Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4419781 - 05/09/18 01:32 PM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I concur with everything HumanDone so eloquently stated. Well done, sir. Capt - I hope that you can get the interviews you are looking for, but good luck pulling them away from WOTR development. The devs have been quiet as field mice this past year or so and I am sure that means every spare moment is working on pushing out WOTR. Hopefully we will at least get some more work in progress screens soon. That we haven't gotten any preview movies yet like we did with WOFF leads me to believe that they are still some time away from completion. Hopefully in the 3rd quarter of 2018 - but that's just me hoping, not the devs promising anything.

As for how I got back into WWI flight sims Soppy, you sent me a Phase 2 CD and I have been hooked ever since. Thank you for that remarkably kind gesture. It's just one of countless acts of good will that this community has displayed, making the community itself every bit as special as the sim.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4419784 - 05/09/18 01:59 PM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by Hellshade
I concur with everything HumanDone so eloquently stated. Well done, sir. Capt - I hope that you can get the interviews you are looking for, but good luck pulling them away from WOTR development. The devs have been quiet as field mice this past year or so and I am sure that means every spare moment is working on pushing out WOTR. Hopefully we will at least get some more work in progress screens soon. That we haven't gotten any preview movies yet like we did with WOFF leads me to believe that they are still some time away from completion. Hopefully in the 3rd quarter of 2018 - but that's just me hoping, not the devs promising anything.

As for how I got back into WWI flight sims Soppy, you sent me a Phase 2 CD and I have been hooked ever since. Thank you for that remarkably kind gesture. It's just one of countless acts of good will that this community has displayed, making the community itself every bit as special as the sim.

I always forget that I got you pulled into this odd band of fliers, Hellshade! I was just paying it forward. OvS sent me my copy of Phase 2 back in the day as well - I've kept it for sentimental value as he signed the sleeve the CD came in. My feeling on WOTR is shared with yours - and I've always had complete faith in OBD that "it'll be done when it's done." Frankly, with grad school and insane life schedules over the last five years, I'm still barely scratching the surface of what WOFF:UE has to offer - so I don't feel lacking for gameplay at the moment. I think I'll start writing a piece on twenty years of playing WWI flight sims. I begged my parents for a copy of Red Baron II twenty years ago this fall and well... here I am. Should be fun and hopefully the folks around here would like to read it.

Thinking about firing up a super-early war campaign with the French, maybe give some reconnaissance work a try for a change. Should be interesting!

#4419851 - 05/09/18 06:25 PM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

Flying WOFF UE is like standing on the "Everest" of WW1 flight sims, IMHO.
Don't believe the future for WW1 sims will hold anything further; but if so it won't compare at all.

I have been flying WOFF for years and years; still find it totally immersive, "relaxing", surprising, and getting better with all the modding that is going on.

#4420123 - 05/10/18 08:55 PM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
Gordohk Offline
Gordohk  Offline

Maryland, USA
WOFF has to be one of the coolest games on my PC.

#4420164 - 05/11/18 12:55 AM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm very glad to see RAF_Louvert post - and humbled by his complements. Raine, Capt. Sopwith, Hellshade, MFair (who put his money where his mouth is) - I stand among those greater than myself. Truly. All of you have done far more than I have to support this work. Ace Pilto, thanks for the drinks! bottles

And yeah - this is the Everest of WWI sims. It can only get better! Soppy, I hope you get time - and material - to write your article. It's amazing that you could probably do your interviews from halfway around the world via Skype or something similar - as long as one of you was willing to get up early or stay up late!

Well, I got this conference paper that was due last Friday, so back to work. I feel like Charlie Brown dragging "War and Peace" around with him all Christmas vacation!

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4420492 - 05/13/18 02:47 AM Re: Will WWI Flight sims ever become popular again? [Re: Hellshade]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Great post HumanDrone. Thanks for the shout-out. September is coming up fast - looking forward to the WW1 Dawn Patrol Rendezvous in Dayton.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM