Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4418648 - 05/01/18 07:13 PM Newbie Question  
bweiss Offline
bweiss  Offline

Pardon me if this is the wrong section for a question I'm sure has been asked many a time. But I've read the FAQ and looked over the forum and cannot find specifics on whether or not CFS3 v3.1 CD needs to be mounted when installing WOFF UE, and if so which CD of the two CD v3.1 set is the one to mount? I have CFS3 v3.1 and it has two CD's. I'm working with the v4.07 download file of WOFF UE awaiting the CD's in snail mail.

So I've installed WOFF UE with and without the CFS3 CD. When I installed WOFF UE with the CFS3 CD, I used CD 1, and it never called for any files. When I installed without loading the CFS3 CD, I get lock ups and crashes when I fly in game and upon exit. If I then mount the CFS3 CD 1 and try WOFF again, it runs without the lockups and crashes. Which defies the FAQ that says; you don't need to mount the CD to run the game, if that's my issue. I'm not certain because the FAQ also states CFS3 does not have to be installed, and doesn't have to be in the CD when WOFF is installed either. But I don't seem to be able to run the game without the CFS3 CD mounted. And it's v3.1.

So can someone please clarify this for me. Do I need to mount the CFS3 CD in order to correctly install WOFF UE or not? And if so, which CD needs to be mounted? CD 1 or 2, of the v3.1 set? An answer to that may point me in the right direction for trouble shooting. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bwhite; 05/01/18 07:25 PM.

"War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose;
then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end,
one is surprised that everyone has lost."

-Karl Kraus, Die Fackel, October 19, 1917
#4418655 - 05/01/18 08:03 PM Re: Newbie Question [Re: bweiss]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

No, the CFS CD is not needed to install WOFF UE. It was required to install prior versions of WOFF, but not for UE. You just need to own it for legal reasons. And the CFS disc does not need to be mounted during gameplay.

When you reinstalled the game did you follow the "uninstall and reinstall" directions in section 17 of the FAQ file? If not, I suggest that you reinstall following those instructions.

#4418903 - 05/03/18 12:50 AM Re: Newbie Question [Re: bweiss]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
bwhite, tell us what OS you are running. Is it Win 7 or Win10 ?

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4419262 - 05/05/18 07:49 PM Re: Newbie Question [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
bweiss Offline
bweiss  Offline

Sorry, I've been wandering around trying to fix my CH controllers and forgot about my original posting. I use Win 8.1, but thanks to hoongadoonga there I went back over the FAQ. Then, figured out that MS Windows Defender had absconded with my WOOFToolbox.exe. Falsely accusing it of being a virus. Took care of that issue and then did a clean install and poof!!! Works like a charm outta the box. So I popped in a load of mods just to see how she'd handing the load, including Sweet FX, and my GYNC is putting out 144'ish FPS in test flights with one AC, all settings on high. It seems to hang a bit on load up and at one point where it does so I saw it call for the java script. So perhaps I can tailor all that as I go but the loading though slow at this time does initiate the flights. Closes out without a glitch. Oh and I found an insidious issue with the CH controller problem. I have the Pro Throttle, fighterstick and rudders. Nothing I did could get it recognized properly. Dawned on me at that point, perhaps the cheap multi-port USB hub I have them hooked into (saving USB ports on the CPU box), might not play nice with WOFF UE. Sure enough, as soon as I disconnected the multi-port USB hub, and just plugged each of my CH controllers into the CPU box USB ports it worked just fine. All axis are recognized, working fine, and all 32 buttons are easily unbound and rebound as I like. Can't ask for more!

So now this thing is working and it is an amazing sim. Takes me back to my old RB3D days but it's everything I had always wished Red Baron was but wasn't. Vunderbar! I'm just disappointed no one told me about this thing all this time. I've been spending my time fiddling with IL2 1946. Oh yes, speaking of which. I also found that Newview, the old IR tracking software used with IL2, FB, 1946, etc, plays havoc with the mouse look/hat panning in WOFF. It conflicts with the fixed views somewhat. I guess one could mess with it to eliminate the issue, but the mouse look works fine for me using the scroll lock without Newview so, won't fix what isn't broke.

Thanks feller's for pointing me in the right direction. Salute~!

"War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose;
then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end,
one is surprised that everyone has lost."

-Karl Kraus, Die Fackel, October 19, 1917

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.