Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4415756 - 04/10/18 11:21 PM I hate when this happens in rainbow 6  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 04/10/18 11:24 PM. Reason: burrrp.....ate a word there.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4415765 - 04/10/18 11:55 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Can you explain the video? Did his sneeze into him mic alert the enemy or something?

#4415771 - 04/11/18 12:16 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Master]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Master
Can you explain the video? Did his sneeze into him mic alert the enemy or something?

sorry, he is a defender, and he is currently being tracked by jackal via his footprints at the same time a hacker is buzzing his phone to find him while being exposed by a pulse drone becouse he moved so jackal would lose "scent" showing him to everyone on the enemy team. dude is royaly screwed, way too many trackers on attackers.

#4415850 - 04/11/18 01:48 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Yes, when the screen zooms on the icons, it's indicating that attackers are using devices to locate enemies, even without line of sight (LOS).

One attacker has a drone that shows sketchy outlines of the defenders right through the walls (and if the walls are breachable, you can simple shoot them straight through for a zero LOS kill).

One attacker has a helmet HUD that detects thermal indications of footsteps, and can somehow trace them through the building and directly to the defender who made them. Their location is shown for the entire team, and you can shoot them through walls.

One attacker has a tablet computer which hacks the defender's smart phones. This hack makes them ring/buzz, and the sound gives away your position. And this ringing will continue forever, until the defender players stop, take out the smart phone, and "un-hack" it to silence the noise.

These things are a change of pace compared to merely camping the objective site, or roaming around it, and facing off with the attackers as they tried to make visual contact. But these things also get a bit overwhelming. Dokkaebi was enough to sometimes make me annoyed. But all of them together, it can be a much more electronic warfare oriented situation.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4415864 - 04/11/18 03:26 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I remember playing Rainbow Six when it first came out, and it looked nothing like that.

Must be modded or have a crap ton of DLC added since then.

"Oh, thank you for saving me!"

[Linked Image]

"F*cking ecoterrorists won't win this day, ma'am!"

Last edited by Dart; 04/11/18 03:29 PM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4415866 - 04/11/18 03:41 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Dart]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted by Dart
I remember playing Rainbow Six when it first came out, and it looked nothing like that.

"Oh, thank you for saving me!"

[Linked Image]

"F*cking ecoterrorists won't win this day, ma'am!"

Loved that game! The first clan I ever joined was for R6. Didn't that game use MPlayer or MS Gaming zone for multiplayer matchups? Then they came out with the Eagle Watch expansion pack and eventually Rogue Spear. I remember waiting on Christmas Eve when they released a free new map for it...lol

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4415867 - 04/11/18 03:46 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Force10]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Originally Posted by Force10
Loved that game! The first clan I ever joined was for R6. Didn't that game use MPlayer or MS Gaming zone for multiplayer matchups?]

Yep, that's where I got my nickname from, now that you mention it biggrin

#4415871 - 04/11/18 04:42 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Rogue Spear was my introduction to the Rainbow Six series. Believe it or not, the "dumbing down" started as early as Raven Shield when they ditched the in-depth pre-mission planning phase.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4415883 - 04/11/18 06:46 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
I hate it when people mention Rainbow Six, but Siege, a CS clone is mentioned.

Shameless plug for Ready or Not, a proper SWAT 4 / R6 successor.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Rogue Spear was my introduction to the Rainbow Six series. Believe it or not, the "dumbing down" started as early as Raven Shield when they ditched the in-depth pre-mission planning phase.

Raven Shield had the pre-planning...

#4415894 - 04/11/18 07:18 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

A friend an I set up our first clan for the original R6. Called it ToR6. (Terrorists of Rainbow Six). I like to think we started the MP tea bagging scene in that game. When you died you only got the camera perspective from your dead guy so if you killed someone you could just sit there and crouch over their face for 15-20 minutes until they left the game. It worked especially well if you and your friend were on opposite teams because the match wouldnt end until everyone on one side died. So you and your friend would double teabag the guy until he quit the game.

Man, I was a complete #%&*$# in my younger days...

#4415934 - 04/12/18 12:44 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
The original Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six was one of those special games for me too. An amazing game. It just looked, played and felt right. To me it felt like I was in a story and world derived from everything that is good about a movie like Hunt For Red October and also Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. I remember being in CompUSA pining over the box and trying to make the decision on whether or not to buy it. It looked like my kind of game but what confused me was the pre-planning advertisement on it. When I saw that it concerned me because I was starting to think it was a turned based game which I wasn't into at the time. I remember asking an employee but he had no idea and we didn't really have internet yet and I knew nothing of searching such a thing out online even if I could get internet access. I bit the bullet hoping it wasn't some overworld strategy game with 3D renderings and I'm glad I did because it turned out to be exactly what I was hoping. It had all those great levels too like the embassy, hacienda, Italian amusement park and all kinds of variety. I need to pick up a GOG version of that. I had all but one of the expansions too. I think I was only mission Covert Ops.

Its interesting you say that Panzer because I don't remember Rogue Spear NOT having pre-planning. That's weird. Its been awhile so I don't remember. I recently saw on ModDB a new mod for R63 Raven Shield that looks pretty good. It seems to add updated sound effects, gun models(even new site and scope views) and better ragdolls.

Last edited by Coot; 04/12/18 12:45 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4415938 - 04/12/18 12:58 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Dart]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Originally Posted by Dart

Siege was designed from the start for E-Sports PvP play, and they have teams internationally who compete. IIRC, the team players are paid. Anyway, since PvP is the focus, many of the gameplay elements from the founding R6 games are gone.

The game is updated 4 times per year, each update with new playable "operators", and each operator with a unique special gadget. Wall breaching, toxic gas charges, the above mentioned drones and tracking gear. Teams of 5 choose from the 30 or 40 operators, coordinating their special gadget abilities for a planned type of assault. Well, if you are playing with a group that organizes. Otherwise, everybody plays their favorite operator and gameplay goes how it goes.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4415944 - 04/12/18 01:22 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Rogue spear was the last one with the preplanning phase.

#4415966 - 04/12/18 04:06 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Raven Shield has the planning phase too.

#4415991 - 04/12/18 10:45 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'll have to reinstall Raven Shield from Steam to confirm but I honestly do not remember any pre-mission planning phase with the 3D wire graphic representation of the mission map where you can assign orders to the members of your team.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/12/18 10:45 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4415992 - 04/12/18 10:46 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: adlabs6]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by adlabs6

Siege was designed from the start for E-Sports PvP play, and they have teams internationally who compete. IIRC, the team players are paid. Anyway, since PvP is the focus, many of the gameplay elements from the founding R6 games are gone.

The game is updated 4 times per year, each update with new playable "operators", and each operator with a unique special gadget. Wall breaching, toxic gas charges, the above mentioned drones and tracking gear. Teams of 5 choose from the 30 or 40 operators, coordinating their special gadget abilities for a planned type of assault. Well, if you are playing with a group that organizes. Otherwise, everybody plays their favorite operator and gameplay goes how it goes.

Exactly correct.

"This ain't your daddy's Rainbow Six". smile

#4416035 - 04/12/18 05:10 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Brun Offline
Brun  Offline

London Town
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I'll have to reinstall Raven Shield from Steam to confirm but I honestly do not remember any pre-mission planning phase with the 3D wire graphic representation of the mission map where you can assign orders to the members of your team.

I'll save you the trouble...

I'm pretty sure there were bugs which prevented it working properly on Ati cards.

#4416063 - 04/12/18 09:41 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
you know what is funny ? i used to spend an hour pre planning when i was a teen ,later at my early 20s i decided to try those old games again and i stuck on the planing map trying to figure it out and thinking to myself, how the hell i got anything done when i was a teenager lol.

#4416065 - 04/12/18 09:54 PM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

The last time I played these games I spent 30 seconds on preplanning. Everyone had their standard kit and there was one entry go waypoint on the main entrance. Then I just took control of team lead and did the whole mission with the team following me. Got through the whole game that way.

#4417067 - 04/20/18 12:26 AM Re: I hate when this happens in rainbow 6 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I do seem to remember having to handle certain things myself as some mission moments seemed to be impossible to get the AI to a successful outcome. That one snowy mission where your team comes down onto that highway where political VIPs were ambushed. If I remember correctly I could not get the AI to succeed in getting down there without a casualty. I think I had to snipe from top side before sending AI in. That's one I'd like to play again. I also owned it later on the Xbox which had voice commands which was really pretty cool kind of like SOCOM series.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.