you gave them mine

I did not. What I gave them was a 1.2X from the original code, but it needed the d3d windower and they did not want to use it, so they gave up.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My releases of your work:

After Hector got a copy of the FXExe, and happily found that none of the Code Group's code had been in it the only person who got a copy was MarkEAW.
It was never offered publicly, and there was no threat of any kind to your work.

Then you announced a public release of the FXEe, even though there was no need to.
I thought that what you offered was a mess (although I accept your rationale for the format), so as you had offered a public release I produced a tidier version in OAW format for OAW users, and hosted it.
You objected, so I withdrew the download

Similar things happened recently with your "EAWPro", and I interpreted your response to my asking your permission as an "OK".

[Linked Image]

I took what you wrote ("I have no problem with you hosting my work") literally, but apparently it was a sarcastic "No".
As a result of receiving that information the OAW version was deleted, along with the posts containing links to it.

In my point of view offering your work (which was already in the public domain by the very nature of its release) in OAW format so that OAW users can use it, is not stealing it, and if anything it is extending the access that people have to your work.

How all of this can affect your modding and destroy your life is beyond me.
As I indicated none of your work is available from my site

Previous versions

This is an old FXExe currently available from your page at Sandbagger's

[Linked Image]

Obviously it is an old version, but if anyone downloads it, they get a zipfile containing the installation that is set-up for OAW
A lot of your stuff there is set-up for OAW, but none of your current work is, and for some inexplicable reason you do not want it to be.
You could offer users the option of your current version, or the OAW version, a bit like the 1.29 and later exes coming in the "oldmap" and "newmap" formats.

Last edited by MrJelly; 05/29/18 08:06 AM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4423282 - 05/29/18 01:30 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Can't wriggle your way out of this one File Manager, too much evidence against you. I'm not seeking another useless discussion, Sandbagger won't allow that, I'm seeking justice and I want you to give me my life back, period. Remove my work from your server!

VonBeerhofen

#4423284 - 05/29/18 01:35 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

too much evidence against you

Balderdash frown

Show me the evidence because there is none of your work on my server.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4423285 - 05/29/18 01:44 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I said ''REMOVE MY WORK FROM YOUR SERVER!''

VonBeerhofen

#4423286 - 05/29/18 01:52 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I cannot remove what is not there. Show me the evidence that there is. The link is in my signature so check,it out. You will find a couple of folders still there, but none of your files are in them. One has a heap of screenies, and the other has the OAW runtimes.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4423288 - 05/29/18 02:02 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I checked before I went to sleep File Manager and it was still there, there are others who can verify that. If it's now removed then I'm happy but I will keep an eye on ANY attempt to incorporate my work into ANY work of yours. Should I find ANY evidence of that I will once again tell the world what File Managers are all about. Now have a nice day File Manager and thank you for your cooperation.

VonBeerhofen

#4423291 - 05/29/18 02:08 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

there are others who can verify that.

What was still there?

Evidence please, and let's have the verification smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4423307 - 05/29/18 04:42 PM Re: Hey File Manager [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Whoever is right or wrong, these threads are becoming tedious - locked AGAIN!!

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.