Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 550 of 608 1 2 548 549 550 551 552 607 608
#4403998 - 02/07/18 02:44 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) **** [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

It is still winter here too. 19.5 F this morning as I drove to work. Interestingly there was hardly any ice on the windows of the car to scrap. It must have been a very moisture free air. Perhaps when it is so cold, moisture disappears?

I've caught a mild case of "go" fever, watching the SpaceX heavy launch. I'm very pleased that E. Musk wants to make space exciting again. I want to watch bigger ant better rockets, and I'd dearly love to see humanity venture on an expedition to Mars.

It is good to hear that you have confirmation regarding the cause of your recent PC scare Roger. A few days after I read about it, I saw an article somewhere describing a problem that would affect a user's PC in the manner you described. I must admit that I quickly forgot what the article said I'm afraid, so I can't relay the contents of the article to you.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4404028 - 02/07/18 04:57 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

We enjoy 55°F. / 13° C. this morning at 10:55 AM. The gray sky is mostly cloudy with occasional moments when the sun peeks out and, thinking better of it, draws the c;loud curtains closed again and goes back to sleep. Chilly still but far better than 19°.

MG:

I have had Malwarebytes free version on all my computers. This is the first computer (and my first laptop) that I have subscribed to and installed the full, paid, version on. As I have mentioned in previous posts, there are those in the tech industry that I trust that are saying AV and AM software is no longer necessary because OS and browsers are so much more robust these days. They bring their own strong protection.

Some of these savvy people even suggest AV and AM programs are pathways by which determined hackers can insert malicious code into the deepest innards of our computers. Obviously, from the problem I had Saturday, they can also wreck havoc. In that aspect they are themselves dangerous.

The winter weather you describe in your last two posts is more like what I previous;y thought winter was always like in your area of the world. Cold,dark days with the barely visible sun low on the invisible horizon. Snow falling upon snow until everyone but the snowplow drivers sat hunkered down inside their warm cottages, listening to the howling winds, sitting by roaring fireplaces, watching TV, computer screens or snow falling beyond a curtained window. Silly, what you can assume without actually knowing. After meeting you, only then I became aware that our weather can be quite similar.

I never thought much about the weather in Wales until Dux moved there. I watched so many Westerns I always felt I had a good bead on the weather down in Texas. Hot, dry and dusty in summer, cold, dry and dusty in winter. Silly me. Texas is so big there is no way you can hope to so easily describe the weather at any given moment. Perhaps this realization is one reason why I usually simply say that I know hardly anything but I do suspect quite a lot. winkngrin

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4404217 - 02/08/18 04:35 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Ya'll,

It is amazing what our subconscious minds can do. I am sure that applies to more than dreams. But that's a drive-by sentence to be explored later.

You mention your impression of Texas weather. it's similar to my first impression of it driving westward, with tumbleweeds racing and then crossing the road in front of me pushed by a dry wind. You can still drive in a straight line for eight hours non-stop at high speed and never leave the state. Only done that in California, Florida and Texas. Surely it can be done elsewhere in the States?

Years later, moving from Shreveport to the Dallas area I had not paid much attention to the humidity until my sister came down to visit from NYC and helped for a couple of days to put down a yard in a new house.
Up to then I had thought it was a bit drier until she mentioned how humid it was. Of course, it was June.
But she was from Long Island, which isn't known for its dryness!

The sun is shining again, so maybe I can get outside and get some work done as soon as it gets warmer than freezing.

#4404246 - 02/08/18 06:47 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Fittop:

Normally, my mind could often be described as 'unconscious', definitely sub-conscious. smile

The tumbleweeds! Of course. I knew I left something out of my description of Texas. Something ubiquitous to Texas in all 1950's westerns. That would certainly be black and white 10 gallon hats, nickle plated six shooters in beautifully tooled duplex (double) holsters, comic relief sidekicks and, always those wind driven tumbling tumbleweeds. Remember that hit song "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" by Foy Willing?

That brings to my cluttered mind those worry free summer hours of refreshing cold air, icy soft drinks, salty, crunchy popcorn, cheering kids, a pregnant darkness, sticky, slanted floors and a big, silver screen. A time when for a quarter any parent could buy several worry free hours of complete relief any Saturday morning knowing their kid(s) were safely and happily occupied. What a bargain. For some, I suspect 25 dollars rather than 25 cents would have been well worth it.

I grew up when all young boys wanted to go to Texas and ride the range like ( in no special, order) Hoppy, Roy Rogers, Lash LaRue, Randy Scot, Wild Bill Elliot, Gene Autry, Tim Holt, Johnny Mack Brown ( I met him once), Rex Allen, John Wayne and many more were all my Saturday morning heroes.

Though Alan Ladd was never considered a "western" star, per se, he did star in what I think is the best western so far made 1953's "Shane".
A classic for sure. One I can watch over and over and enjoy it each time. This is subjective, you may have your own favorite.

Q: How Did The Cowboy Ride Into Town On Friday & Ride Away Three Days Later On Friday?
A: The horse's name was Friday! winkngrin

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 02/08/18 07:01 PM. Reason: Premature ejectulation

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4404393 - 02/09/18 05:12 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

At 11:30 AM it is 48° F./ 9°C. We can expect weekend daily high temps in the 60's F.up to 74°F, by Sunday. A short warm up.

Perhaps we should be more worried about Global Cooling than warming? I read an article this morning that seemed to indicate this. Scientists studying the weather have reported that by 2050, (you'll need to dig me up and tell me about it) our sun is expected to be unusually cool. It’s what scientists have termed a “grand minimum”, or a particularly low point in what is otherwise a steady 11-year cycle. I call it the "Sun Spot Cycle" because it affects radio transmissions and that used to be an opportunity for long distance communication via my radio transmitter.

An intense cold snap between 1645 and 1715 has been dubbed the “Maunder Minimum.” One especially cool period in the 17th century that guided the research. During that time, in England, the Thames river froze over. The Baltic Sea was covered in ice, so much so, that the Swedish army was able to march across it to invade Denmark in 1658. You best keep your eye on those sneaky Swedes, MG, as 2050 draws closer. winkngrin

#4404503 - 02/10/18 02:09 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

It is still wintry here.Yesterday I experienced the blue screen of death, after performing an update directly from MS update. Well done Redmond. Can you possible mess up more?

We are expecting to learn of the demise of the Prince Consort Henrik any day now. He is hospitalized with lung infection and being 84 years old the feeling is that this is going to end in a Royal Funeral. I bet the TV stations are already lined up to cover the event when it takes place.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4404529 - 02/10/18 04:56 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

I woke in a fog this morning. OK, LeRoy, that in itself is not all that abnormal for me. However, this fog extended as far as the eye could not see outside my bedroom window.

It is 11:30 AM and the fog has burned off. Yet the sky remains mostly overcast. The sun is pressing his face through the clouds as best he can and the high for today could be, should be 67°F. The temp at the moment is 57°F. / 14° C. Tomorrow, we still expect the high to be in the mid 70's F.

The flu is killing up to 4,000 Americans daily. It is approaching pandemic proportions but has not officially been named so.

MG:

I hope HRH pulls through. I say that although that might be a tragedy for the media greedy for news in your kingdom. I am sure they will quickly regroup and make just as big a spectral of his miraculous and unexpected recovery. The media is an animal with an insatiable hunger for news whether it is "fit to print " or not these days. I suspect most of that is our own fault. We have our own hungers to satisfy and the media works day and night to fill us.

Media ads:
How many times have we heard, seen or read this one?
NEW AND IMPROVED?
Consider this:
If something is new, it couldn't have been improved. If something is improved, it can't be new. ??? winkngrin

#4404619 - 02/11/18 04:14 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks:

Most of you know about Yeager , Anderson, and Hoover. No, LeRoy, not President Hoover. Here is the YouTube link for what I think is a definitive interview with the man Gen. Chuck Yeager says is the best "Stick and Rudder" man he has ever seen, Bob Hoover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqcDy2R67c

#4404649 - 02/11/18 03:25 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Gentlemen.

Freezing rain in the area and present temperature is 23F. Not a day to be playing outside. Just glad we normally don't have to gather firewood now.
Do miss a fireplace insert that we could cook on and in which one stick of wood would keep the house warm most of the night.
That was back in the 70's- '80s when we also invested in storm windows. They seemed to be unheard of for a while in this area until they became the rage.
An additional benefit was how much they cut down the outside noise.
I think most double-paned windows do not meet that standard or hold their seal as long.
But did stay at a Frankfort airport hotel in a room almost overlooking the ramp with great double-pane glass window insulation.
You could not tell there were jet engine starting outside your window.

Did enjoy the privilege of seeing Mr. Hoover perform a few times; the last two in that North American Commander. Wow!

#4404663 - 02/11/18 04:41 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

We have an 11:00 AM temp of 71°F. / 22°C here this cloudy, blustery Sunday morning. The wind has been blowing all night and continues today as the air warms. Right now, we have a 10 MPH wind whistling past my open bedroom window. It frightens the cat.

Fittop:

We seem to have opposite weather this morning. I've long noticed a connection between our weather and the weather of Texas. In winter when the jet stream snakes its way down to the Lone Star State that often has brought snow our way. Yes, you are correct LeRoy, it only does so in winter. Recently, the weather you reported we experienced less than a week later.

The Russian Blue cat who lets me call her at least 3 versions of Zeena according to her current state of grace, is clearly wishing I'd close the window. I do not mean to distress the cat. It was getting stuffy and too warm in my room last night so I opened my window. The inside temp, with the heat turned off, was a toasty 74°F. Not too hot but I prefer a cooler temp of around 69°F. for sleeping.

The night time temp for sleeping is considerably cooler than the ambient ambient temp rises to when listening to that kitty practice her opera lessons when she is in heat. As you once wisely observed, my grandchildren keep me supplied with timely items like the following:

Q: Which is faster, heat or cold?
A: Heat, because you can catch a cold! winkngrin

#4404675 - 02/11/18 07:02 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Snow today although the temps are just above freezing, so it didn't yield much in terms of lasting. Still it feels cold. The wind must be in the right, i.e. wrong direction. The bedroom will be plenty cold tonight.

Thanks for the Hoover link Roger. I've heard of Yeager for sure but Hoover, I thought that was the make of a vacuum cleaner.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4404687 - 02/11/18 08:34 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

MG:

Or the big dam perhaps. I've seen Bud Anderson and Hoover at air shows but never together and never got to speak to Hoover. They are all three great men I admire.

The Winter Olympics continue in S. Korea. This photo concerns me..... ;D''

Attached Files FB_IMG_15183769137041.jpg

#4404763 - 02/12/18 05:09 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

We have another overcast and breezy day today. Our current temp at 11:30 AM is 67°F. / 20° C. with a cool 6 MPH breeze blowing from the NW.

This Russian Blue cat that is not especially particular about how I spell her name can be naughty but at times she really pleases. Today, she has come to terms with the wind as it no longer whistles or howls. Something outside the open window caught her eye. I watched as she reared up on her hind feet and stretched her neck so she could see outside without jumping in the open window. She stood there for quite some time apparently balancing effortlessly.

She reminded me of a Meerkat with a much shorter and less ringed tail. Does that skill come naturally or was it learned, I wondered? I can certainly see how that ability would help her finding prey or catching sight of danger early. She even walked a step before dropping to all fours again. Doubtless all cats do it.

I had not witnessed the balancing act before. Standing on two feet with head above the tall grasses was one thing that surely allowed us to be such successful hunters after coming down out of the trees. Tall is good. Alas, I have never been tall. My tenth grade homeroom and drama teacher was also short. She was the first female to graduate from North Carolina State and proud of it she was too. When asked how tall she was she would invariably answer, "Why I am not tall at all.... I am 5 feet short. winkngrin

#4404773 - 02/12/18 07:03 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I hope the Consort Prince is not suffering in his trials.
There is a YouTube clip named Bob Hoover's Last Air Show which shows his maneuvers in the North American Commander. I remember he'd get out of that airplane in suit and tie after thrilling us to a sweat; him looking all cool and collected and us watching relieved to see the aircraft and pilot safe and sound.

Had I not watched the local PBS channel last week I would be looking up 'what is a Meerkat?'. Yes, I seem to live in a cave.
Not watching the Olympics much either, I hope that does not border on treason.
The jump slide did look steep to me, but the events in Brazil last year finished making the Olympics a must-see event for me.

Zeena still going through the opera-practice sessions? Managed to crack the windows the almost-70 degree afternoon that was gifted to us last week but the local feline seemed to be too comfortable without a cool breeze intruding to commandeer a window as usual.
Looking forward to the one day it will be warm this week, but meanwhile I should get going setting up the income tax papers.
Ah yes, and finish setting up the controls in Blitz.

#4404777 - 02/12/18 08:13 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

I sense that spring is slowly announcing its arrival. It may not be imminent, but certainly days are getting longer, the light acquiring something, .... springy.

The Royals are reported visiting the Prince Consort daily, just about the entire family and the PC's brother and sister are also reported on their way to the sickbed. The media are not informed in detail other than the condition is serious. As per protocol, the next official message would be about lost consciousness although some doctors speculate that that has already happened. It would be a blessing. No need for the man to suffer more.

On less serious matters, my two year old Lenovo tablet seems to have given up the ghost. It has been switching off at random and been hard to revive for the last day or so. Now it is not only unresponsive and with a black screen, it doesn't seem to be charging. I feel a new tablet coming on!

And in other news, London Airport is closed down due to a 500 pound WWII bomb being discovered in the vicinity of the Thames. Perhaps some of the cordite has leaked into the water. Certainly the latest shipments of Châteaux Thames Embankment have tasted a bit different.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4404961 - 02/13/18 05:17 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Another cloud shrouded day here just considerably colder. Our current temp is 42°F. / 6° C. under solid overcast. The cat is going nuts trying to see the birds she hears gossiping about the poor flying weather up on the roof above her. A few big crows have flown by the cat TV (window) but most flights seem to have been cancelled this morning.

Happy Valentines Day tomorrow.
I used to give my late wife a dozen red roses on Valentine's Day. It really should have been on EVERY day. Then it became just one long stemmed red rose. She never seemed to notice how thrifty I had become. To her, it really was "The thought that truly counted."

Her favorite flower was not the rose but always the Daisy. A simple flower, yet so beautiful. That was her as well. There was a pop song years back titled "Give Her a Daisy a Day". A melancholy song of true love and remembrance. Now and then I'd pick some Daisies for my wife for no particular reason other than I saw them by the path. I knew how big her smile would be when she saw them. Usually, that was when old Chief (the rescued K9 trained Belgium shepherd) and I went on one of our long, therapeutic walks. When I see a Daisy or hear that song today I always pause and think a long while of her.

I suspect I've saved Dux's hide many times, when he was married, by reminding him of important holly days, anniversaries, birthdays etc. over the years right on these very pages. Remember what I typed the other day about how to never forget your wife's birthday ever again? I typed from my own sorry experience, "Just forget it ONCE." Well, Dux was spared that experience as far as I know.In truth, I doubt he ever really forgot an important date in his life, yet he always seemed to appreciate the heads up.

I see Remington Firearms has or is filing for bankruptcy. They are an old and respected company. Strangely, after all my days of shooting, I did not know they were a NC based company. Hopefully, filing chap. 11 will give them the relief they need to regroup and get through this industry wide slump in sales.

They lost market share after the tragic Sandy Hook killings with the Bushmaster. Then there was a recently settled lawsuit due to mfg. defects in some products. There was a huge boom in gun sales during the election when it appeared Clinton might win. There were rumors that tighter gun laws would follow Clinton's election. Apparently, with that risk abated sales have fallen off quite a bit since Pres. Trump's election. Some slices of society have shown a marked increase in sales however. The LGBT community, afraid of backlashes due to Pres. Trump's policies, have shown a large bump in gun sales, or so I've just read.

AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE FROM THE OLD MAN

An old Mafia Don is dying and he called his grandson to his bed. "Grandson, I wanta you to listen to me. I wanta you to take my .45 automatic pistola. Do dat so you will always remember me." "But grandpa", said the lad, "I really don't like guns, how about you leaving me your heavy, gold Rolex watch instead?"

" You lisina to me boy, some day you goin' a be runna da business. You goina have a bootiful wife, lotsa money, a big home and maybe a couple sweet bambino. What iffa somea day you goina come home and maybe you finda you wife in bed with another man?"

" Whata you gonna do den mista smarty? Pointa to you watch and say, "TIMES UP"?" winkngrin

#4405176 - 02/14/18 06:24 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

That big, hot, shiny thing 93 M miles up in the sky that I haven't seen much of the past few days is riding high again. The temp right now is 49° F. / 10° C. It is 11:05 AM.

Happy Valentine's Day Fellows

The ancient Romans may be responsible for the name of this holly day. Emperor Claudius II executed two men, both were named Valentine, on Feb. 14 (in different years). Somewhat later, their martyrdom was honored by the Catholic Church with the celebration of St. Valentine's Day.

I dunno just how the religious celebration came to be as it is today, more of a celebration of love to please miladies sweet tooth, benefit florists everywhere and keep Russel Stover employees pay checks coming. It was Richard Cadbury who actually created the first commercial heart shaped box of chocolates way back in the late 1800's. Imagine how many heart shaped boxes have been sold since then. I wonder how many marriages and babies were the end result, as well.

I could never figure out by the shape of a piece of chocolate what anything would taste like in one of those red boxes. Lord knows I had plenty of experience with them to memorize where everything good was hiding. Some boxes of chocolates now come with a handy visual guide to what each chocolate covered confection contains. I could have used that when I was young and handing several red boxes of chocolates out every V Day.

Sadly, when I was offered one of those pieces of chocolate from a box I had given someone, I inevitably picked something I did not especially care for. Something I would have discarded without another bite. And lest I indicate I'd given a box of poor quality, I had to smile brightly and eat it anyway. For instance, I did not care for peppermint and some of the odd nougats. It is a mystery to me how I managed to miss all that tastier stuff completely surrounding what I usually picked.

Life can be the same sometimes. Forest Gump got it right about "life being like a box of chocolates." You never know what you are going to get." I still don't know. winkngrin

#4405489 - 02/16/18 05:44 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

A pleasant warm up today. We have 74°F. / 23°C. at 11:50 AM this Friday. It may even be warm enough to turn on the A/C depending on the humidity. That must increase as a light rain is predicted after 5 PM. We will not get out the water skis and duck fat sunscreen just yet as we expect high temps in the 50's over the weekend.

Fittop:

I like the new Firefox better now. In fact, I am using it this morning.I found they have a few more extensions. It still loads much slower for me than Chrome. Mentioning Chrome, I understand Google is partnering with Getty now and plans removing drop down menus from its photos to slow down viewers downloading them. How far can these huge companies like Google, Microsoft and Adobe, who seem to think they are so large they know better than we do what we want, defy safely their customers desires before we rebel in some way?

OK, their stuff they make may be free and it is on all our computers, in some cases purely by choice, but it remains legally theirs intellectual property and they can do with it what they may. I do not deny they may know what is best for them. I do not deny they may even know what is BEST for us.

What they apparently do not always know is what we actually want or what features we do not want. Some features may even be so important to us they are game breakers. So much so we will no longer use their product. This is what I did with Quantum Firefox, mainly due to the losing extensions dear to me for ages and a dearth of extensions available for the new version to replace the functions of the old ones. FF isn't there yet but it is seemingly moving in the right direction as third party extensions become available.

For me, Chrome is still better. Internet Explorer has effectively finally been shunted off to the side and killed. Edge IMHO should be mercifully euthanized as well. I've tried Opera and had no problem with that on my phone but Chrome improved and I went back to that.

OK, I have actually used Internet Explorer last year......
but when I did, it was to download a different browser.;D

#4405524 - 02/16/18 08:11 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Sad to learn about the latest shootings. sadder still, that these tragic events keep unfolding.

The only course of action for us not directly involved, cynical as it is, is to get on with our lives......

But other news pale and lose significance in such circumstances .

The Prince consort was 82 and passed away Tuesday. Funeral is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. The electronic media have gone into carpet-bombing mode; all available and unavailable timeslots are taken over by live coverage of proceedings.

Last night we had a couple of centimetres of snow but since it has been thawing all day, all of it is already gone.

A re-installation of my tablet seems to have cured it of all its ailments. During the time it was sick, I revived my trusty old Motorola Xoom with Android 4.1.2 and even succeed in finding a browser which worked fine and did not crash, like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Dolphin and all others did. The magic browser for Android is called Via and it is tiny in footprint and very simple in use. Kinda like my kind of software.

Roger, if you are still not fond of them, you are welcome to pass the peppermints and nougat chocolates to me. I shan't complain. Much.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4405592 - 02/17/18 03:24 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

MG:

Yes, there is a lot of hatred, madness and intolerance still in the world. There always has been, one way or another. The death of any child is always so tragic and the murder of a child is such a horror it seems that only madness can possibly be the cause of it. Yet man survives in spite of himself. We should take steps to identify such sick mad men or women before they get a weapon of any kind in their possession. They should be identified and places where they can be treated and they cannot so much as pick up a stone. People were killing each other when only a stone picked from the ground was available as a weapon.

I was sorry to read of the death in the Danish royal family. As you have pointed out, it was expected. I hope that HRH was made comfortable during his illness and did not suffer.

Ha. I do not care for peppermint and chocolate together it is true. I do however like peppermint in other confectionery forms as in candy canes and peppermint hard candies. What I really made a face when I bit into one was more likely to be a chocolate with cream filling, especially the orange or lemon cream. Yet I do enjoy both oranges and lemonade, lemon pies or lemon drops.

Send your mailing address and the next time I am unlucky enough to bite into a retched peppermint filled chocolate, I will happily mail it to you. winkngrin

Page 550 of 608 1 2 548 549 550 551 552 607 608

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.