Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4406785 - 02/22/18 05:52 PM Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
I have to admit this little Ace Combat indie clone is evolving really well.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4407054 - 02/23/18 10:35 PM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
This game really looks awesome.

#4407068 - 02/24/18 12:37 AM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
Guynemer27 Offline
Guynemer27  Offline

Ontario
Sad it is just another Ace Combat clone... with such graphics, a sim lite like OverG or AeroElite on PC would have been A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...
There would be such a demand for old gameplay (Red Baron 3D, Jane's, Microprose...) with today graphics between ultra realism and arcade... come on, Guys!
Life and dynamic campaigns is what lack so many today's sim: beautiful but DEAD inside!

Nicolas GRIGNON
#4407624 - 02/26/18 07:43 PM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
If that game has VR support, I think it's going to do REALLY well. But, it is frustrating, isn't it? Combat flight sim builders seem to want to reinvent the wheel. All they really need to do is take one of those hugely popular old flight games, and run it through that type of graphics engine. That's all. I don't necessarily want complicated avioncs. I know there are the button pushers out there who love that stuff, but in DCS I fly the F-15C a lot. It's just right for me. I have the A-10C and it's very good, of course. But I have to relearn it every time I start it up and sometimes I just don't want to do that. The Eagle is right at the perfect level of complexity for me.
I probably won't get this because I want something a tad more realistic as far as flying goes. That's more important to me than buttons. I want the airplane to behave correctly. Something between this and DCS. It just doesn't seem that hard to do! I've been keeping my eye on that CAP2 Harrier game. Looks as though it's what I'm looking for.
But, yeah, this game is pretty.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4407891 - 02/27/18 09:38 PM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
Guynemer27 Offline
Guynemer27  Offline

Ontario
I think if Elite Dangerous and Cold waters can do it, there is a real market here.. my all time favorite sim was Red Baron/red Baron 2 I remember being in awe in this lively world where everything could happen... or not. Developping my career with care, living among other IA in a lively world... the first time I heard church bell when I was flying over a small town... all these small details that makes old sims priceless. If ever a developper could just bring the old back and mix it with great graphics from today, with the same care for the dynamic career and campaign than before, I would be in heaven again... Not every one have the time for ultra realistic sim, but we could squeeze some quality time for decent physics, lively worlds and "relaxed" gameplay (like the old games).

Nicolas GRIGNON
#4407978 - 02/28/18 10:00 AM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
The perfect balance would be EF2000/TAW level of avionics complexity. It would attract new blood while not being overwhelmingly complicated. I really enjoy realistic stuff (BMS4.33/DCS) but flying these old sims is quite fun and immersive. Better yet imagine Jane's Fighters Anthology with those graphics! I would play it to death.

@Guynemer - Have you tried Rise of Flight Career mode? It's reminescence of the Red Baron 1/2 campaign mode. You fly with fellow pilots in your squadron day by day. If someone dies he gets replaced by the new guy. If you get wounded you will skip few days recuperating at the hospital etc. Also I would love to see new Over G Fighters (or rather Energy Airforce 2 Aimstrike the prequel of OGF which had better gameplay) with the new and shiny graphics. Where all this old-school gameplay go?

@Pooch - while I enjoy "button pushing" in DCS/BMS I still find it fun to grab a gamepad and relax with Ace Combat style game. It's just dumb simple fun which you can get into in the same amount of time that takes you to prepare for a mission in BMS wink

#4424136 - 06/02/18 10:25 AM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
If you weren't aware the Kickstarter for Projext Wingman is live for few days now. It has already been funded (after 16 hours) and you can download the new demo consisting 3 missions and 3 flyable planes.

Project Wingman Kickstarter site:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rb-d2/project-wingman

Here's my vid of the new operation and plane included in the demo.

#4424812 - 06/06/18 02:25 AM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: damson]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'd love a Jane's Fighter Anthology spiritual successor with an engine like this! What happened to the combat flight sim devs of yore?!! frown

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4425895 - 06/13/18 09:30 AM Re: Project Wingman Alpha 0.3.5 update [Re: Guynemer27]  
Polovski Online content
Polovski  Online Content

Hotshot

Thanks Damsonit does look very good.

Originally Posted by Guynemer27
I think if Elite Dangerous and Cold waters can do it, there is a real market here.. my all time favorite sim was Red Baron/red Baron 2 I remember being in awe in this lively world where everything could happen... or not. Developping my career with care, living among other IA in a lively world... the first time I heard church bell when I was flying over a small town... all these small details that makes old sims priceless. If ever a developper could just bring the old back and mix it with great graphics from today, with the same care for the dynamic career and campaign than before, I would be in heaven again... Not every one have the time for ultra realistic sim, but we could squeeze some quality time for decent physics, lively worlds and "relaxed" gameplay (like the old games).

That's why we made Wings Over Flanders Fields, WW1 - it's designed to be old school single player very detailed historical campaign based and much more.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.