Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4400899 - 01/19/18 02:20 PM Thank you OBD and Modders  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I just wanted to say "Thank you" to OBD for all of the incredible work they have put into OFF/WOFF UE over the years. I have been flying missions in "hardcore" mode for the last week or so - meaning no labels, no tac, no zoom, stick with whatever mission I am given, etc and it has been a truly great experience. I literally unmapped the keys for labels, tac, zoom, ect so that I couldn't cheat in a moment of weakness! But no matter how anyone flies it, there's no denying that the amount of attention to detail that has been put into WOFF UE is amazing and certainly far beyond what I would have ever hoped for when I first started looking for a new WWI sim all those years ago. (I found out about OFF during phase II - Thanks to Capt. Sopwith for sending me the CD!) Even more exciting is that the devs have said they still want more to come. They are still not finished expanding and filling in more details for the world of 1914 thru 1918. How awesome is that? I have no doubt that the number of hours I have sank into OFF/ WOFF UE rivals my time spent in even the most addictive of MMORPGs. The experience is just that good and just when you think you've seen it all, WOFF UE still manages to throw surprises at you. So thank you, OBD. I really appreciate all of the hard work that you have done.

And thanks to all of the dedicated modders that we have in this community as well! Lou, Jara, 4L0M, 77 Scout, Geezer, Mr Wiggins, Panama Red, Olham, Buckeye Bob, ArisFuser, Burning Beard, OldHat, Nibbio, Ankor, Bucksnort, Creaghorn, Duke IronHand, Bletchley, Rick Rawlings and anyone else I may have neglected to mention. It's been like "the Golden Age of Mods" since OBD switched focus to WOTR. More airfields, clouds, forts, skins, terrain, flight model options, mission editor etc than you could hope for. I think of all of you guys as Unofficial Developers because there's no question that the WOFF UE experiences are enhanced because of all the work you've done.

After all this time, I am still flying WOFF UE and still enjoying the hell out of it. Thanks, guys. I'm grateful for what we have and excited about what's yet to come.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4400909 - 01/19/18 03:12 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Hear hear, I find that nothing else quite scratches the itch like WoFF for full immersion in a combat flight sim. It's like being in a cult but instead of koolaid, sneakers and the promise of eternal life they give you mods, a ton of old planes and the promise of a very short but exciting life! I'm not sure what I enjoy more, the game itself or the way it stimulates my imagination. The way things play out when you go "full hardcore" has such an authentic feeling to it that I haven't experienced before which lends itself to all kinds of possibilities creatively as well as being about as much fun as I can handle with my pants on.

I watch your videos quite often Hellshade and I would be interested to know what your workshop settings are, you seem to get into some very impressive scraps.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4400920 - 01/19/18 03:46 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Hellshade

You left out the fact that your impressive videos in no small way stimulate interest in WOFF. You are, no doubt, one of the senior promotion guys!!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4401023 - 01/20/18 02:51 AM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by Hellshade
I just wanted to say "Thank you" to OBD for all of the incredible work they have put into OFF/WOFF UE over the years. I have been flying missions in "hardcore" mode for the last week or so - meaning no labels, no tac, no zoom, stick with whatever mission I am given, etc and it has been a truly great experience. I literally unmapped the keys for labels, tac, zoom, ect so that I couldn't cheat in a moment of weakness! But no matter how anyone flies it, there's no denying that the amount of attention to detail that has been put into WOFF UE is amazing and certainly far beyond what I would have ever hoped for when I first started looking for a new WWI sim all those years ago. (I found out about OFF during phase II - Thanks to Capt. Sopwith for sending me the CD!) Even more exciting is that the devs have said they still want more to come. They are still not finished expanding and filling in more details for the world of 1914 thru 1918. How awesome is that? I have no doubt that the number of hours I have sank into OFF/ WOFF UE rivals my time spent in even the most addictive of MMORPGs. The experience is just that good and just when you think you've seen it all, WOFF UE still manages to throw surprises at you. So thank you, OBD. I really appreciate all of the hard work that you have done.

And thanks to all of the dedicated modders that we have in this community as well! Lou, Jara, 4L0M, 77 Scout, Geezer, Mr Wiggins, Panama Red, Olham, Buckeye Bob, ArisFuser, Burning Beard, OldHat, Nibbio, Ankor, Bucksnort, Creaghorn, Duke IronHand, Bletchley, Rick Rawlings and anyone else I may have neglected to mention. It's been like "the Golden Age of Mods" since OBD switched focus to WOTR. More airfields, clouds, forts, skins, terrain, flight model options, mission editor etc than you could hope for. I think of all of you guys as Unofficial Developers because there's no question that the WOFF UE experiences are enhanced because of all the work you've done.

After all this time, I am still flying WOFF UE and still enjoying the hell out of it. Thanks, guys. I'm grateful for what we have and excited about what's yet to come.

It seems you and I are thinking alike these days, Hellshade! I too am embarking on some new, hardcore missions. I tick the tac on just long enough to see my formation position and then its off. The change it makes in the game is massive. I'm glad I could introduce you to what is, arguably for myself, the greatest hobby I've ever had. I'm about hit twenty years since I picked up Red Baron II and began this crazy journey into WWI flight. I still can't get enough of it. The community here is second to none - it's one of the reasons I keep coming back here year after year! Those names you mention are a hall of fame of folks - some of whom I've known now for over a decade and some... I'm looking at you Panama, probably closer to two decades!

Just ordered a new monitor - nothing fancy but anything will be an upgrade over the decade old antique that can't display color correctly. Looking forward to the slightly higher resolution and to see WOFF UE how it's meant to be seen, in vivid, sharp detail. Looking forward to posting a massive number of new screenshots soon.

This sim just keeps getting better and better and one day... somehow, someway, I will get a pilot through to the Armistice!

Cheers mates! Hope all of you are doing well!

#4401031 - 01/20/18 04:59 AM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
He was doing wonderfully and then...an engine fire due to mechanical failure. Not an enemy plane in sight and close enough to see his own airfield. Brought it down alive as fast as he could, but died of his injuries anyway. Just 22 days of front line service. 37 hours flying time and 4 confirmed kills. He was a credit to his country. RIP Jack Reynolds.

Attached Files Deceased- Jack Reynolds.jpg
Last edited by Hellshade; 01/20/18 05:30 AM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4401192 - 01/21/18 02:05 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by Hellshade
He was doing wonderfully and then...an engine fire due to mechanical failure. Not an enemy plane in sight and close enough to see his own airfield. Brought it down alive as fast as he could, but died of his injuries anyway. Just 22 days of front line service. 37 hours flying time and 4 confirmed kills. He was a credit to his country. RIP Jack Reynolds.

I am sorry to hear about Reynolds... I lost mine as well. This time, 24 RFC chased a three-ship flight of Eindeckers about 15 KM into German territory. One by one, the Eindecker would bank and roll and a few DH2's would give chase. I hung back until the final EIII rolled and then chased with my wingmen. As he rolled and banked, I turned to follow and...

*BAM*

Slammed into my own wingman... both of us dead instantly. Left to watch his plane fall to the ground. Three missions.

So... on to an American in the Esc LaF in early 1916 with a Nieuport 10. Perhaps he will fare better... we shall see.

#4401256 - 01/21/18 08:52 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
rtoolooze262 Offline
rtoolooze262  Offline

Mo. USA
I too thank all the devs and modders as no other sim gives you that immersive feel that WOFF UE gives! For the last couple months I've been playing hardcore myself and it just opens it up to full immersion. And that's why I can't wait for WOTR!
I mean, for now sure I sometimes pop in to Il2 '46 BAT and it does a good job......for single missions. And for me, it gets a little stale and boring after a while. Nothing against that fantastic sim, its awesome for multiplay. But for a single player dynamic campaign, its not there.
Not like the campaign in WOFF. I really feel like I'm in the Great War trying to survive and get some glory in the meantime. My latest British chap was flying in enemy territory, did a good job in the furball that ensued, shot down one plane and damaged another before turning for home
with damage of his own. Managed to get in sight of his airfield when he was jumped by 2 enemy planes and quickly died in a fiery crash! What a SIM!!!!!!

#4401580 - 01/23/18 08:39 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
WallysWorld Offline
WallysWorld  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Let me add my kudos to the modders as well. They really make the game shine and their time and effort is greatly appreciated.

#4401632 - 01/24/18 03:28 AM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Wally, haven't seen you online here before but I know you have been on SimHQ for some time. Welcome!!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4401708 - 01/24/18 08:45 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
WallysWorld Offline
WallysWorld  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Thanks, Robert. I visit the forum a lot, but I don't say much as you can see by my number of posts.

#4402305 - 01/28/18 11:06 PM Re: Thank you OBD and Modders [Re: Hellshade]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Great post Hellshade,i also want to thank OBD,and all the modders past and present that continue to make this THE best single player sim ive ever played...Thanks guys

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse