1. Footloose by - Kenny Loggins 2. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams 3. Almost Paradise (Love Theme ''Footloose'') - Mike Reno, Ann Wilson 4. Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler 5. Dancing In The Sheets - Shalamar 6. I'm Free (Heaven Helps The Man) - Kenny Loggins 7. Somebody's Eyes - Karla Bonoff 8. The Girl Gets Around - Sammy Hagar 9. Never - Moving Pictures 10. Bang Your Head (Metal Health) - Quiet Riot 11. Hurts So Good - John Mellencamp 12. Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner
1. Magic - Olivia Newton-John 2. Suddenly Olivia Newton-John, Cliff Richard 3. Dancin' - The Tubes, Olivia Newton-John 4. Suspended In Time - Olivia Newton-John 5. Whenever You're Away From Me - Gene Kelly, Olivia Newton-John 6. I'm Alive - Electric Light Orchestra 7. The Fall - Electric Light Orchestra 8. Don't Walk Away - Electric Light Orchestra 9. All Over The World - Electric Light Orchestra 10. Xanadu (Xanadu Soundtrack Version) - Olivia Newton-John, Electric Light Orchestra
Wife liked the movie and I already had the soundtrack (8-track then LP [cool how there's an ON-J side and an ELO side]), so I finally watched the movie at her place. Meh...prefer the music only.
I dunno, ON-J has always had this innocent sounding charm I was attracted to, also heard in "Grease" (one of wife's favorite soundtracks)...
My personal top 20 film soundtracks of all time. Yes this list is very sci-fi heavy.
1. Empire Strikes Back 2. Blade Runner 3. Dune 4. Star Wars (original) 5. Predator 6. Alien 7. Star Trek: The Motion Picture 8. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 9. Tron 10. The Blues Brothers 11. 2001: A Space Odyssey 12. Amadeus 13. Raiders of the Lost Ark 14. Superman (the one from 1978) 15. Close Encounters of the Third Kind 16. Braveheart 17. Glory 18. Moulin Rouge 19. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 20. Return of the Jedi
- Blade Runner (Vangelis) - Star Wars IV-VI (John Williams) - The Rock (Hans Zimmer) - Highlander (A Kind of Magic by Queen (not really a soundtrack, but who cares, it rocks!)) - The Wall (Pink Floyd) - Tommy (The Who) - Les Miserables (hey, it's a movie too!)
1. (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley And The Comets 2. Sixteen Candles - The Crests 3. Runaway - Del Shannon 4. Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers 5. That'll Be The Day - Buddy Holly 6. Fanny Mae - Buster Brown 7. At The Hop - Flash Cadillac & The Continental Kids 8. She's So Fine - Flash Cadillac & The Continental Kids 9. The Stroll - The Diamonds 10. See You In September - The Tempos 11. Surfin' Safari - The Beach Boys 12. He's The Great Imposter - The Fleetwoods 13. Almost Grown - Chuck Berry 14. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters 15. Little Darlin' - The Diamonds 16. Peperment Twist - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 17. Barbara Anne - The Regents 18. Book Of Love - The Monotones 19. Maybe Baby - Buddy Holly 20. Ya Ya - Lee Dorsey 21. The Great Pretender - The Platters
1. Ain't That A Shame - Fats Domino 2. Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry 3. I Only Have Eyes For You - The Flamingos 4. Get A Job - The Silhouettes 5. To The Aisle - The Five Satins 6. Do You Wanna Dance - Bobby Freeman 7. Party Doll - Buddy Knox 8. Come Go With Me - The Del-Vikings 9. You're Sixteen-You're Beautiful (And You're Mine) - Johnny Burnette 10. Love Potion No. 9 - The Clovers 11. Since I Don't Have You - The Skyliners 12. Chantilly Lace - The Big Bopper 13. Teen Angel - Mark Dinning 14. Crying In The Chapel - Sonny Till & The Orioles 15. A Thousand Miles Away - The Heartbeats 16. Heart And Soul - The Cleftones 17. Green Onions - Booker T. & The M.G's 18. Only You (And You Alone) - The Platters 19. Goodnight, Well It's Time To Go - The Spaniels 20. All Summer Long - The Beach Boys
Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., and The Hunt for Red October are among my tops. But I wanted to highlight a particular moment in the E.T. sound track that I remember when I saw the movie for the first time. I was so awestruck that for just several seconds I felt myself slip out of the story and simply thought to myself how awesome that was. It happens at approximately 2:40 on this clip - it is the very moment when E.T. looks up at a particularly huge tree and sounds amazed.
It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Valdez that thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion.