Too difficult to understand, he may have but I wouldn't know biggrin

- Ice
#4408623 - 03/02/18 10:36 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Well, thekingofstyle (John) has jumped into TS3 and confirmed that it's a mic issue with Oden as I can hear John very clearly.

- Ice
#4408624 - 03/02/18 10:59 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

haha DBond, you know your Swedish smile

I now sport a MkIII and have 1.4 mil bucks, holy future!

Seriously Ice, this is very much appreciated - you spent wealth and more valuable, 2 hours of you spare time, friday time even!
(or was it 3 hours, took forever smile )

Will check what's up with my soundblaster just incase we join forces again.

#4408626 - 03/02/18 11:03 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: theOden]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by DBond
Yes, sorry. Resource Extraction Site. When I speak of bounty hunting, it's not for the missions you can choose. I tried one of those and after many hours of flailing around the galaxy, I think I managed to get like 2 of the required kills. Far too difficult to actually locate the intended targets.

When I speak of bounty hunting, instead I mean entering RES sites and engaging ships marked Wanted. The higher the hazard rating of the site, the bigger and more valuable (and more dangerous) the Wanted ships will be on average. I tend to look for those marked High as the best mix of profit and peril.

These are the areas you should be bounty hunting in my opinion, and is a fun, quick way to earn some ducats. It's not too difficult to rack up one or two million credits doing this for an hour. You can only redeem the bounties in systems where your target was wanted, but just check every time you dock if bounties you're holding can be redeemed there. As Oden said, these RES sites will be found near bodies with rings, gas giants with asteroid belts. The more pristine the reserves, the more miners and the more bandits! Ships will be there mining, and the bad guys are there to pirate the miners, and you're there to take out the bad guys. It's the dogfighting arena of Elite Dangerous. Here's a guide I found, not sure if it's still accurate.

Great info, I'll give it a go. I've seen a resource site around me somewhere. I know because I had an emergency abort before crashing into the ring. Can't afford to look away for long. LOL

Originally Posted by theOden

RawK, sorry if we hijacked your thread smile

It's all good info and I'm the LAST person you should apologize to about a hijack. LOL
I hijacked myself talking about X3! I've got that going now with the Star Wars mod and some nice scripts.
Gaming is SET for quiet a while now between these two.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4408658 - 03/03/18 02:51 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Star Wars mod is best mod. smile

I got 16 traders pumping cash for me. Haven't played in a while but a trader fleet is well worth the effort to establish.

#4408667 - 03/03/18 04:38 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
That will be fun when I figure it out. I’ve definitely got some cheats going, but I figure that if I speed up the pace of the game a bit I might not burn out quickly this time.

On Elite, I got tired of the docking when dealing with one of those borg-looking stations. Discovered a docking computer and it’s been really fun. Very 2001 with the music kicking in. LOL
I was going to do more hunting warrants, but I kept running across good paying delivery and salvage missions that were quick and easy money, sometimes with bonuses. Slightly over my rank, but so far no trouble. If I could quit upgrading my ship I’d be further along. Also discovered I have an Eagle stowed somewhere. Not sure how. I seem to take them out pretty well so I’m not that eager to hop in it.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4408668 - 03/03/18 04:39 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Should I pick up the dlc season pass?

#4408692 - 03/03/18 01:26 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by theOden
haha DBond, you know your Swedish smile

I wish. I just googled common Swedish phrases and picked the ones that would seem funny, if you were saying these things to Ice smile

The SAP serves another satisfied customer. Well done Ice thumbsup

How do you like your new Command Oden? The worm has definitely turned for you my man.

Sgt Elias agrees

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/270b1b53-2428-4097-a513-84aab2054b0a

I have an Eagle stowed somewhere. Not sure how. I seem to take them out pretty well so I’m not that eager to hop in it.

This might be my favorite ship, if all you did in Elite Dangerous was fly around. But I didn't have much success in it. It seemed a great idea to buy one for bounty hunting. But more often than not I would need to bug out due to damage. It's made of glass. But it has my favorite cockpit and can dance around anyone. The trouble is when the one you're dancing with had already brung a partner or two. I ended up selling it, along with the Viper, when I bought a Vulture.

I hope to hear how yours and Oden's first trips in to RES sites goes.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4408719 - 03/03/18 04:45 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
That's a problem with Elite. The smaller ships are /too/ weak vs. the more expensive ones. I'd rather the game have an eclectic mix of ships where they're all equal but different so player skill plays an even bigger role. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when a Cobra MK IV could take down a Fer De Lance(I did so many times vs other human players), but once the devs realized it was possible, they nerfed railguns into the ground making it impossible again.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 03/03/18 04:45 PM.
#4408731 - 03/03/18 06:07 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I'm having a good time in my Cobra DBond, thanks to Ice smile

Planned to go and show some wanted NPC's how cool guns I have but no joy.

Tried some mining just because (having 4 gun slots I have 1 pulse, 1 GAU-8 (yeah, right), 1 phase and 1 mining laser just for occasions like this).
But despite having a pickup drone I ended up with only 1 chunk to sell back at base, not sure I'm doing this right.

I get "unprocessed" stuff into cargo bay and when I open right menu to check whats up I see some name and a percentage, lack from better knowing I click on it and it goes away from the list but I don't seem to get anying into my cargo slots.
Sometimes there's a line saying "refined".

Didn't have to do this in the training mission for mining.

I'll go out and chase some NPC's again, really want to use my guns a first try.

#4408732 - 03/03/18 06:39 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I've not done the mining, so cannot advise.

I'll go out and chase some NPC's again, really want to use my guns a first try.

Go get 'em. For what it's worth, try to find a RES site in the sun, not on the shade side of the planet, easier to spot the AI ships. I would choose the one that has no rating, just RES (not High RES, Hazardous, etc) until you see how things work in there. Hang around the beacon, but not too close, and scan all newcomers. Shadow the Wanted ones and gang up on 'em with others.

Your hold is empty, right? smile

#4408747 - 03/03/18 09:38 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I ended up running across some good paying, no failure fee salvage missions. Got some good money. Then I was offered one at about $250k above my rank. I took it anyway, avoided an interdiction, snatched up the cargo and ran. LOL
Paid for half of my Viper IV! Parts are pricey and not many shared with my other ships, but I have enough without risking my insurance. I'll build up again and get a Cobra, then I hope to get an Asp Explorer.

#4408756 - 03/03/18 10:40 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Was a nice return to Elite last night. Got jumped a couple of times by AI pirates and ran from them for the most part but when I linked up with Oden and there was one in the area, I had to fight him or else he'd just hound us all night. Nice to see I can still fight and damn proud having done it in my Asp fit too (2x MC, 4x lasers).

The newbie ran out of gas too so had to bring a fuel limpet along smile Was cool using it though; it was my first time being a fuel transport!

Finally cleared enough Palladium to give Oden a good start and while he was in awe of the 1.4M credits (plus around 400K value in the Cobra fit), I had to bust his bubble by showing him that that money alone was just a single 4A FSD module for the Cobra. On the bigger ships, a whole fleet of kitted out Cobras may only be the value of a A-rated thruster setup frown

Might be good to play this game again, get more stuff for my Cutter and maybe get a Fed Corvette too, but going back to "500 miles wide but an inch deep" isn't really very exciting for me. I do look forward to flying the ships in VR though. Dogfighting in VR is just awesome!

- Ice
#4408785 - 03/04/18 02:33 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
You guys probably know this stuff, but this is a brilliant channel. The other new guys may benefit from the tips, but it’s funny regardless.
I’ve heard about the 7second cut down, but the 75% tip was new to me and it’s been a major game changer. No more loop of shame unless I’m picking an angle!

#4408808 - 03/04/18 10:59 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

LOL... never heard of it it being called "loop of shame"! I did make sure Oden knew about this. smile

Does anyone actually fly with Flight Assist off?

- Ice
#4408817 - 03/04/18 12:40 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Thank YOU Raw, best list since Rommel left North Africa!

And yeah, Good to know it's called Loop of Shame hahaha (blushes)

That return to orbit might come in handy when I start trying to use my SRV, not really sure what to do with it yet (only tried it in training mission).

#4408836 - 03/04/18 04:59 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I got the dlc but haven’t tried a landing yet. Loving the extra space in the viper but going to be expensive kitting it out properly. I think most will transfer to the Cobra later, so it isn’t a waste.
I do wish there was an autopilot for some of this, seems like that would be realistic. Maybe if it was at least usable for previously visited systems.

Can you not search for all systems on the map? I was trying to find that system with the good prices but it didn’t come up.

#4408938 - 03/05/18 11:17 AM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Good prices for? If you want some cheap ships or modules, go to a Li Yong Rui system (spell check!).... which one? You'd want a high population High Tech system. Certain ships and modules are available in non-High Tech systems but not very often. A good High Tech system will have all or 90% of the stuff you'd want. Might be best to use INARA for this.

- Ice
#4408972 - 03/05/18 03:24 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I was thisclose to firing this one up again yesterday. But it was my son's birthday, and with all the little rugrats running around I never did get to it, and when I finally had time I instead guided Port Vale to a 17-match unbeaten run that has taken us to the top of the table. Back to back promotions? A possibility, yes.

err, yeah, what's that got to do with ED? Not a thing. But it's hard to think of running a load of cobalt to the corners of the galaxy when the glory and prestige of the Championship beckons biggrin

Anyhoo, did you guys try the RES site bounty hunting yet? How did it go?

Not long ago, and maybe in this thread even, someone had mentioned a promotion sort of thing where Fed rank requirements were dropped for a short time and you could purchase their ships regardless of your standing. Is this sort of thing announced ahead of time? Are there any of these sorts of things on the horizon?

#4409005 - 03/05/18 06:20 PM Re: Question about Elite [Re: DBond]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

err, yeah, what's that got to do with ED? Not a thing. But it's hard to think of running a load of cobalt to the corners of the galaxy when the glory and prestige of the Championship beckons biggrin

It's hard to think of watching overpaid millionaires running around when the glory and prestige of size-6 A-rated modules beckons biggrin biggrin biggrin

Not long ago, and maybe in this thread even, someone had mentioned a promotion sort of thing where Fed rank requirements were dropped for a short time and you could purchase their ships regardless of your standing. Is this sort of thing announced ahead of time? Are there any of these sorts of things on the horizon?

AFAIK, there is some heads up on these as it's usually tied to a story or some such in the game. No idea if there's another one coming though.

- Ice
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.