Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#4421791 - 05/20/18 10:28 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Finished the campaign and it's awesome! Interesting to be fighting over a small, insignificant area of space, not like the vast realms of Davion or Steiner territory in the other games. I would love to have campaign DLCs for this game where I can continue on, and go do a new storyline with my guys. None of them are maxxed out and my character just hit 10 Piloting just before the last mission, but that's it.

Some additions to my stable but all of this is rendered annoying because of the lack of ability to move mech around different bays.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was so cool to finally get a Catapult with LRMs but it can only fit LRM 15s and I didn't have good enough LRM 20s to put into it plus I didn't want to lose armor and by this point, I had bigger, badder mechs that could mount LRM 20s and could take more punishment, so the CPLT-C1 never really saw much battle. The BattleMaster became part of my regular lance -- my Atlas, the Highlander, the BattleMaster, then the King Crab. The BattleMaster essentially became the heavy scout mech! smile

A few spoilers:

My lance on the final mission. By this point, my Atlas or King Crab could well core out an enemy mech -- just precision strike the CT and if it's not taken out, the enemy mech would be so unstable that a shot from an SRM 6 could topple it, after that, called shots to CT and it's dead. The final mission and the showdown between Kamea and Victoria were not much of a challenge at all; I could take out a mech or two each turn and in the end, I was playing with Victoria as I thought I could salvage what appeared to be a SLDF King Crab that she was piloting. frown No such luck.

[Linked Image]

A gift for my services biggrin So much for not getting that SLDF King Crab! Interesting how inefficient it is even with dual HS, the ERLLs pack that much heat? Doesn't seem to tally with what I know of the TT version, but I guess this has something to do with how the game version calculates heat and such. I'm still wanting a simple readout of a mech's W/R/J stats as well as heat generated and dissipation ability per turn. My boys and I may just revisit our merc campaign one of these days!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Interestingly enough, the game continues on after the end of the campaign. I might explore this a little bit and see if I can max out my guys and train up some newbies as well. For some reason, I've not connected to my pilots as much as I did back in MechCommander games, maybe because I found the skill progression system rather confusing, like I would give one pilot a -1 recoil penalty upgrade but I won't remember which one it is and probably put that pilot on a laser boat. Same thing for giving someone a +15 heat threshold, then put that pilot in an AC20 mech frown I've got the urge now to fire up MechCommander and re-live the old games to see if I'm just remembering them through rose-tinted glasses.

- Ice
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4421815 - 05/21/18 01:03 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Week 70?! I hink I’m 3 years in at least. LOL
I like seeing the planets, so it’s slowed me down getting to more assaults. On the bright side, the ship is done, short the last training module I don’t care much about. The crew is on +1 for morale. Those precision shots are crucial.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4421976 - 05/21/18 07:14 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Running into some bugs. I have had two very badly timed crashes this week, both right after finishing difficult missions and right after taking my salvage and BAM!, CTD, latest today.

Also my Medusa character now has permanent high spirits, it's been stuck on 0 days left for a week now. Also, have had a couple kill missions where the key mech never appears, but I finish it anyway.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4421983 - 05/21/18 07:31 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Can you guys give me a screenshot of a fully-upgraded Argo please?

RK, how do you like to do your precision shots? For mechs I don't care about, I just CT them, for those I want, I do my stability trick. My son likes to take out one leg with a precision shot, then called shots to the other leg.

There's quite a few graphical bugs in the game, most notably how it would seem to hiccup a little bit and my units would teleport to where they're going instead of a smooth move animation. Still playable though. They should do something about the load times though, and would be good to be able to rename saves.

I like doing the story missions as soon as they come up. I think I only did an extra mission twice before going to the story mission. I like to think my presence is needed ASAP, after all, this is a campaign to reclaim Kamea's throne and the time it takes to travel alone is a very long time! I think it should even be longer; doesn't the lore say that jumpships needed a week to recharge their jump drives? And jumpships that can do two jump consecutively were rare? In the game, it only takes a day or two between jumps!

- Ice
#4422030 - 05/21/18 11:55 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I've had 2 BSOD lockups, but I don't know if it's the game or just coincidence.
Sometimes that Argo upgrades screen will stay up and superimpose on the lance launch screen. No big deal, just go to another area and back and it's fine.

I'm the same. I CT anything I don't want, or if I don't have time to work on it much under pressure.
For something I really want, 2 mechs will have LRM's and possibly PPC's. I hit with the LRM's first, those mechs are mainly to knock them over. 2 mechs go to one side, 2 to the other in case I don't have precise shot ready yet, firing from the side is more likely to hit a single leg than from the front/back.
2 take out the left, 2 take out the right.
I don't usually bother with headshots, they just don't seem to come very often for me...unless I'm receiving.

Attached Files 20180521162221_1.jpg20180521162205_1.jpg20180521162716_1.jpg5-21-2018-6.54.21 PM.jpg20180521162035_1.jpg

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4422050 - 05/22/18 02:16 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
no crashes here ( yet? ). 106+ hours so far. load times are pretty slow but tolerable. i was getting some mouse glitching on the weapon list in mechbay once in a while, until i realized it was reading the "mouse roller" on my X-65F HOTAS - a little bit of fiddling and that's gone

biggest glitch i've seen so far is that the mission guy announces reinforcements coming after you have already crushed them. also seems like i'm fighting a TON of Griffins and Thunderbolts, like ALL THE TIME. no big deal i guess, leg them and move on... but a bit more variety would be nice

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4422064 - 05/22/18 04:00 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I get the reinforcements thing too. A lot.
Same on the repetitive mech advesaries. Good for building to sell frequently, but could be more interesting if there was more variety.
I hope we get more stories to play out to extend the campaign once they get the patches out.

#4422078 - 05/22/18 10:27 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Kinda sucks we sell a whole mech for what partials sell for.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4422298 - 05/23/18 07:21 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Week 252! Wow! biggrin biggrin

Thanks for the pics! It would've been nice to know the full extent of Argo's upgrades so I could've planned better but oh well! RK, why are you not finishing the story yet?

BTW, I usually remove a chunk of my savegames, just relocate them onto a different folder and I did notice my load times got better.

- Ice
#4422312 - 05/23/18 08:44 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
The uber unrealistic vehicles like the Shreck dual ppc jeep winkngrin and the demolisher with dual ac 20's have got to go.

The SRM spammer I thought ridiculous enough until I ran into those two. Lame attempt at play balance?

Still, overall, it's a great and very fun diversion.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4422321 - 05/23/18 09:14 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I'm not very familiar with the vehicles but yeah, I thought it was weird that the Shreck had three PPCs, I thought it only had two? IIRC, on the TT version tanks did not track heat either frown

Late in the game (well, late for me! smile ), I didn't really get hurt by these tanks. My nemesis was either stupid head hits from LRM5s/SRM4s (really??!??) and pilot injuries from getting knocked over.

- Ice
#4422327 - 05/23/18 09:59 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
It's pretty well set up for you to know what to do when, just by the costs involved. The upgrade path just depends on your budget. I concentrated on mech repair and med bay, until I had to pay the big bucks to keep going. Then I worked on morale points a while, then went back when money wasn't a problem.
I filled in the training just to be a completionist. LOL

I'm holding off on what I think is the last mission. I don't know how I'll feel playing the game open ended and I still don't have the assaults I want.

The 2nd to last campaign mission was a PITA! I figured out what to do but didn't have my mech builds right until the 3rd time. Then it went well.
There's a time crunch, a series of target buildings and then a lot of enemies you have to take out. It was pretty satisfying though.

#4422361 - 05/24/18 02:29 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
URBANMECH!

Got an Urbanmech in the campaign.

..not sure what I'm going to do with it, tho.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4422370 - 05/24/18 03:40 AM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Screw that! LOL

#4422430 - 05/24/18 02:11 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: - Ice]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by - Ice
Week 252! Wow! biggrin biggrin

BTW, I usually remove a chunk of my savegames, just relocate them onto a different folder and I did notice my load times got better.

I delete everything but my last save before I log off every time I play.

Oh, and week 252 is a lot?

Slackers... reading

After all, I had to get my money's worth. biggrin

[Linked Image]

We haven't just been riding around seeing the sights either. Here's my top mech killer, who has spent 90% of his time in a short range brawler:

[Linked Image]

All my other regulars have way over 100 mech kills each.

Those two lower high spirits are permanent, stuck on zero days left. A bug I guess.

I am in summer school now so I won't have that much time like I have had these last couple of weeks. I will likely finish this campaign then put it away for awhile, waiting for stuff to get patched for a re-start of a new one.

Urban Mech??? They gave me a Highlander. smile

They should have, I spent 104 days in the med bays to get it.

edit: What's the best forum for "suggestions" for the devs? Is there a developers forum?

Attached Files 699 Days.jpgBehomth_699.jpg
Last edited by Nixer; 05/24/18 02:15 PM.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4422434 - 05/24/18 02:38 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
There’s a forum on Paradox that’s the official one.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech.994/

#4422500 - 05/24/18 08:41 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Nixer]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Nixer
who has spent 90% of his time in a short range brawler:

Isn't that a "she"?? smile

URBANMECH!!! Where/how did you get it? Pics of it in the bay and pics of its loadout please!! biggrin

Anyone seen a Raven?

- Ice
#4422501 - 05/24/18 08:55 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
No Ravens that I’ve seen. The urbies were all over the place for a while early in the game, and one of the early planets I visited had one for sale.
It would be nice to see a patch with more mechs and more variety.

#4422508 - 05/24/18 09:19 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Never seen one!! Do you have one???!?!?!!

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
It would be nice to see a patch with more mechs and more variety.

CLANS!!! I'm sooooo ready for the Clans! Where's my TimberWolf??!?!?!

- Ice
#4422536 - 05/24/18 11:47 PM Re: Battletech released [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Thanks RK for the forum link.

Yeah Ice, Behemoth is a she.

Big arm mod, melee gyro and, she punches THRU lots of big mechs.

She has an Orion now, AC 20 ++ and, a SRM +++.

Which reminds me. I don't think I have enjoyed blowing the crap out of enemy targets in a game, of any kind as much as I am enjoying, for example, deciding I have had enough with this "target" and blowing them to little tiny pieces.

They Blow up REAL GOOD!

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.