Hop To
#4422537 - 05/24/18 11:53 PM nightcrawlers of Fresno  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
/well......now i know why all the dogs i owned always barked at that same tree at night viciously and hurried to get my attention to it.

]

https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_...0&fm=jpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

edit : Teihiihan: The Little Cannibals

Among the most dreaded figures in Cheyenne and Arapaho legends (and more), these savage humanoids may be child-sized, but they’re incredibly strong, and often attack in large numbers. According to some myths, the Teihiihan were fearsome warriors in a previous life, resurrected as dwarves after dying in battle. Most of those tales say they were finally wiped out by an alliance of several tribes.

you know reading this, it sounds a lot like the description given by natives Tupis from my country of the caiporas and most definitely curipiras,who are said to be guardians of the forest and have feet backwards and are associated with a child or dwarf figure and they often attacked and killed the natives, or lured them into the jungle by confusing them with knocking sounds on the trees and whistles so they got lost from their path. common folklore say they enjoy tobacco and alchool drinks that they offered as an apeasement.

edit 2 : Although benign races of small magical creatures exist in many Native American tribes, the Little People of the Arapahos and neighboring tribes-- also known as Cannibal Dwarves or Enemy Dwarves-- are dangerous man-eaters and particular enemies of the Arapaho tribe. Their Arapaho name, Hecesiiteihii, literally means "little people." ("Teihiihan" comes from the Arapaho word for "strong"-- Arapaho dwarves are said to have superhuman strength.) In some texts they are referred to as "Nimerigar" instead, which is a name borrowed from the neighboring Shoshone tribe (who had similar legends about ferocious little people.) Descriptions of the cannibal dwarves vary somewhat from community to community, but they are usually said to be the size of children, dark-skinned, and extremely aggressive. Some storytellers say that they had the power to turn themselves invisible, while others say they were hard to spot simply because they moved with incredible speed. Some suggest that the dwarves' warlike temperament comes because they must be killed in battle to reach the dwarf afterworld. Others believe that they were gluttons who habitually killed more than they could eat just because they could. According to most versions of the story, the race of cannibal dwarves was destroyed in an ancient war with the Arapahos and other allied Native American tribes.

dark skin ,child stature,agressive turns invisible and moves really fast ? definitely fit the caipora and saci legends from tupis natives in brazil...hmmmmmm there is something there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurupi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saci_(Brazilian_folklore)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curupira

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 05/25/18 12:48 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4422725 - 05/26/18 02:17 AM Re: nightcrawlers of Fresno [Re: Blade_RJ]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
I've seen some odd things in life. Blue glow at 1 am that covered the sky from east horizon to west. At my latitude, the aurora is rare but I'm sure that's what it was. Saw a glowing white ball in my parent's basement maybe a foot diameter. Ball lightning as near as anyone can figure. I watched it bounce down the street and into the yard and in a window. Dissipated almost instantly. We needed a new washing machine after. That'll scare a kid! I've had sleep paralysis twice; and my dreams are 100% like reality anyway, so that's a terror.

But 30 years ago, as a kid, I pulled off a similar prank to these Fresno Nightcawlers and it scared the living bejabbers out of my victims: my friends, the neighbors, who claimed they saw a ghost.. Well, as a kid fully willing to torture his friends, it was challenge accepted.

Ain't hard to pull off. Heavy fishing line, a NERF football for a head, some sticks, an old gray sweatshirt, a convenient tree and a little practice tugging on the line in rhythm.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.