Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4417117 - 04/20/18 11:38 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: Chucky]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Chucky
Dvorsi? I'm about 34LY away in Inupiates smile

No ship list for a while until I get the rank done.

Why we're neighbors. 34 light years is 'just 'round the corner' in galactic terms eh?

For the moment I've transferred my transportation company to a tourist economy, in Yaque, chosen for it's economy and high pop. Players are always saying these systems are best for sightseeing and transportation. It seems sensible, though I wonder if these systems are more destination than departure hubs. I'll hang around a bit and see.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4417940 - 04/26/18 03:44 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Not much progress to report, though I've been making good money. Made about 200 million over the past couple of weeks mostly doing sightseeing and boom time deliveries, with some bounty hunting and bubble exploration thrown in.

Exploration rank is now at 92% Ranger. It's slow going, but almost to Pioneer, then one level to Elite! Umm yeah

Promoted to CPO for the Feds and to Lord for the Empire.

The Lord promotion came about quickly. I had found some really good stackable boom time deliveries at a station 8 light years from my home station. Enough to fill the 188t of cargo hold on the Python. At the delivery station, 4 light years from home, I could grab as many biowaste deliveries as I could carry right back to the previous station. So I ran the one-jump loop several times and got a lot of rep out of it, even if the lingering scent means no passengers want to fly on the Python, but that's why I have an Orca smile Went from like 50% Knight to 50% Lord in about 2 hours, plus plenty of profit. The fact that I have stayed around here for a while (Dvorsi) is really paying off with high rep with many local factions and the missions are paying a lot better.

#4417943 - 04/26/18 04:07 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Despite stating earlier that I was burned out chasing ranks,that is what I've been doing. After topping out in the Federation I'm now an Earl in the Empire. Another rank to go and I can have that Cutter I've been drooling over. Hopefully by tonight's end I'll be a Marquis. All I need now is more credits! Much,much more.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4417992 - 04/26/18 07:59 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Nice. Congrats on the promotions. thumbsup

The Cutter eh? Yeah, I also have this ship as a goal, but am further from one than you are. It's almost always the most-flown ship at every CG, so there's gotta be something to it. So I just ran a quick trader build on Coriolis, basically A-rated and cargo racks and shield boosters. Pretty impressive at 544t cargo (and obviously can get more), but I'd be pleased with that.

Total cost 616 million. That's a lotta space ducats! And you could easily put another hundred million in to it with different outfitting. So yeah, I know what you mean when you say you need more credits. If you're a trader, it would sure open it up for you.

This is what I threw together, no engineering and pretty basic.

Basic Trading Cutter

Re-buy's 30 mil haha.

I see I left the class 1 lasers on it. Oh well, seven freaking hardpoints anyway.

Last edited by DBond; 04/26/18 08:02 PM.

#4418103 - 04/27/18 01:44 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
When you complete the level below Elite, are you Elite? Or do you need to complete the Elite level too?

If I go from say 99% Pioneer to Elite is that it? Or do I have to go 100% of the Elite level as well?

Oh yeah, I went to Pioneer Explo rank last night.

Last edited by DBond; 04/27/18 01:44 PM.

#4418188 - 04/28/18 01:07 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Once you finish the last level and are promoted, you are Elite.

- Ice
#4418242 - 04/28/18 05:21 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
And the last level is Pioneer...? (not Elite)

Thanks

#4418334 - 04/29/18 04:38 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
For Explorer, yes.

- Ice
#4418387 - 04/30/18 12:30 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
Security_Device_Enclosed Offline
Security_Device_Enclosed  Offline

Victoria
Apparently my game time is 6 weeks, that is a full 1000 hours.

Of course a large amount (probably 3/4) of that was not active play time, but wow! I alt-tab a lot when playing and have left the game unattended when I've been called into work at least twice.

Current assest - 425.8 million (+Chieftain and Python)

Spent on ships - 1.23 billion
Outfitting - 544.9 million
Repairs - 1.7 million
Fuel - 640,000
Munitions - 752,000
Insurance claims - 30
Claim costs - 20.3 million

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4418443 - 04/30/18 12:25 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hey SDE, how's things?

Where did your money go? Shouldn't your assets reflect the value of your ships plus the cash on hand, minus repair/ammo/fuel/claims?

I mean I would expect your assets to be over a billion, if you've spent that much on ships.

Have you done any Elite lately, or still Paradoxing it?

#4418445 - 04/30/18 12:52 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
I've only just restarted with Elite, was looking for something 'new' I'm in a place called Teorge, checking out 'Listening Posts' whatever the hell they are they.

I made a point of purchasing and testing every ship (at least until they started to release rank-locked billion credit monsters like the Cutter) but most ships I fly are things like the Cobra and DBX. So that might explain the credits.

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4418448 - 04/30/18 01:36 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well, happy to see you giving it another go. I really enjoyed your Elite Beautiful thread when I was thinking of getting the game. thumbsup

#4418531 - 05/01/18 01:40 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
I really need to get back into taking screens now that we have proper camera controls. I had about 40-50 still in a folder somewhere, think I deleted them at some point.

#4418588 - 05/01/18 11:39 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, please do smile

#4418603 - 05/01/18 01:22 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Quick test of camera controls, what a #%&*$# to set up.

I am really liking the new Chieftain!

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Screenshot_0003.png

#4418671 - 05/01/18 08:53 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
At last! biggrin That Empire rank-up to King really dragged on. I think I'll get that Explorer rank up next,then the Trade rank.
What benefits do you get by getting friendly with the Alliance?

Attached Files 20180501214456_1.jpg
Last edited by Chucky; 05/01/18 08:56 PM.

#4418694 - 05/01/18 11:12 PM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
None that I know of. I am Friendly with the Alliance, 75%. Got that when I bought the Chieftain and hung around for a while bounty hunting. I've noticed no benefits whatsoever, and I don't think there are any.

Congrats on King, that's a nice achievement.

Nice ship SDE. I had one of those, ended up selling it to finance another ship, the FDL I think. But I will buy another, and engineer it and see how she flies with some extra whizbangs. Engineered thrusters and weapons could make that ship quite deadly (not that it isn't already). And lord knows it could use some shield love.

As for myself.... no rank progression of any kind since the last update. Combat rank is just so slow to advance. I go out, shoot down 20 ships, and maybe I've gone up 1%. No problem with this, as an achievement should feel like an achievement. But it is slow going. Trade rank should go up soon, as I've been taking a lot of boom time deliveries lately.

Exploration rank is at 8% Pioneer. Since hitting the new rank I've done mostly other stuff, but this is the one that's going to get me in to Founder's World. My short term goal is hitting Elite. My long term goal is a Corvette I have decided. The description of the Cutter says something about how it performs the same sort of role as the Corvette, but surely that's incorrect. And since I am not much of a trader, as I find it a bit boring, the Cutter can wait until I reach such a point that I have to do something with my mountains of cash, and may as well pick up a Cutter smile

But the Corvette seems more my style, more combat centric. I have yet to buy any Fed ship actually, I can afford any but the Corvette. Maybe I'll pick up a Gunship. I've messed around with the fighter in my Keelback, but it's not something I want to take in to a RES site. But the Gunship would be fun to use with the fighter in actual combat. To facilitate all of this I've moored at Daedalus in Sol and working on Fed rep once more. I chose this system and station because every faction is Fed-aligned, unlike most stations that have more or less a split of superpower-aligned and independent, which means some missions gain no superpower rep. Plus I already made lots of friends here, so not starting from scratch. Currently 50% CPO.

I find the Fed ships unappealing visually, but I know they are quite capable combat craft.

Last edited by DBond; 05/02/18 12:35 AM.

#4418710 - 05/02/18 12:04 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's more than a nice achievement, getting both superpower ranks maxxed out is fantastic actually, congrats Chucky thumbsup

I hope to do that eventually too.

Now how about a new ship? biggrin

#4418719 - 05/02/18 12:38 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Wow congrats Chucky, that must have been one hell of a grind!

I do have to laugh at the ranks though, the thought of some random spacefarer being given control of an entire planet just cause he hauled enough bio-waste. Unless titles have undergone severe inflation over the centuries. Perhaps local fast food managers are referred to as Dukes and the IT department have their own princedom...

#4418764 - 05/02/18 08:46 AM Re: How profitable is your Elite time? [Re: DBond]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Thanks guys. I have to have my laptop open next to me so I can watch Youtube etc.It helps a lot.

DBond,yes I really must put something else in the garage but what? I have a good trading ship (T-9) and my Asp does me proud but something I have noticed recently with it (I think I upgraded the shields a while ago) is that the shields don't seem very durable. They drop to nothing even if I hit the docking port and not that hard. Although I avoid a fight by evading every interdiction, when I did get caught scooping up some boxes recently they went down so quickly I had to get out quick. I'll pop up the build shortly and maybe someone can point out my folly.

I'm looking for ideas for a ship mainly because whilst ranking up I noticed I missed out on some juicy missions because my Asp only has 68 cargo.

Here's my requirements...

Has to be able to land on Outposts.
Cargo needs to be 150-200.
Needs good shields and has to be manoeuvrable.
No weapons or defence required.
Reasonable jump range.
Docking computer is a must.
No SRV module required.

If anyone is screaming 'T-6'! I know,that would do it but I had one for ages,I just want something else. No multi-billion credit builds though,I'm just a poor space traveller,trying to scrape a living etc etc smile

*Here's my Asp build,be gentle,I struggle with ship configuration.

CORE INTERNAL

1A Military grade composite
3A Power plant
5A Thrusters
5A FSD
4E Life support
4B Power distributor
5D Sensor suite
5C Fuel tank (32)

OPTIONAL INTERNAL

6E Cargo (64)
3C Bi-weave shield generator
3B Fuel scoop
1C Discovery scanner
1C Advanced discovery scanner
2E Cargo (4)
1E Docking computer
Planetary approach suite

Last edited by Chucky; 05/02/18 09:34 AM.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.