Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4406242 - 02/20/18 03:06 AM Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
I have played 25 hours so far. On PC.

No game-breaking bugs that I can see. The ones I've seen are of the minor graphical glitch type. Custom settings, mix of medium and high. 35-60 FPS.

Everything seems to work. Am I the only one? It seems I am, judging from reports. Game is frankly wonderful so far. I am in Uzhitz. I'm even- slowly- getting better at armed combat.

Gripes:
Animal AI is way too tame
I find the item degradation system great and frustrating at the same time
AI can apparently see in the dark
Graphical issue where NPCs just waking up have a string of red discs hanging down on their upper chests
Graphical issue where in some interiors, a soft dark brown line from the wall/floor junction superimposes over everything
Tutorials in game are of limited value, at least for me. Youtube has been much better.
Henry is a bit dumb sometimes, in order to advance the story line.
Several times it has seemed my arrows pass through an enemy without causing harm. Probably just a slight graphical bug where my arrows didn't actually strike, just the graphics showed a 'false positive'.
Waking somebody up to speak with them seems impossible.
Strange graphic issue where certain NPCs have a notch in the right side of their necks.
NPCs tell me to watch it when they walk into me
Taking meat from a rabbit I killed is "stealing".
Replay value will be less than I'd like, due to the save system and the time the 'prologue' takes before the game really gets going

Some nice little things:
Henry can suffer greater injury based on lesser ones
An enemy running away when injured may bleed out and die as he flees
There's a feeling of actually getting better, not just your character can suddenly do things right
Some usually mundane ground clutter is 3D, like a branch lying in the road. Seems inconsequential until you realize it. Cleverly done.
I watched rain falling on a board for a full minuted. Looked real.
I can recognize various NPCs from a little ways off. For me it's unusual.
I have seen my opponents lose blood in a fight. Not just get a decal on them, but blood sprayed a little when they moved
Water in a stream follows the path of the stream quite naturally.

I have two big thumbs up for this game so far, overall.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4406244 - 02/20/18 03:11 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
35-60 FPS. no problems ? how is this aceptable......that is a huge dip, you should not be lower then the average you get, i heard people complaining of 10-20 fps in cities.

#4406245 - 02/20/18 03:11 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

No real performance problems but lots of bugs and some really questionable design decisions leave me with the game on the shelf for now. Im so glad I kickstarted it for 25 bucks because I'd have refunded it at full price and I cant recommend it at full price to anyone either.

Last edited by Master; 02/20/18 03:12 AM.
#4406246 - 02/20/18 03:20 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
35-60 FPS. no problems ? how is this aceptable......that is a huge dip, you should not be lower then the average you get, i heard people complaining of 10-20 fps in cities.

if you never went below your average, that would not be the "average". By definition, that would be the low range.

I see no frame drops and no issues stemming from the times I have seen 35 FPS.

However I have been raising graphics options gradually, looking for where it drops. If it drops too much, I back off. When I saw 35, I backed off a little but I saw no problems. I just happened to look at the counter and figured my latest change wasn't a great idea. Don't assume I see jumps from 35 to 60.

I have yet to try a few tweaks and tricks, like no Vsync, and a config file tweak I downloaded

I have had about 45 FPS in cities like Rattay.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4406247 - 02/20/18 03:21 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: Master]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Originally Posted by Master
No real performance problems but lots of bugs and some really questionable design decisions leave me with the game on the shelf for now. Im so glad I kickstarted it for 25 bucks because I'd have refunded it at full price and I cant recommend it at full price to anyone either.

Like what? Can you elaborate? Which design factors were a problem?

#4406283 - 02/20/18 12:37 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I do plan on getting this but not until it has received several more patches.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4406431 - 02/20/18 09:54 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Have something in Steam downloading for the game now. Looks like v 1.2.5. Small patch it seems; only a few minutes.

Will report back. Apparently I'm on point.

#4406440 - 02/20/18 10:44 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
I may be the heretic here but my gaming time is restricted so I got the Xbox One version of this and have no problems whatsoever. Did the big 21gb update and so far it's been brilliant.

#4406464 - 02/21/18 12:36 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
All seems good with PC and 1.2.5. Here, I mean. YMMV.

#4406493 - 02/21/18 04:07 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I personally am enjoying the game quite a lot but it does have problems that need fixing. My main issue as I stated in another post is with performance. I don't want to get into it here again but its very inconsistent and in my opinion its not optimized well. It really feels as though it shouldn't have been released yet. To my delight there are moments in the larger town of Ratay where the game is smooth as in a feels like a smooth 60fps. Its sporadic though. Skelitz was horrible at the beginning and still was even after it burnt down lol. So again there's a problem with inconsistency and optimization but there are moments where it starts to feel like it should. There's also textures that will fail to load for minutes at a time. Also, when I went back to Skelitz to handle the situation with Henry's parents I saved the game there when I needed to stop the game and go to bed. When I loaded the game the next day as the scene opened up. Henry's parents and all the dead villagers were all standing up, semi-levitating in that funny T-Pose.

Thankfully though I personally haven't run into any game breaking bugs so far. I'm still learning but so far combat appears to be working correctly for me. I've read others who've had things like combat stop working right among other things. It sounds like there are many PS4 customers who are having serious issues too. I could add things to the nitpicking list or list of "why did they do this or leave this like this" but you touched on some already Cid. Actually I remember one from the other night that was annoying. When walking up a set of stairs I got stuck. There was a low rafter so I thought maybe the character model was hitting it but further up the stairs the same thing happened and its all open to the sky above. The first time crouching helped me get passed it after a couple of tries but the second time I just could not get up the stairs. I eventually jerked around, crouched and tried jumping multiple times before it finally allowed me past. So yes there are some significant problems and lots of little problems all over the place in the game.

I'm with you though with giving the game a thumbs up for now but there are real problems that need addressing and I hope Warhorse is on top of it and means to correct them and continue supporting the game. I'll be curious to see what the first bigger patch brings.

I'll say it again, the musical score absolutely stellar. Right now I'm in Ratay getting ready to go under the command of the local bailiff. I just trained with Sir Ratzig's Captain. I desperately need a horse. Hopefully one will be forthcoming soon. Its a large area to go about on foot which I like but I look forward to exploring the countryside by horseback.

Last edited by Coot; 02/21/18 05:49 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4406498 - 02/21/18 05:52 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Lieste Online sigh
Lieste  Online Sigh

FWIW, I found the late game combat to become trivial because of poor balancing of damage (too high) and armour.

I've made a simple 'first bite' modding attempt, uploaded at Nexusmods, which might help keep combat interesting into the later game (similar to voluntarily selecting a weak weapon, but it applies to enemies and allies as well). NPC and player skillsets are more important than raw numbers of the 'biggest weapon'... and it is no longer easy to instantly kill 2-3 enemies on initiating combat.

Lots more to test and tweak, and I still find archery to be exaggerated in effect.

#4406666 - 02/22/18 02:21 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Maybe I do have a problem after all

I have done the training, tutorials, etc. My sword skill is 16. During initial training, I could dodge and feint easily enough.

I have been practicing with Capt. Bernard. Now I cannot feint. I cannot dodge. I have those perks.

Is Bernard just that good?

edit-

No, it's just that dodging doesn't seem to work exactly as it did. There's a timing aspect that was lost a bit with the slo-mo in training.

Feint- maybe he just doesn't fall for it.

Last edited by 462cid; 02/22/18 02:34 AM.

#4406686 - 02/22/18 04:42 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I'm not leveled up or really sword savvy yet but I had a similar experience within minutes of each other. When you first train with the Captain he teaches you about dodging. As with each lesson they make you repeat 3 to 5 times or so the tactic he's teaching. I successfully dodged his attacks as he instructed but a few minutes later when you go to the archery practice with the mayor to be kid, when he challenges you to the sword fight it appeared as though I could not longer dodge. Is it really a timing thing and you have to be super fast or is it a buggy thing? I know the practice slow mos things a bit but I'm pretty sure I successfully did a perfect block on the kid a couple of times but dodging did not seem to work at all.

#4406820 - 02/22/18 09:02 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Timing, plus it doesn't quite look the same as during training. Suddenly, I have darted to the side is how it works now. Previously, it seemed like it was a more dramatic thing.

The thing that's escaping me now is how to turn that into an attack. When it is done to me, I am out of position with my sword uselessly off in space.

When I do it, my opponent easily parries my slow, slow counter attack, Thrust or slash, no difference.

#4406843 - 02/22/18 10:26 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Lieste Online sigh
Lieste  Online Sigh

It is based on timing, the difficulty of which is based on relative stats/skills. (And the slow down from encumbrance).

Bernard is taking things slowly so you can see what is happening (and isn't *that* good either). Enemies trying to kill you to avoid being killed... well they are a bit more motivated.

Practice and it gets easier.

Later in the game, the explosion of stats, perks, equipment currently make it all a bit simple... so there is some effort being made to keep things interesting, even as you level up and gain skills. Some progression (from rank amateur) is good, but too much spoils the fun.

#4407048 - 02/23/18 09:57 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Archery contest bug- sometimes one participant will not fire any arrows. Work-around is to walk away from the firing line but this is a forfeit.

I guess I do have an actual bug.

I really am loving the game. I am in the midst of 'actually feeling I'm learning to do these things" instead of "boy my stats went up". Doesn't bode well for replay value though.

But the simple fact of making an extremely believable landscape adds such an element of immersion for me.

Last edited by 462cid; 02/23/18 10:29 PM.

#4407073 - 02/24/18 12:51 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
I had zero issues for about 35 hours with this game as far as performance or major bugs go... then my last 3 saves got corrupted all at once.

For the training I found that the master strikes were very easy, but when you get out of the tutorial for it you find out Capt. Bernard slowed things way down for you and threw my timing off. That one was the worst, but all the other training had timings that were also a bit different.

Some of the AI is a bit dumb, particularly the animals, but then again, so is Henry. Maybe that was just common in 1403 Bohemia?

As for sneaking, it seems noise is vastly more important to not getting spotted.

#4407104 - 02/24/18 07:51 AM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I ran into a very irritating bug tonight but thankfully it eventually had a simple fix. On the "Keeping the Peace" mission when you first get instructions from the bailiff, he tells you to meet up with Nightingale by the church and he also tells you to go to the armory to get a kit. If memory serves, getting the kit then and there was optional. I went ahead and did it. It was a bit confusing but you talk to a soldier and he gives you a few pieces of gear. Well I ended up missing the time to meet Nightingale so I did some other random stuff for about two in game days. I finally went to go meet Nightingale at the right time and I even put on all articles of my kit before I began talking with him. The first thing he says is something like "you show up for duty in that?" He then tells me "Didn't they tell you you need such and such?" Go to the armory and get a kit. Well that got me confused as I thought I already had. So here is me wasting another twenty minutes going back and forth to the armory and then Nightingale as there is nothing in the armory that I can get. All chests are locked and I would be stealing to get into them. No guards have dialogue options either. I went onto Steam forums to see if anyone else had an issue and someone said there are two guards sitting and one will talk with you and give you a kit. I tried that but no one would talk. Plus I'm just so confused as I already got the kit earlier on. By this time I had taken off my stuff for whatever reason. I remember another dialogue option with Nightingale was something like "I'll just use what I have on". So I decided to put the "kit" I was given earlier back on and went back to Nightingale to see if I could just say "I'll just use what I have" and get the mission progressing. When I walked up to him and talked with him again, all of a sudden he says something like "Ah now that's better". So it was the NPC that not only did not recognize that I already had the kit but he also failed to recognize that I was wearing the freaking kit right in front of his face!!! So after the fact I discovered that all it took was simply to undress and then redress in the kit and then he'd recognize it. banghead I'm liking the game very much but this was annoying as heck. I sure hope there's not too many more quirks like this because something so simple that should not have passed the quality control testing before releasing wasted a half hour of time and irritation for nothing.

I'm discovering that dodging for me is actually working. I'm still not in any sword fighting situations but I've done some boxing matches and I was able to dodge one of the guys quite a few times. I was also able to pull off numerous perfect blocks that create that slow motion effect on the same guy. I tried boxing him immediately again for coin however I failed miserably because my health and therefore stamina was locked to a lower level because of my previous injuries and it was impossible to dodge or block. He just destroyed me so I think it all has to do with you and NPC level of skill and level of injury+stamina status that can really effect your ability to pull off these moves.

#4407200 - 02/24/18 06:49 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
On a lighter note, I just took an arrow to the thigh (not the knee). And then I turned into a pincushion on horseback and died. But so far, it's almost starting to get fun! smile

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4407221 - 02/24/18 07:55 PM Re: Only one with zero problems in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? [Re: 462cid]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
I suck at sword fighting, so I'm keeping to my bow and riding in circles around bandits and such pelting them with arrows.

I need to find what is a suitable armor for level 6 to wear - all my carrying capability is used for my armor (I wear everything I can biggrin ). I really need to reduce it so I can move faster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.