Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4388909 - 11/09/17 04:06 AM Lost and Found offerings *****  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

~~~ Lost and Found thread ~~~

Post your lost file offerings / downloads / abandoned projects here

`````` From my own lost archives which I recently found `````

RAF_Roy's DAW Desert Mission_1 Add-on for Jel's Desert Air war for 1.28E (DAWSU128E.exe) package

from the readme..

Tested and Intended for EAW 1.28E use only.
The primary use is for single mission or instant mission (quick mission).
--------------------------------------------
Use:
1 - make a copy if jel's DAW128E files - To Avoid making the mistake of losing the original version!
only then (note that this vesion would not be compatible with a player using the Jel's version for instance, online. For online, you don't really need ths limited scenario because you can select bases):

2 - put the root files into (EAW or) the DAW scenario folder, overwriting the files from Jel's package
3 - place the files in the Msn_files folder (default(xx).msn files) in your savedata folder, overwriting the files from Jel's package
--------------------------------------------

This Add-on is just an additonal for easy play of a limited area of DAW, specifically the main North Africa coast bay pocket
The difference between this and DAW original and /or Jel's version is only a limited number of Axis bases will be available and active namely 2 airbases.
The rest of the territory will be Allied.
The primary use is for single mission or instant mission (quick mission).

This is accomplished by the 'surrounding type' frontline, which I discovered / or rediscovered some years ago (DOM many years ago might have figured this out also but it if he did - he never published info about it)..

I made this OAW style mission many years back but only the difference is I needed to add a new runways.dat for 128 series, and some other files were needed for compatibility which Jel's DAWSU128E package provides.

-RAF_Roy 10/20/2011 (Yes 2011 not like original 2001 , the Stanley Kubrick movie!)

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Note:
I haven't tested this since 2011 since I don't actually have the DAWSU128E package
Would anyone care to post a link where that is located?
Thanks!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4388952 - 11/09/17 02:47 PM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

I could Roy, but what's the point? deadhorse

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4389023 - 11/10/17 02:46 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

nevermind I can find it at Mark's or maybe I have it here anyway pressing on regardless...

Here's another post, this time of a different type of Lost and Found offering of Trivia

David Bolton (unregistered) 2010-05-23

Before EAW there was Mosquito which never got up in the air. Between 92 and 93 I was a game designer at MicroProse Manchester and my brief was to design a game around the Mosquito Fighter bomber. It had career, the interesting missions, Anti-submarine (the 6Lb anti-tank variation with a gun feed designed by a cigarette manufacturer), the bouncing bomb mission (against the Tirpitz), night radar misions plus all the usual MicroProse Flight Sim stuff. With input from B17 designer Mike Brunton (based in the MicroProse Leeds office) as well, to keep me on the straight and narrow. We had two excellent programmers, graphic artists and the use of a musician. It was going well.

I laboured for 15 months on that game design (ending up with a 256 page design doc and it was about 1/2 complete) from when MicroProse Manchester (England) first opened its doors in June 1992 until August 12th 1993, when following the Spectrum Holobyte Takeover in the US, we got closed down. The Atari St game conversion of Civilization was also done in Manchester while I was there.

Six months later we heard they had looked at the stuff shipped out when they closed us down. "Hey this Mosquito game looks good, wheres the team working on it?" ..."We let them go"!

from the url:
https://thedailywtf.com/articles/comments/The-Cool-Cam/4
from link from:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/search?q=european+air+war

It is that most likely IMHO some of the things in EAW came from other MicroProse games. Perhaps even ones that were never released?

Anyway, the point of the thread is exactly as it says.
Also since this game forum (and thus likely the entire game itself in absence of another venue) is winding down I'm interested to get out as much material as possible. As well to make as much useful propaganda as possible whenever / wherever.

btw; you can find a list of microprose games tried on Wine / Linux here:
https://tinyurl.com/microprosegamesonwine

Last edited by FsFOOT; 11/10/17 02:53 AM. Reason: tinyurl.com/microprosegamesonwine
#4389044 - 11/10/17 10:07 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Hi Roy.

It's just everything we made is no longer.................. Ah, what's the point!

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4389052 - 11/10/17 01:23 PM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Just popped in to remind everyone that all of the functions listed in the game "Mosquito" are available in 1.6.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4389074 - 11/10/17 04:37 PM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France

Last edited by MrJelly; 11/10/17 05:10 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4389903 - 11/16/17 02:17 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Another offering from my personal projects archives, never offered before:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbdeldjufuad65z/roygobectsfromvcarts1.zip
( md5sum 71936667bf9f162fc8c4b5a120dc463b )

This is a Modders' set* of Ground objects I converted / made from virtual carts - prior to 2013 - for 1.2 to 1.28C or E

*Meaning you may have to adjust files or 3dz's if it does not work just dropping in the eaw root folder

Includes a trailer, tree and hay bales.
btw; a copy of picpac.exe tool and a pak.bat inside

edit; corrections! may 2018

This is actually the wrong .zip I posted. You can get the full zip from Sandbaggers, (I think Col. Gibbons or Lost and Found ?), has the virtual carts zip

anyway; what is in this .zip and is a working is a Hay bale I adjusted for EAW use from what I recall.

The huge tree also may be woking? Yes its huge about 3- 5 times the size of an normal EAW tree!

Attached Files newtrailer.pngTREETST5.png2BAL02.png
Last edited by FsFOOT; 05/02/18 12:02 AM. Reason: corrections! may 2018
#4389917 - 11/16/17 04:44 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Another offering:
Added EAW Flight School to my Retroarchive.

Attached Files usflag2.gifgermflag.gifbritflag.gif
Last edited by FsFOOT; 11/16/17 04:52 AM.
#4391102 - 11/24/17 12:26 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Attached Files cgw_175-01.jpg
#4391117 - 11/24/17 03:31 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

The review for that magazine you posted is two pages long and can be read in pdf or downloaded in other formats here:

https://archive.org/details/Computer_Gaming_World_Issue_175

This review is notorious at pointing out EAW faults.
They include the blurry cockpit gauges and the poor view distance of planes.
But these are things corrected with patches and mods.

#4406699 - 02/22/18 06:07 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

FlashBack!! -- Anniversary

Well, its the 5 years anniversary since I posted my Roys_seamlesswater_V2-17-2013 - Download

Code
Seamless Water package for modders. Includes .bmp, .pcx , .ter, eaw.tm files This is not an end-user download, since to use the water requires some modification to other game files.
Created by RAF-Roy (File size 459 KB)

Originally Posted by Roys_seamlesswater-V2-17-2013_readme.txt

Roys_seamlesswater-V2-17-2013_readme - by RAF_Roy September 4, 2013

-----------Who is this for?------------
This is a Seamless Water package for modders. This is not an end-user download, since to use the water requires some modification to other game files.

-----------Background: -------------------------------------
Hi all you may or not be aware or remember that some years ago for EAW I made various discoveries about 'virtual seamless water tiles, and produced some versions of the EAW water.
Now I have a newer version that is perfectly the seamless, here in this package..

I once posted that " the seams will never totaly disappear, at least on one side, no matter what without recoding the .exe because EAW does have some tile overlap". Now I finally found that statement is not true.
Although it is true there is some overlap in the way EAW is coded to render tiles.
Somehow or other I either made an error in the other methods and versions. Recently I fixed it, practically by accident.
This version is the proof truly seamless at least for water, can be done.It is good news to me!

-----------Files in the package: ----------------------------------
Roys_seamlesswater-V2-17-2013_BNWATER.bmp ---->master copy of the new tileHi-Res version; 24bit .BMP, in size 256 x 256
BNWATER.bmp ----> the new tile, Hi-Res version; 24bit .BMP, in size 256 x 256
lrWATER.bmp ----> the new tile, Low-Res version; 24bit .BMP, in size 128 x 128
BNWATER.pcx ----> 256 x 256 copy saved as Z-soft PCX, reduced to 256 colors, made using LView Pro 1.D2
BNWATER.TER ----> Same as above but Picpac'd using PICPACW with the -p option
lrWATER.TER ----> Same as above; 256 x 256 size
lrWATER2.pcx ----> reduced size 128 x 128 copy, made using LView Pro 1.D2

EAW.TM ----> file from 1.2 recoded so all water is in a north orient

this readme

--------Use:----------------------------
To use you will need a EAW.tm file coded so all water is used only in a north orient in the EAW.tm, (code: 02)
I included an test one in this package. It is from 1.2 series.
Drop it in your EAW with the water files and see the new seamless water in action

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some links to my Old Posts about the seamless water,etc. at the SimHQ
(please note the old versions are now superceded by this newer water tile)

Tells method; to use the water tile, set up your EAW.tm so all water is used only in a north orient in the EAW.tm, (code: 02)
rem: its outdated
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3465966/How_to_use_Roy_s_Water_in_a_te#Post3465966

Another version try from 2010
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3044714/Roy52010_virtual_seamless_wate#Post3044714

Default BMP terrain and water I made for 128E tests.
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3104803/Re_Roys128E_BMP_terrain#Post3104803

Original post when I first discovered @ how to do seamless. Keep in mind it is the fist version.Includes some interesting posts by Brit44 'Aldo' about terrain rendering in games.
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2974957/Re_Virtually_no_seams_terrain_#Post2974957

-Roy
wink

A few regrets I have about this was per the SPAW 1.40 version I made is that I fuzzed up the actual coastlines joining (in SPAW) since i had a problem everytime to convert the coasts .pcx to the proper coloring. Thus the coastal seems keep showing.

Other than that the only regret is although this technology works, sadly I doubt anyone has adopted this into a scenario, other than my

FlashBack!! -- Anniversary

BeachHell Isles Final - Scenario Add-on - Download
(2/19/2011 - wow its been 7 years?!!)

Which features (an earlier imperfect version of) the 'virtual seamless' water tiles in action. satellite photo islands, and of course the Carrier you can attack in the channel. (See my add-ons page for the downloads).

The Roys_seamlesswater-V2-17-2013 is the superceding version, you can simply put those water tiles in the BeachHells Final (be sure to get the additional BeachHellIslesFinalAddons2011 - Download For use in 1.28E. And dump those in the folder overwriting any previous version files.
(Note to use BeachHell Isles Final in EAW1.28E you also need to delete the tmod.dat file from the scenario files)

(Also note; the .zips all have a .exe - self-extracting archive for windows - archive in them also - so you have to extract that also. You can open those .exe from most zip managers like 7-zip in windows or engrampa , etc on linux easily.)

- Cheers!

#4409377 - 03/07/18 07:10 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Calling sandbagger, or to whom it may concern;

. does anyone have these F4F skins or graphics?

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/CK/kurtscats.html

None of the graphics or downloads are there frown

Interested in this since the USS Lexington (RIP) recenty located:
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...lexington-cv-2-lost-at-coral-sea-located

So its interesting looking to at the F4F's and so forth that may be there.
As I posted this one may well be found?
This aircraft depicts a Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat of VF-42, USS Yorktown during the Battle of Coral Sea, May 8, 1942. This aircraft was flown by Ens. E. Scott McCusky during the Coral Sea battle, downing one Zero. He recovered low on fuel aboard the USS Lexington, just in time for that ship to be sunk by the Japanese. This plane was still aboard when it sank. McCusky survived and went on to fly with VF-3 at Midway, scoring another 3 kills during that battle and finishing the war with a total score of 15.5.
This 3DZ model, cockpit and skins (clean and weathered) were created by Captain Kurt.

#4409425 - 03/07/18 03:12 PM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
Weird_Crapolla Offline
Hotshot
Weird_Crapolla  Offline
Hotshot

St Barth
Hello Roy,

That's all the F4F's Kurt I have so far ....
https://anonfiles.co/download/4bc2b57ba2a05ab75a671c17a9a5c5f2.html
Methink complete collection
Hope it's help thumbsup

Off

Last edited by Weird_Crapolla; 03/07/18 03:17 PM.

Flying is the perfect vocation for a man who wants to feel like a boy, but not for one who still is.
Latest upgrades for EAW at Mr Jelly attic
EAW Encyclopedia
https://www.mediafire.com/file/98kfnmmxfyfa0x8/EAW.rar/file
Unrar and use the index file
#4409567 - 03/08/18 05:36 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

thx
the Wildcat already seems to be known.. see the other thread about the Lexington.
There is 7 TBD Devastators found also and 3 SBD's

#4417714 - 04/25/18 07:05 AM Re: Lost and Found offerings [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Dug up another lost (hidden) Addon of mine.

Pacific Isles

http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/RafRoy/PacificIsles.zip

Long ago I had the link removed from the webpage but the download remains intact.
hint: you can sometimes find other 'lost' addons like this from Sandbagger's and some other sites if you know the name of the file in the folder. In other words the url or hypertext link, even if it is not listed on the webpage wink

The island created was also enhanced and used in my later Beachell scenario, Its for the 1.28 series and may work on 1.2 (not sure if I had yet added terrain tiles >59 that were activated only in 1.28 code or not . (btw: Beachhell Isles Final definately requires 1.28 - it was built around 1.28b, used in 1.28c and with the BeachHellIslesFinalAddons2011 It was adapted for use in 1.28E.
(Note to use BeachHell Isles Final in EAW1.28E you also need to delete the tmod.dat file from the scenario files)

from the Pacific Isles contents.txt:

Pacific Isles terrain and files v.1 by RAF_Roy 9/2008

random spaced isles terrain in a vast ocean
intended for quick start "quick mission" fun
made from satellite photos

The idea is to experience what it was like to fly long missions over the ocean and low on fuel, hope to find an island to land on (or bail out near) if one could not return to base or carrier
Goodluck finding and island to land on, they are not in all areas!

terrain not compatible for use with other eaw.tm files
---------------------
custom files included:
- custom eaw.tm file by RAF_Roy
- airfld(1-11).3dz blanks by VonBeerhofen (removes airfields)
- EAW_RRD.dat (should remove trains) from Dancho's NG terrain
- EAW_TTD.dat by RAF_Roy (removes trees and tmod object not coded by tardata)

You will still have tmod objects coded by tardatas i.e radar towers and factors stick up in the water in some places to change those replace with ships skins (add-on skins skins addons coded for the normal target tmod objects)

Please note if you wish to make this OAW compatible you must remove the none terrain files - but also note you need to use the custom eaw.tm for the isles to appear properly as they are custom coded

-------------------------------
notes for modders, per the eaw.tm codes and terrain tiles:
island uses 25 tiles plus water
island is a grid 5 x 5 tiles

top l to top right (rows all across as top row)
sequence is:
field1,2,4,5,6 (6 same as water) -
field7,forst1,2,3,4 -
forst5,6,7,MOUNT1,2 -
MOUNT3,4,ROAD1,2,4 -
ROAD6,8,9,10,GRASS

hex codes for sequence is:
(all north)
06,07,09,08,2F -
26,1B,1F,1E,1A -
1C,1D,29,16,19 -
18,17,22,23,25 -
24,27,28,2D,01 -

water 02

The island was originally made from photos of parts of the modern-day island of Rabaul!

Although I had to make a ton of edits and do some freehand stuff.. I basically sort of 'mirrored' some the tiles of about half the island.
Typical of EAW modding work, it took so long to do the initial work I abandoned the whole idea of an actual "Revenge over Rabaul" scenario I had started making the terrain for. (Having spent maybe 100 hours just on the island from web search of image to sizing and of course ,well more..! )
Terrain making and really everything in EAW mod work is incredibly time consuming and frankly can be very frustrating and unrewarding when you don't get the payoff in results.
However the up-side was that Beachell was a heck of a lot of fun to fly (from me at least wink and worked out as a test bed that lead to a slew of developments that you can actually see mostly in code related and some other modders' work.. oddly enough.. wink

Besides all that Beachell had the best and only Moving Carrier intercept sea mission at the time.

That said, for quick start "quick mission" fun,
Pacific Isles
http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/RafRoy/PacificIsles.zip

Is a most unique addon and a 'must have' for the serious vintage EAW afficionado!
Also note since this is mainly for modders - be sure to use my later Roys_seamlesswater_V2-17-2013 water for best effect.

The idea of the scattered islands world came from an idea I had about creating random .tm carrier spawning quick missions ability within the eaw.exe code. Another work I intended that sadly never took wings!

Last edited by FsFOOT; 04/25/18 07:38 AM. Reason: spellings..

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.