Hop To
#4399429 - 01/11/18 06:47 PM Using F22/TQS STOCK (No USB) Help  
Polish Offline
Retro Pilot
Polish  Offline
Retro Pilot

Youngstown, Ohio
Hey all!

I'm finally getting into flight sims again and reliving my glory days with the likes of Falcon, Jane's Combat Sims and some others. I never was lucky enough back then to have a setup like the TQS and F22, but now I do! I recently rebuilt an older machine (Windows 98 P4 2.8ghz with some modifications) and acquired an F-16 TQS from Syracuse NY and an F22 Pro stick from Scottsdale, AZ (God bless goodwill and craigslist!).

I have managed to track down SOME software:

• Fox 2.3
  • F22 CCC software from Thrustmaster
  • A Few Prebuilt Macros

Other software I can't find yet:

For the most part I have been able to program the stick and for the most part use it.

I'm curious about a few things and hope the community may be able to help me. I reached out to James Hallows about the Fox Pro software (not digital foxy) and he let me know that all his old stuff isn't readily accessible, but he had released everything as freeware a ways back. He suggested I check here to see if anyone may have a copy of the Pro version since he isn't able to provide it.

Additionally, I know the upgraded SWF22 sticks are pretty much the best experience with this - and Bob Church said it himself - the best way to get a hold of the chips anymore are to find them in old sticks on ebay or elsewhere. Well, I wasn't lucky enough to get a stick with the chip in it - but since Bob has since retired and I haven't found any recent posts from him anywhere as I've been researching - does anyone know if he ever did the same as Mr. Hallows and gave free reign over his programs? It would seem if he would be directing people to buy them second hand he has no intention of making any money off the product anymore (though I'd love to buy one if I could). It would be impolite to assume, but if anyone knows him could ask - or knows if he ever said - I would like to try and find someone who could "dump" the 40pin chip and avail the code to the public so we can make our own (burn our own chips). If that isn't an option or against forum rules - PLEASE let me know and I can edit this post - I do NOT want to step on any toes!

Finally, Does anyone know if a serial mouse is REQUIRED to get the eraser head to work. I don't have one but I do have a serial connection TO the computer. It is the only input I can't seem to get to register in Windows or in games.

Anyway - hope to be around more often and if anyone comes across this post and has questions on what I did to get everything working as far as I have feel free to message me!

TLDR: Looking for fox pro software to program stick, any macros someone may have built and saved for F22/TQS and if its possible to dump an SWF22 chip and burn your own.

Zach

Last edited by Polish; 01/18/18 02:58 AM. Reason: adding
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4400682 - 01/18/18 02:59 AM Re: Using F22/TQS STOCK (No USB) Help [Re: Polish]  
Polish Offline
Retro Pilot
Polish  Offline
Retro Pilot

Youngstown, Ohio
Found some information - post updated

#4402663 - 01/30/18 09:03 PM Re: Using F22/TQS STOCK (No USB) Help [Re: Polish]  
Polish Offline
Retro Pilot
Polish  Offline
Retro Pilot

Youngstown, Ohio
Still looking for a dump of an swf22 chip and the fox pro software. As of now - I'm working except for the mouse. I'm not sure if I need a true serial mouse to pass though in order for this to work or not.

#4407725 - 02/27/18 02:28 AM Re: Using F22/TQS STOCK (No USB) Help [Re: Polish]  
Polish Offline
Retro Pilot
Polish  Offline
Retro Pilot

Youngstown, Ohio
Found the SWF22 chips - they have security bit enabled. Not really possible to dump them =(

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.