Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4412244 - 03/22/18 06:04 PM Off to the New CG!  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Time to make some money.... There is an Interstellar agent in the system at -AKGYONOV KEEP a planetary base.

See you there

Wingy

Correction, Interstellar Agent is at Othime ,and Levi-Montalcini Dock. You visit the agent to redeem your bounties not turned in at the CG. Also to pay off any fines.

Last edited by WingNuts01; 03/23/18 07:04 PM.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4412250 - 03/22/18 06:25 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
What is the new CG?

And where is it?

In a different thread, I think it was RK's Question about Elite thread, I had advised newcomers to consider joining CG's to fatten their wallets. It's like a 401k, with your employer matching your contribution, so it's often well worth the effort. But I had meant to come back and add that Community Goals can be done in solo mode, in case it might not be obvious, but then forgot about it. You see the term Community and might think it can only be done in open with other members of the community. Just wanted to mention that.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4412261 - 03/22/18 07:38 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Summary

System: CPC 20 6743
Station: Lyakhov Dock (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 3,167 Ls from main star, 81.89 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Hand in Bounty Vouchers
Time limit: 29th March 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

Yuri Grom has announced an initiative to create a new shipyard in the Ross 720 system. The shipyard will produce capital ships with which to defend human space from both human and alien threats.

The EG Union, acting on behalf of Yuri Grom, has placed an open order for various commodities to build the shipyard, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver these commodities to Raleigh Orbital in the Ross 720 system. The organisation has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to ensure that pilots delivering commodities can do so safely.

The campaign begins on the 22nd of March 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Bounty Vouchers at Lyakhov Dock in the CPC 20 6743 system.

Please note that if you have any crew members, a portion of your bounty vouchers will be automatically assigned to them. These bounty vouchers will not count towards your personal contribution total, and your crew will receive the reward for their vouchers when they are handed in. The proportion of bounty vouchers assigned to your crew will depend on their rank.

Be aware that faction-state changes, Thargoid Sensor interference and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Notes:

- Station services:
- Available RES in system:
- Bounties that count towards the goal:
EG Union
- Bounties that don't count towards the goal:
tbc

Latest status
Last updated: 22 March @ 15:00 UTC
Current Progress:

Global Progress: 0 credits earned
Contributors: 0
Reward Tier: 0/8
Global Reward: None listed Current Participation Rewards:

Top 10 CMDRs: ?? CR
Top 10%: ?? CR
Top 25%: ?? CR
Top 50%: ?? CR
Top 75%: ?? CR
Top 100%: ?? CR

#4412262 - 03/22/18 07:39 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The trade side is for metals.

- Prices at Lyakhov Dock

Titanium: 1,626 Cr/T
Tantalum: 6,287 Cr/T
Beryllium: 13,167 Cr/T
Bismuth: 3,648 Cr/T
Copper: 783 Cr/T
Indium: 9,239 Cr/T
Palladium: 21,191 Cr/T

#4412287 - 03/22/18 09:56 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Just about to dock at Lyakhov
After my usual Loop of Shame

Last edited by Bohemond; 03/22/18 09:57 PM.
#4412312 - 03/23/18 12:39 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: Bohemond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Bohemond
After my usual Loop of Shame

smile

- Ice
#4412333 - 03/23/18 04:25 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Had quite a road getting there, but managed to arrive and mix it up for 20 minutes. With the rank missions working again I chained one after the other and got up to Master and bought a Courier with the intention of taking it to the CG. Had to fly around a bit to fit it out, then had to fly 150 light years to get the enhanced thrusters Then had to fly another 150 to get to the CG. With just 16 jump range all of this took a while, and by the time I reached Lyaknov I just had time to take the new ship for a quick combat spin. What a cool ship, and fastest I've flown. Got a good spawn in the high RES which is right next to the station. First ship I locked was a Conda. Couldn't stay long but piled on for 500k and turned them in. I've only broke even though as I whistled for the FDL to the tune of 500k eek so I'll have both ships there. This is a really nice BH CG with the sites so close to the station.

Originally Posted by WingNuts01
Time to make some money.... There is an Interstellar agent in the system at AKGYONOV KEEP a planetary base.

This seems like something I should know what it means smile

#4412550 - 03/24/18 11:54 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Who's in? I signed up for the bounty hunting and have all three of my fighters at Lyakhov. Last night I flew each one and ended in the 50%. This one seems to be going well, and could hit the top tier. I'm not getting the best spawns, but I suppose that's just down to the RNG. I've been hopping out and dropping in to the next one over to see if I can get a better mix of targets, but it's been mostly Winders, Eagles and Adders sort of stuff. Gotta shoot what's in front of you, but it would be nice to land in one filled with Anacondas, Gunships and Cutters for a change!

#4412696 - 03/25/18 01:01 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Pulled a repeat of the night before and flew all three ships in the nearby RES sites. Still getting mostly small-ship spawns. The best spawns are worth like 10x what the worst spawns are. So the money is luck of the draw. An Elite Conda is worth like 250k, a competent Eagle is maybe 5k. Big difference. Or maybe you guys are just shooting down all the big ship and leaving none for me smile A Clipper shot my shield away in the Courier with a rail gun and knocked me down to 15% before I could escape. That was close. If I lose my shields in this ship I have like 5 seconds to get lost before the hull is gone too.

I also did a couple of small cargo runs in the Courier to qualify for the bottom tier on the trade side of the CG. Reconfigured it to carry 16t and went and picked up some Berylium, Copper and Paladium and brought it back to Lyakhov The trade side is ahead of the combat side. When I shut down the trade side had passed tier 6 and the combat had yet to reach it. I don't have a big-hold ship yet and can't really carry the sort of loads you need to place among the upper tiers. But just a single ton will qualify you for the minimum payout, which is currently 600k and will climb maybe to near 1m before it's over. Not bad for a single source mission. If you have a Type-9 or Python or another good cargo ship there's plenty of money to be made. Python seems really good as metals are often found at outposts and that ship can land there.

#4412698 - 03/25/18 01:11 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Outposts have very limited supply and dry out really quick. The last CG I joined and brought my trade ship, the CG basically sucked everything dry within a reasonable trade distance.

- Ice
#4412701 - 03/25/18 01:27 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's a good point and I almost mentioned it in that post. I used EDDB to find some nearby Paladium as that had the highest profit and looked at the systems that came up. Sidebar: Two days ago I was flying around the galaxy and thought about the names of things in Elite. There are billions of things and all have names. Most I suppose are the procedural CPO 3 R2D2 sort of stuff. But I wondered if there was anything with Bond in it. Has to be right, with billions of things.

Well the first listed station closest to the CG is Bond Colony in the LPM 752 system. Cool! So I flew there, just a single hop and found it was undiscovered and the many planets were all 60k Ls from the entry. Not in the mood to discover them all in order to reveal Bond Colony's loaction at the time. So I've not landed there. Too bad too, because I would have probably made it my home if the arrival distance wasn't so painful (and it wasn't an outpost)

Err, where was I? Oh yeah, so I flew to another nearby system listed with Paladium and they had just 2 tons, to your point Ice. The CG clears all the nearby places of the good stuff. Gotta be quicker than that! So I had to fill the hold with other stuff which they had, plenty of copper on hand for instance, but it's worth far less. When you're doing 16t runs though, how much it's worth isn't too important, as it won't be worth much regardless. You guys that can carry 700t are much better off.

And then I noticed that I had failed to notice there is a Bond Station in nearby Petra.It had Paladium and an arrival distance of 505 Ls. Empire outpost, extraction refinery. No shipyard though. Will pay it a visit today.

https://eddb.io/station/211

#4412705 - 03/25/18 01:57 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I wouldn't bother. Looks like it has Palladium, a whole ton of it, as per the update 5 hours ago. I doubt the BGS will bring a significant amount into that station over the last 5 hours.

- Ice
#4412706 - 03/25/18 02:02 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, but it's Bond Station. I must visit. I can feel like I own the place.

Probably not a big deal to someone like you that has whole planets named after him.

Are you in the CG Ice?

#4412734 - 03/25/18 05:34 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hahaha!! I wish. Nothing credited to me in that sense yet smile

No CG for me, I'm busy doing Engineer stuff. I could do some of these while participating in the CG, it's only 155LY from my current location. Maybe bring the Python over after I engineer some weapon mods.

- Ice
#4412743 - 03/25/18 06:59 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You know, all those planets more than a fair distance from the star. Ice world. So it says anyway smile I seem to scan lots of these.

Yeah, I'd get in the CG for some easy cash. Looks like both CGs will hit top tier with 3 days still to go. Just getting in on the ground floor for each will net a couple million in bonus bucks I'd imagine. But maybe that wouldn't even cover the gas to fly the Python out there.

Decided to pay a visit to Bond Station, thought I might grab a rank up mission to burn some of this rep off, but not to be. Brought back 12t of copper for an astounding profit of 4,000 cr. I was hoping for something, I don't know, more overstated, more grand and palatial, worthy of the name.

[Linked Image]

This is what were are hunting for. Unyielding Chaos. He was worth a quarter million.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files bondstation.jpgeliteconda.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 03/25/18 07:00 PM.

#4412822 - 03/26/18 11:56 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Managed to once again fly all three ships in the CG yesterday. The FDL was the winner, but due to luck of the spawn more than anything. I also managed to get a bounty on my head, and luckily the FDL has some good speed in boost. Made good my escape and jumped out wondering what the new crime and punishment rules would mean to clear it. I think I know now why Wingy was mentioning the Interstellar agent. the one in Othime is same faction as the controlling one at the CG, so flying there to clear it you'll be wanted at that station. So I found another nearby and cleared my name. Flew back to the CG and handed in the bounties. I've turned in 14m so far, plus 56 tons of goods on the other side, hey every little bit helps! That's good for somewhere in the top 25% at this point. I looked at the news feed and the top bounty hunters for the system and there are players shown as having over a billion turned in. Is that even possible? Good grief.

I also looked at the stats for ships travelling in the system, The most is the Cutter, which surprised me. The fewest was the Cobra Mark IV. Interesting to see the mix of what the players are choosing to fly for the CG.

This shot sums up RES pirate hunting quite succinctly. My FDL watches a wanted FDL who in turn is shaking down that innocent miner. FDLs, especially the high level ones, are worth a fair bounty indeed.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files reshunt.jpg

#4412826 - 03/26/18 12:24 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
DBond,
Which GUI mod are u using? Downloaded ED profiler last nite, but couldn’t get it to work.
Bo

#4412830 - 03/26/18 12:48 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm using this one, thanks to Boomer for the heads-up.

http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

I couldn't get it to format right by pasting. I just manually edited the file through notepad.

#4412835 - 03/26/18 01:11 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Thanx, D. I’ll try that one tonite when home from work.

#4412918 - 03/26/18 06:22 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No worries Bo, hope it helps. Orange Out!

Earlier I said the min qualification would net 'a couple million', but clearly I hadn't thought it through. It goes up 100k per tier, so 800k per side max. 1.6 mil is the most you can get (aside from the bounties and trade you handed in to qualify) if you qualify for both halves of the CG at minimum level. Is this right, or does the final tier get more than a 100k bump?

This CG will certainly end early at full payout.

For a new player, all this means you sign up for the CG and fly there, taking along at least one ton of a required commodity Sell it at Lyakhov Dock. Now leave the station, get one bounty claim, and turn it in. Congrats, you are now 1.6m richer! But you have to come back at the end to collect (or pay an Interstellar agent to cash it in for you at a 25% loss I think)

I read something about the next one being a CZ sort of CG, with decals awarded for participation.

#4412992 - 03/26/18 11:06 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Just fired up Elite to see my Orange has returned. What the?

Oh well, I wanted to experiment with some other colors anyway. What's the deal with the changes not sticking?

#4412997 - 03/26/18 11:32 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

The patch may have reversed it?

- Ice
#4413010 - 03/27/18 01:03 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
New patch today? Didn't even notice. That could explain it.

Hopped back in to get some more bounties, but I'm a little burned out on that for the mo. But if I don't keep up then my standing will drop and cost me cold hard space ducats. Damn the wrongly-compelling gameplay!

#4413044 - 03/27/18 04:59 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

How often do these community goals show up and is it worth trying for nubbery half-assed irrational players at all or should I continue my current path?

#4413069 - 03/27/18 11:14 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
They're every week I think, and yes, you should sign up, especially for ones like the current one with a bounty hunt and a trade side to it. Some have different requirements, like the one last week.

I wrote this earlier

For a new player, all this means you sign up for the CG and fly there, taking along at least one ton of a required commodity Sell it at Lyakhov Dock. Now leave the station, get one bounty claim, and turn it in. Congrats, you are now 1.6m richer! But you have to come back at the end to collect (or pay an Interstellar agent to cash it in for you at a 25% loss I think)

Unless you are located very far away I'd say that it's well worth the effort. It's probably too late to make a dent in higher reward tiers, as it's almost over. But you could fly two missions and make that money.

#4413076 - 03/27/18 11:28 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: theOden]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by theOden
How often do these community goals show up and is it worth trying for nubbery half-assed irrational players at all or should I continue my current path?

It comes and goes every week or two. Whether you want to join or not would depend on 1) location of the CG from you, 2) CG rewards, and 3)what you are currently doing.

It won't do if the CG is all the way across the galaxy and might finish before you get there.
It won't do to join the CG if you don't like the rewards or can get better with what you're currently doing.

- Ice
#4413260 - 03/28/18 11:49 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well, that CG was a rousing success I'd reckon. Both sides completed early. I turned in 16.2 million in bounties and made another 21 million in rewards. Since I would be doing some bounty hunting regardless of whether there was a CG or not --as I enjoy the combat-- it's a no-brainer to get involved for the free stuff. It's like a 401k as I said earlier. Well, way better than a 401k actually! 16 million isn't a lot, nor is it a little. It takes a significant investment in time, but if you were playing Elite anyway.....

On top of this I got another 800k from the trade side for turning in just 56 tonnes of goods. How'd everyone do in the CG?

So for anyone new that wonders if the CG is worth your time, exhibit A:

[Linked Image]

Attached Files CG.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 03/28/18 11:49 AM.

#4413279 - 03/28/18 01:13 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

16M in bounty
21M in rewards
800K in trading

How many hours do you reckon you've been in the CG?

- Ice
#4413284 - 03/28/18 01:23 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well at the risk of having my time invalidated by being shown how I could have bettered my profit rate with a T-9 and hauling hops....

I don't know, I'd guess I spent 10 hours or so doing CG-related activities. (edit: it was probably more like 12-14. I have no idea!)

But before you do so, please consider that I enjoy bounty hunting, and already know it's not the most profitable venture one could undertake in Elite smile

As mentioned, I would have bounty hunted regardless of whether there was a CG or not, this just gives me more moolah for doing so. Plus, I'm part of a community effort.... OK, well it sounds philanthropic anyway.

Last edited by DBond; 03/28/18 01:35 PM.

#4413342 - 03/28/18 06:40 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hahaha... you knew exactly where I was going with this.

- Ice
#4413344 - 03/28/18 06:47 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Indeed, and you wouldn't have been wrong. I like making money in this game, because it gives me cool ships. But I don't attempt to maximize it, just make sure I'm doing OK. If I can make good money AND enjoy what I'm doing I've won smile

#4413368 - 03/28/18 09:18 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

It's gotten to the point now that I'm making good money and I'm enjoying making good money. smile Sitting at 80% Tycoon trade rank so that's 528M of 660M and I only need 132M more trade profit to hit Elite trade rank. At 4M or so per trade run, that's 33 more runs. 5 runs per hour so 7 more hours of trading.

Almost.

There.

- Ice
#4413470 - 03/29/18 02:13 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wow, that's a lot of profit. Each ranking has 9 levels, and I am level 6 at all of them (aside from CQC). I'm surprised honestly to be level 6 trader (Broker) as I just haven't done as much of that. The others are Master and Pathfinder, all are in the 20% region so I still have a long way to go.

You had mentioned Founder's World, and I see that is a place that has everything, along with a 10% discount, but is only for pilots who have achieved Elite rating. I saw on the Pilot's Federation Wiki that reaching Elite in one category qualifies every pilot for a 2.5% discount across the galaxy. So that is certainly something to shoot for. Learn a little more each day.

#4413500 - 03/29/18 03:44 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Oh, I didn't know the 2.5% discount. Must've been new?

I'm Pathfinder in Explorer (rank 6), Expert in Combat (rank 5), and Tycoon in Trade (rank 8). I'm a Duke of the Imperial Navy (rank 12 out of 14) and Rear Admiral of the Federation (rank 12 of 14), so I have access to both Cutter and Corvette. Dammit, now I'm thinking of getting a Corvette as well.

I'm Helpless in CQC though smile Shows how much pew-pew I've been doing!!

- Ice
#4414935 - 04/06/18 12:56 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
There are a few new ones. The last one I didn't care for. It wasn't well thought out It was a CZ one, and everyone waited to see which side took the lead then signed up for the same side. That needs a rethink, I think.

The current one is the standard trade/BH style, with a third in a different system. Gold is the stuff, and as a new Python owner I am actually doing more than a few token runs to qualify at minimum. The load I took to kick it off was 192 tons for over a million profit. Reconfigured at the CG, dropping the cabins, scoop and SRV for a bit to do one-jump outpost hops. Keeping the scanners and shield that's 216 tons she can hoist aboard, which isn't all that much, but far more than I could ever carry before. Plus it's gold. Found a nearby outpost with a good price and stock in Krathamani, shhh, keep it on the down low :D, reasonable arrival distance. Should be able to make a good amount of money on this CG. I'll get in a little bounty hunting too. I had my Vulture shipped over for some combat later.

Who's in?

#4414989 - 04/06/18 11:26 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It turns out that this CG is another one with no RES in the system, so you'd need to search elsewhere. I did a little hunting in two neighboring systems, but the bounties aren't accepted at the CG. Just need to find the correct controlling faction I suppose. On the plus side, the LTT 7138 system had a few high grade emissions USSs that netted some good loot.

The trade CG is going well, but the bounty side is weak, and probably won't hit top tier so maybe don't bother with this one after all.

#4415036 - 04/06/18 04:21 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Checked out systems for Bounty Hunting;
“CF 16001” A9 has 1 haz rez, A10 has 3 hi res and conflict zones
“Mehet” 2 has 2 hi res and 1 haz, Mehet 3 1 hi and 1 haz
Both are two jumps from CG.

Wingy

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4415039 - 04/06/18 04:46 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Did you turn any in? Maybe tonight I will go to Mehet and score enough for min. I saw that system mentioned at the Frontier forums, and thanks for the others. I have to at least make back the cost of the Vulture transfers. Maybe run a couple more loads for the trade CG. I was in the 75% last night, but I think you need a big hauler to really compete in trade. 200 tons a pop isn't going to cut it when there are so many T-9s and Cutters involved. The Cutter is once again the most flown ship in the CG system.

But then perhaps I will get the Asp ready for my long leap in to the void and not attempt to rise up the rewards tiers for this one.

#4415103 - 04/06/18 11:32 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good call on Mehet. Flew there in the Vulture, but it's two hops for this bird. Got a fantastic spawn in one of the High RES. First thing I battled was a 3-ship of Pythons. My Track IR wasn't working for some reason so I didn't stay as long as I would have. Cashed in 900k for the CG, and I think that included a bonus due to this system being controlled by Zach Hudson. I'm guessing 20% which is nice.

900k isn't much, but it put me straight in to the 50% due to a poor turnout for this one. Only 2000 had signed up at the time I logged on tonight. I took on a two-ship of high level Condas with no one around to help. It took so long to kill the first, that his wingman was able to get my whirlybird in his sights and shot away my freshly engineered shields and 20% of the hull to boot before I was able to dive away in to the asteroid field. What am I being shot with when Covas is saying it's a heat attack? Plasma?

#4416022 - 04/12/18 03:04 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Coming back from my exploration adventure I stopped off in Sothis for reasons, and after leaving to head to Sol I noticed Lamdba Arae was right on the route, so I couldn't help but stop by, switch to the Vulture which was still waiting there, and head off to Mehet for another go. I desperately needed some whirlybird combat after thousands of light years of honking and scooping.

After being off in the Void for 4 days I was still in the top 50%, hard to believe, and that was only with 2+ million. Added another million and should hit 50% since it ends soon.

Got 7.8 million bonus (plus 4 mil profit) from the trade side (top 75%) for 4 runs in the Python that brought in 650 tons. Easy money!

#4416493 - 04/16/18 02:35 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Maybe I'm the only one playing Elite at the mo.....

I'm in this CG too. On the bounty side it's slow going, again not a big turnout. But easy to get to the higher tiers as a result. Several RES sites in the CG system.

On the trade side I completely misunderstood and took a big load of Palladium and Silver to the CG station in the Python only to have it not count. I knew something was up when the demand was not 999,999,999 or whatever it usually is.

Turns out the metals must be mined, not purchased.

So I went off to mine some and that didn't turn out so well, so I will fail this side of the CG.

#4416502 - 04/16/18 03:13 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Is there a new one?
Would love to participate in a CG, never done that before.
But time is eaten by Cliffs of Dover and ArmA3 at the moment :S

#4416516 - 04/16/18 03:48 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Too many games not enough time Oden!

I'm on the burnout highway with Elite myself, as that's all I've played for a month.

Yes, there is a CG. You can look at the top of any mission board to see current CGs. The current one is just 33 light years from my home base, which is nice, It's fairly close to Sol if you're anywhere near there.

If you're a miner get some silver, palladium or osmium.

Or come and get a some bounties. Just a few will net you some reward money. Worth a shot anyway to see what it's all about.

I'd recommend you stick to solo mode around a CG. There are folks who will hang around in open to take advantage of all the targets.

Any questions just ask!

#4417000 - 04/19/18 04:17 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I don't know if you had a chance to check it out Oden, and it's now completed. I turned in just 4 million in bounties and made another 9 million in rewards. I like that. I totally failed the trade side.

And here's another one! I think I will concentrate on the trade side for this one. I need to boost trade rank and also need a reason to take the Python out. There is no RES in the CG system for the bounty side of the CG, so need to go afield to find the correct ones. I've heard that HIP 20638 is one. You must find a system controlled by Angeli Imperial Enterprises.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rekohu Project (Trade)

Summary

System: Blido Piru
Station: Kanai Enterprise (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 274 Ls from main star, yyy Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver CMM Composites, Muon Imagers, Titanium and Robotics
Time limit: 26th April 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

Angeli Imperial Enterprises, one of the Empire's key suppliers of foodstuffs and other consumables, has announced plans to build a Bowman-class science vessel.

The construction initiative, dubbed the Rekohu Project, will allow the organisation to increase the biodiversity of its crops. Once complete, the megaship will be deployed to the PLAA AIN Sector to research life on Earth-like worlds.

The organisation's spokesperson, Commander Blain Crighton, released the following statement:
For a civilisation with near-limitless energy and the ability to cross the stars in the blink of an eye, how is it that we still have systems experiencing famine? The Rekohu Project is an effort to change that, and to find new ways to keep even the poorest fed."
In support of this goal, Angeli Imperial Enterprises has placed an open order for various commodities, promising to reward pilots who deliver these goods to Kanai Enterprise in the Blido Piru system.

The campaign begins on the 19th of April 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

To be eligible for rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering CMM Composites, Muon Imagers, Titanium and Robotics to Kanai Enterprise in the Blido Piru system.

Be aware that faction-state changes, Thargoid Sensor-related interference and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Notes:
- Station Services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
- Prices @ Kanai Enterprise

CMM Composites: ?? Cr/T
Muon Imagers: ?? Cr/T
Titanium: ?? Cr/T
Robotics: ?? Cr/T

- Supply systems:

Latest status
Last updated: 19 April@ 15:00 UTC
Current Progress:

Global Progress: 0 tonnes delivered

Top 10 CMDRs: ?? CR
CG Participation Threshold Calculator
Courtesy of CMDR pprovart

Data entry and current threshold estimates: https://goo.gl/EQ9mrW
EDMC plug in for automated submissions: https://github.com/pprovart/CGThresholds

#4417317 - 04/21/18 08:14 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
What’s the deal with the combat side of this CG? With no RES in system, I’ve been hanging at the Nav point. Slow going! Am I missing something obvious here?

#4417320 - 04/21/18 08:23 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by DBond
There is no RES in the CG system for the bounty side of the CG, so need to go afield to find the correct ones. I've heard that HIP 20638 is one. You must find a system controlled by Angeli Imperial Enterprises.

That's what I did. I signed up, then flew to HIP 20638. I spent some time in the compromised nav there, which was really fun, but all small stuff. Good for rank, bad for bounties. There's a class III gas giant here, but I only found RES and Low RES. Managed to do OK, but not great.

#4417935 - 04/26/18 03:18 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Another CG is in the books. I didn't sign up for the trade, only bounty. Turned in a measly 4 million and got 11 million reward. Nice.

Next one's up and has plenty of in-system RES sites evidently, including Haz RES

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eliminating Agitators in Vadimo (Bounty Hunting with Decals)

Summary

System: Vadimo
Station: Sikorsky Station (Coriolis Starport, large pads available, 2,036 Ls from main star, 109.74 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Hand in Bounty Vouchers
Time limit: 3rd May 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

The Vadimo Patrons of Law, an Imperial organisation based in Vadimo, have announced plans to host an elaborate soirée in the system.

A spokesperson for the organisation elaborated on the nature of the event:
Let's be honest, things aren't great at the moment. We've got aggressive aliens on the doorstep and no one seems entirely sure what to do about it. So we thought – why not throw a big party? Give the people of Vadimo a chance to forget about their worries for a night. We want this to be the best party the system has ever seen. Or at least the best one of 3304.
To ensure that the event is a success, the Vadimo Patrons of Law have placed a kill order on wanted ships operating in the system.

The campaign begins on the 26th of April 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Bounty Vouchers at Sikorsky Station in the Vadimo system. Only bounties handed in after signing up will count toward your personal contribution total.

Please note that if you have any crew members, a portion of your bounty vouchers will be automatically assigned to them. These bounty vouchers will not count towards your personal contribution total, and your crew will receive the reward for their vouchers when they are handed in. The proportion of bounty vouchers assigned to your crew will depend on their rank.

Be aware that faction-state changes, Thargoid Sensor-related interference and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Notes:
- Decals will be awarded to participants based on the percentile bracket they finish the CG in
- Station services: Commodities Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
- Powerplay: Exploited by Zemina Torval
- Available RES in system:

will be added as reported in the thread

- Bounties that count towards the goal:
Vadimo Patrons of Law, Empire?
- Bounties that don't count towards the goal:
Federation, Alliance, other local factions tbc

Latest status
Last updated: 26 April @ 15:00 UTC
Current Progress:

Global Progress: 0 credits earned

CG Participation Threshold Calculator
Courtesy of CMDR pprovart

Data entry and current threshold estimates: https://goo.gl/EQ9mrW
EDMC plug in for automated submissions: https://github.com/pprovart/CGThresholds

#4418104 - 04/27/18 01:47 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This is a really good bounty CG system. lots of RES sites. I recommend you bring a discovery scanner (and DSS while you're at it), and also scan the nav beacon when you jump in.

I did some hunting in the High RES at planet number 1 and it was really good. Got a great spawn and turned in 3 million. Was using my Battle Python smile

CG station is about 2000 ls from star.

Available RES in system:

Vadimo 1: 1 X High RES, 2 x Haz RES
Vadimo 3: 1 x RES, I x High RES, 1 x Haz RES
Vadimo 4: 1 x Low RES, 2 x RES, 2 x Haz RES
Vadimo 5: 1 x Low RES
Vadimo 6: 1 x RES, 1 x High RES, 1 x Haz RES
Vadimo 7: 1 x Low RES, 4 x High RES

Last edited by DBond; 04/27/18 01:56 PM.

#4418989 - 05/03/18 07:48 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Greetings Commanders,

Well it's Thursday again and time for another CG. This week we're in Narri at Bobko City. Full range of pads and services with a bonus of a Material Trader here.

Narri #1; High x 1
Haz x 2
Narri #2; High x 3
Haz x 1
Narri #3 Reg x 1
Haz x 1
Narri #4 Reg x 1
High x 2
Narri #6 Haz x 2
Narri #7 Haz x 1

Bonko City is just outside Narri #2, less that 1ls from 3 High Rez sites.
Scoop up those materials and trade'm for what you need or want.

Wingy

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4419072 - 05/04/18 11:20 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Rolled in to town in the FDL. This is a great CG system, lot of RES and right next to the CG station as you noted. The mat trader is a nice touch.

I hit the 50% at the last CG, but they must have moved the goalposts on that one. It was well-attended and came way short of even hitting tier 7. Got a decal out of the deal. I'd like to see one hit the top tier for a change.

#4419558 - 05/08/18 11:27 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Spent a few hours at the CG and turned in 6+ million for about 12 m total which took me in to the 25%. Looks like this one will hit the top tier thumbsup

Is it your birthday Wingy? Happy Birthday to ya!

Last edited by DBond; 05/08/18 11:27 AM.

#4419633 - 05/08/18 06:04 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Thank you DBond. Alas I have another ring on the tree!

Last edited by WingNuts01; 05/08/18 06:05 PM.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4419673 - 05/08/18 09:27 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
I’d have wished you a big Happy B-Day last nite has I known, Wingy! Mine was last Wed, the big 50.

#4419713 - 05/09/18 02:05 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Hey, Congratulations Bo! Hope your having a great week!
69 here now.

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
#4419952 - 05/10/18 01:53 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This CG was first rate all around. Great bounty hunting system, good station, reasonable top tier and hit it with time to spare. I turned in 13m and got 21m reward for the top 25%. Did better in this one than in a long while, mainly due to the FDL I think. The mat trader was excellent too. This was also the first CG in a long time where I was still at it when it ended, so maybe that says something, I dunno. Thanks for the money and I'll be on my way smile

The guys winging up must have made a killing on this one.

#4420045 - 05/10/18 02:29 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Was only winged up for about 3 hrs or so. Ended up in the % 50 bracket, turned in somewhere around 5 million in bounties and got around 14-15 million in rewards. Was a great location, though.

#4420052 - 05/10/18 03:42 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the help thumbsup

There's a new CG up, but talk about hot then cold. This one is a prison colony system (Veroklist) 275 light years from Sol, and I looked at the system and there are no ringed planets, so probably no RES in the system. I don't even think there is outfitting and repair there. How do they choose these things? Must be random.

I'll probably sit this one out.

#4420062 - 05/10/18 04:15 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Originally Posted by WingNuts01
Hey, Congratulations Bo! Hope your having a great week!
69 here now.

Hey Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sorry I was leaving just as you were arriving the other night. I missed the 25% by only about 2 million credits or so. Maybe I should have stuck around!! But us old folks need our sleep! My birthday is coming up in July.... 63 rings on the tree....

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#4420250 - 05/11/18 04:13 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: Recluse]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Bunch o well ringed codgers we are, neh?

#4421886 - 05/21/18 11:41 AM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The current search and rescue CG is one of the easiest missions I've taken. If you have collector limpets, decent cargo space and patience you can make some good money, not to mention saving all of those lost souls. I've turned in 313 escape pods for 10+ million to place in the 25%, at least at the mo. But challenging, it ain't.

#4422121 - 05/22/18 03:02 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Not quite a CG, but could be almost as good. Frontier is doing a "Bonus Weekend" on all Trading, plus lowering the cost of Engineering mods:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/428502-Bonus-Weekend-Trade-amp-Engineering-%2824-05-to-30-05%29

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4422123 - 05/22/18 03:20 PM Re: Off to the New CG! [Re: WingNuts01]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Looks interesting. I might work on replacing the 200 mill I just spent upgrading my Python and T-9.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.