Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4389331 - 11/12/17 08:01 PM FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available.  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

All Flyable Bombers is now EAWPRO! This because I have no good memories about the previous name and because I feel that current AI now rival human players in terms of behaviour.

Since I have no access to my FTP site I have asked Mark EAW to host the latest FXEXE files. It's been tested to fully work with the AFB download on my website and applies to ONE Launchpad members only!, since we use a more advanced version for testing purposes:

[url]http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/FXEXE_LATEST.zip[url]

Just overwrite the files in the above download and follow the instructions in the ReaMe, or just add the upgrade to your standalone FXEXEv1.0 install.

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/gax9qg30ukxc43j/EawPro.zip[url]

Most significant changes are:

Some bugfixes
New canonfix
Even more agressive AI (hence EAWPRO)
Reintroduced slightly altered MaxView routine
New bailout routine
Revised sound system
More ingame sounds
Quick missions will use TimeOfDay setting under [NETOPTION]
Computed gunsight
Accumulated blackouts by loss of control under heavy gforce, beware!
More realistic crash behaviour
Further improved effects
and more!

Further optimised code currently stands at:
29.050 adress changes of which 6.500 bytes were removed from the gameloop, resulting in higher FPS.

I hope you guys like, smile

VBH

Here's a slightly updated EAW FXEXE Patch Help Document I should include. It mentions most of the changes VBH has made to the game:
https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-fxexe-patches.html

Last edited by MarkEAW; 11/12/17 11:47 PM. Reason: added EAW FXEXE Help Doc Link
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4403141 - 02/03/18 12:56 AM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
All Flyable Bombers is now EAWPRO! This because I have no good memories about the previous name and because I feel that current AI now rival human players in terms of behaviour.

Since I have no access to my FTP site I have asked Mark EAW to host the latest FXEXE files. It's been tested to fully work with the AFB download on my website and applies to NONE Launchpad members only!, since we use a more advanced version for testing purposes:

This replaces the previous version at Mark's website and now contains the
following cumulative improvements:

Some bugfixes
Graphical improvements to some 3DZ models
A new engine start routine with a few extra's
Offline Autopilot 4 engine start
(start 1 and 2 then hit autopilot to start 3 & 4, optional switch autopilot
off when all running)
New canonfix
Even more agressive AI (hence EAWPRO)
Reintroduced slightly altered MaxView routine
New bailout routine
Revised sound system
New Airraid alarm
More ingame sounds
Quick missions will use TimeOfDay setting under [NETOPTION]
Computed gunsight
Accumulated blackouts by loss of control under heavy gforce, beware!
More realistic crash behaviour
Further improved effects and some more thingies
Fully compattible with current Launchpad version

Further optimised code currently stands at:
32.100 adress changes of which 6.400 bytes were removed from the gameloop,
resulting in higher FPS.
==========
To install over the last release EAWPRO version 1.0, just extract the ZIP
into your EAWPRO1.0 folder and overwrite what's old.
==========
To install over a working clean 1.2 install:

download and unzip FXEXE basic into your EAW gamefolder available here:
https://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/FXEXE_LATEST.zip

Just add/overwrite the files/folders in the EAW game directory when asked to
replace/overwrite.

Next do the same with the EAWPRO upgrade available here:
https://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl
Happy hunting, I hope you guys like, smile

VBH

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/17/23 11:17 AM.
#4403177 - 02/03/18 11:12 AM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

RECTIFICATION:

Mark informed me that the new version's download URL isn't the same as the old one, due to how Mediafire works.
My orignal post was modified with the new URL. Sorry for that.

VonBeerhofen

#4403366 - 02/04/18 03:51 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Good Show VB capturing it now

Russ
Semper Fi
#4404891 - 02/13/18 11:13 AM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
A couple of questions wink
The "FXEXE_LATEST.zip" generates two exes, "eaw.exe" and "Theo.exe"
The "EawPro1.0.zip" generates another "eaw.exe".
Running any of them gives a mainscreen with "FXEXE1.0" as the ID in the bottom left corner, and they are all the same size
I guess that the EAWPro version is the one in the "EawPro1.0.zip" , but I am wondering if there is an error in the upload?

The second question is about multiplayer.
In 1.28 and later I changed the code so that the launch button is active with just the host and no other players present
This makes it possible for a player to test the multiplayer set-up, and I found it to be really useful.
I did not need additional code. From memory it was a matter of changing a ">1" to a ">0" or something like that.

wink Jel

Last edited by MrJelly; 02/13/18 12:26 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4404977 - 02/13/18 06:37 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

THEO.EXE accidentally found it's way into "FXEXE_LATEST.zip" and may be slightly earlier or later. Both will work without the EAWPRO upgrade, however the files in the EAWPRO ZIP supercedes all the previous files and THEO.EXE will probably no longer work, so it can safely be erased after the addon was incorporated. When I regain access to my FTP site these two versions will be turned into a single download but it may take some time before I can do that.

VonBeerhofen

#4414335 - 04/02/18 05:42 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Another EAWPRO upgrade has been sent to Mark EAW, who'll post the dowload URL shortly.

Most important change is a bugfix for a tile anomaly in the terrain, which only came to light thx to Russ Watson's feedback.
Some videocards, the D3D Windower and Glide mode would show a black hole or a wrong drawing for one of the terrain tiles, this problem has now been fixed.

Install instructions for the update are the same as before: either allow the upgrade to overwrite files on any previous install of EAWPRO.

Or install http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/FXEXE_LATEST.zip from my FTP over a full install of v1.2 and add the EAWPRO upgrade to that, allowing overwrites.

Glidemode may also not portray my UHR skysets properly for some reason, in D3D mode they look phenomenal. The quickest fix for this is to install an older skyset over EAWPRO, available from OAW versions or download from my FTP site:

https://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/LPDLindexS.html

Sorry for any inconvenience,

VonBeerhofen

#4414345 - 04/02/18 06:48 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

#4414348 - 04/02/18 07:48 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Well I'll report my M8 Vb has gotten rid of the black boxes I've always had and things are looking good...And took Jellys advice set height and width to 0 in windower ,,What I didn't know was the startup screens are small but the game kicks in full screen..I always tried adjusting things after seeing the menu screens..For me it's all flying solid and I'm happy..Learned two good things today

Russ
Semper Fi
#4417049 - 04/19/18 10:12 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

The EAWPRO tilemap got further enhanced. App. 50 mayor cities were placed and some 25 longbridges were placed near mayor cities where I felt there would have been river crossings. These are NOT historically accurate locations as it was impossible to find historical information. I did try for the cities but didn't get much further then placing the Dutch cities, as I couldn't find a map which could be used to act as a template. So the other cities were placed wherever not much was going on and where I could find room for the 2D city designs. For Holland the cities of Haarlem, Utrecht and Rotterdam were accurately placed and Arnhem was given a long bridge to far. The 1.2 city of Rotterdam wasn't in the right spot as it is more where the Hague.is (also a mayor city and the current political centre of the Netherlands).

Also a few corrupt .MSN files in the savedata folder were fixed. I can't say if these may have caused some issues or not, I just spotted the mistakes and fixed them. Players may have corrected these files themselves by selecting a new target or airbase for these missions as it wasn't so severe that it would have caused a CTD. It did however influence our online missions.

It's all been done with more diversity in mind and I hope you forgive me for not being able to stay historically accurate. A new EAWPRO update will be send to Mark EAW who hopefullly can find the time to replace the previous update with this one and give you a download URL.

Install of the update package is the same as before: either allow the upgrade to overwrite files on any previous install of EAWPRO.

Or install https://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/FXEXE_LATEST.zip from my FTP over a full install of v1.2 and add the EAWPRO upgrade to that, allowing overwrites. It is adviced to copy/paste the entire game directly from the CD onto your C: dreive, instead of following the usual install procedure. The FXEXE_LATEST.zip contains all the neccessary updates to v1.2 NoCD/NoOS and should work over a 1.1 or 1.2 version.

VonBeerhofen

#4417153 - 04/20/18 03:52 PM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

UPDATE 4-20-2018 EAWPRO
Read VBH previous post for instructions to add these files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aomrbj7f9eqzlf4/EawPro1.0.zip

#4420170 - 05/11/18 01:19 AM Re: FXEXE / EAWPro Update Now Available. [Re: MarkEAW]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

The above mediafire link is going away soon. No more eawpro at my mediafire account.

The new current version will be announced for download soon as well by VBH.

Go here for the EAWPRO archive download link and information.

https://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-fxexe-patches.html

Last edited by MarkEAW; 05/28/18 08:02 AM. Reason: added link.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.