Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4421235 - 05/17/18 05:24 PM Atlanta Braves  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
From bottom last year to top this year in the NL. Will it continue?
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4421236 - 05/17/18 05:26 PM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Meh, I just want the Yankees to go away and disappear.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4421297 - 05/17/18 10:34 PM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
The Braves' biggest hurdle is their pitching staff. They're amazing when they're "on" and throw the game when they're not. I will say this, though. The Braves sure are fun to watch!

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4421456 - 05/18/18 07:31 PM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
I've been on the train since I was old enough to watch (early 80s). This part of the ride is getting pretty fun!

Jared
-----
FalconNW MachV, Obutto R3volution

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#4421482 - 05/18/18 10:48 PM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
I am excited to go to some of their home games this year. I went to three last year in the inaugural season of SunTrust Park. It is great...the whole area is an experience centered around the Braves. I have not been able to swing it yet this season, but will be doing so again for sure! I just heard yesterday that the Braves are coming to town to do a sports workshop with little leaguers and an event with the wider community. There are going to be a few former players there, one of whom is Otis Nixon. I am pretty excited about going...hoping maybe to get a photo and an autograph on his baseball card.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
#4421533 - 05/19/18 10:20 AM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
We went in June last year to see them play the Marlins. Great atmosphere, easier to get in/out than the Ted by miles. We went to eat at Murph's before the game, and Dale Murphy himself actually wiped down our table before we sat down. smile

It was my second time getting to meet him. I have an autographed ball and jersey that I had him sign a few years back at a minor league game in Hickory.

Last year for my birthday, my wife's grandma bought us tickets to Chipper's book signing in Winston-Salem, so I've gotten to meet him also. He's a lot TALLER in person...

Also a few years back at the Ted, went on field before the game (Star Wars night) and met Jason Grilli.

thumbsup

Attached Files Murph.jpg

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

#4421692 - 05/20/18 05:21 AM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: RogueSqdn]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn
We went in June last year to see them play the Marlins. Great atmosphere, easier to get in/out than the Ted by miles. We went to eat at Murph's before the game, and Dale Murphy himself actually wiped down our table before we sat down. smile

It was my second time getting to meet him. I have an autographed ball and jersey that I had him sign a few years back at a minor league game in Hickory.

Last year for my birthday, my wife's grandma bought us tickets to Chipper's book signing in Winston-Salem, so I've gotten to meet him also. He's a lot TALLER in person...

Also a few years back at the Ted, went on field before the game (Star Wars night) and met Jason Grilli.

thumbsup

How awesome! I almost ate at Murphs last year when we parked in the garage under the shopping area there...I had no idea he may have actually been there!

#4421693 - 05/20/18 05:57 AM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: RogueSqdn]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn
I've been on the train since I was old enough to watch (early 80s). This part of the ride is getting pretty fun!

Ah, you remember the days when they used to flag people down outside of the stadium in Atlanta and basically beg them to come in to watch a game!

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4421703 - 05/20/18 08:40 AM Re: Atlanta Braves [Re: KraziKanuK]  
RogueSqdn Offline
USAF Veteran
RogueSqdn  Offline
USAF Veteran

Advance, NC
Chuck Tanner was manger then, IIRC. After Torre. Dale Murphy was always my favorite, but I remember Bob Horner, Glenn Hubbard, Phil Niekro, Gerald Perry...

I still have rookie cards for Glavine and Smoltz. Smoltz was always my favorite of the big three. Part because of his competitive attitude, part because he was there at the beginning of the run and Maddux wasn't. Smoltz put out a book a few years back (Starting and Closing), give it a read if you get a chance.

May Kent Hrbek rot in hell.

My bobbleheads:

Attached Files IMG_0216.JPG
Last edited by RogueSqdn; 05/20/18 08:48 AM.

Jared
-----

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.