Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4407262 - 02/24/18 10:21 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

At first Armour head, body and arms. Leave legs and feet with basic clothing/shoes ~ get the best armour you can afford - good stuff is lighter and more protective than the cheap tat, and is usually more charismatic and durable too.

Head especially is vulnerable (highest damage taken), body is next and arms and legs are comparatively less vulnerable (legs doubly so as they are not often reachable in foot melee) - hands and forearms get hit quite often, but even the best protection on the arms is relatively weak... so you can start with the Vambraces given in the archery contest and a decent pair of Gauntlets and not be *too* far off the best for the typical attack.

A good arming doublet is a sound investment, along with either Hungarian or Noble mail (looted from cumans/bandits of the better persuasion). Along with that a Cuirass of good Brigandine or White Harness is very beneficial if you aren't going for 'light armour' (read 'flexible').

Helmets - you want a padded coif (dark padded is probably the best, but the tan one with similar protection is only lacking the 'stealth' aspects), plus a maille coif and helm. I like the bell-shaped kettle hat in the early game but the Arching Bascinet once I am attacking bandits with that level of equipment.

As soon as possible I add maille Cuisses to my combat load as they are not overly heavy but quite 'pretty' - and add the white harness cuisses once I can afford them (prefer the Ausburg set of Pauldrons and Cuisses).

Once your combat repertoire increases you can afford to wear less protection and use combat skills to avoid injury, but at that stage you really benefit from the maximum amount of protection you can scrounge together. Get repair kits, use the grindstones on weapons before selling them etc to get your maintenance up (and to keep armour fully protective/weapons fully effective - be prepared to spend a lot of money on repairs too - later you'll be able to avoid most of the damage and injury by not being hit...)

If you are riding, then you might want to skimp on head and arm protection but to wear leg harness at the outset (and of course weight doesn't matter as much as the horse is your agility). This isn't something I experimented much with though.

A Bouche shield and hammer/mace is probably safer/easier than a sword while you are learning too btw. It is faster/surer against an armoured opponent and gives protection to you and to your armour.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4407432 - 02/25/18 09:44 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
muahuahuahhauahar

#4407476 - 02/26/18 01:40 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

I'm probably half way through it. Only real bugs I've hit are getting stuck inside houses and not being able to get out the doors as well as a few stair bugs where I have to jump to get up.

I only have a GTX 970 (decent card, but far from high end these days) and I haven't had any performance problems anywhere.

It's not perfect, but I think some reviews are overstating how bad the bugs are. Anyone skipping this game because of the bugs is really missing out.

Last edited by bonchie; 02/26/18 01:44 AM.
#4407483 - 02/26/18 02:15 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Here's to more! smile

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4407490 - 02/26/18 03:55 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I had a nice moment where I happened to find this door within the Rattay city walls. I opened it and walked through and had this gorgeous, paneramic view of the world on the other side of the wall. I love Medieval settings and the game does a nice job with the look and feel of castle and stone wall architecture. I've been in a small church too and the frescos are quite lovely. Its also kind of cool when you are boxing with someone you'll actually start to see their face get damaged.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4407934 - 02/28/18 01:45 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Careful with the plate armor early on though. You'll have to repair it which means lots of cash or a high maintenance skill.

#4408069 - 02/28/18 05:33 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
In the middle of a quest in the main story that many PC users report bugs on. After the battle with cumans/bandits at the abandoned village, you meet Radzig at a lookout camp. Well many PC users report he's never there.

For me he was. His horse too. But oddly, after we spoke, he strode off through the woods, leaving his horse behind! Got to the part were you fight the guy in red- if you've played it you know- but I had a bit of an emergency and had to quit the game. But he looked like a pincushion; I decided to use him to practice horseback archery.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4408606 - 03/02/18 09:37 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Update. Fighting that guy in red can be challenging. If he fools you into a meeting alone, hack him up before he even gets out his sword. he's slow on the draw.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4409707 - 03/08/18 11:48 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
It continues. Doing the 'Needle in s haystack' quest.

When I found out who "it" was, I clobbered him and tossed him over my shoulder, and escaped the monastery to see what would happen.

Alas, it's not effective. I took him all the way back to Sir Radzig. Or tried to. Got attacked by the guards for hauling the guy around like that. Had to kill quite a small number of them and then re-load.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.