Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4399069 - 01/09/18 03:25 PM Tecno-thriller, free-to-read collaboration of SimHQers!  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
So ... over the Dec break I had some lovely quiet time and managed to combine a couple of passions ... writing and flight sims. I started playing around with an idea for a future-warfare book set around AD 2030, for which I would need some good air combat scenes. So I jumped onto DCS World (Flaming Cliffs), creating various air-air and air-ground scenarios and flying them for inspiration. Not the usual AAR material I know, and there is no actual DCS content used (screenshots etc) but maybe you'd like to read along as I put the results of the various dogfights into novel format!

My idea is to publish the eBook and generate some sales that can be donated to support SimHQ. A lot of SimHQers pitched in and helped out with technical details, proofing and plot points! So here it is, you are welcome to download this early draft version here. The final version will no doubt be quite different...

[Linked Image]

Here you choose from ePUB or MOBI version for eBook readers, PDF for tablets or PCs. Excuse any typos and small formatting errors, you are getting this first draft hot off the press!

LINK TO BOOK HERE
https://dl.bookfunnel.com/g4fdazides

The link above will redirect you to my Bookfunnel distribution page, where you can get the book sent to an email address. Don't worry, the email addresses are NOT sold to spammers, I will use them to make a mailing list so that I can keep you up to date on news about the project such as the final release date! The next step from here will be to rewrite it, incorporating all the good advice received over the past weeks, edit, proof and then lay the book out for eBook and print publishing. How long will that take? I estimate it will be ready in time for summer holidays unless RL gets crazy.

I hope you will support the project by spreading word about the project far and wide as the objective here is to raise money both for SimHQ and charity. You can send this page link to friends so that they can also download an advance copy.

And thanks again to those who read along for a lot of fun along the way!

(c) 2018 Fred 'Heinkill' Williams, writing as Tim Slee. Other books available here!

A couple of disclaimers/explainers:

a) this was just for fun. Any glaring technical errors pls feel free to still point them out or have an opinion: technical points/debates, advice from vets etc welcome right up until the book is published (and afterward too)!

b) my idea here was to explore the idea of what a future war involving UCAV and piloted aircraft could look like if the war fighting potential of the UCAV was taken to an extreme. So none of the weapons I'll refer to here actually exist yet, which is also part of the fun. What I have done is look for any reports/data on 'next gen' systems and then just used my imagination together with dogfight inspiration from a few hours in Flaming Cliffs.

Cheers and all original content in this thread is

(C) 2018 Fred 'Heinkill' Williams, writing as Tim Slee
https://www.amazon.com/Tim-Slee/e/B079XYK2K2

[Linked Image]
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4411278 - 03/18/18 11:20 AM Re: Tecno-thriller, free-to-read collaboration of SimHQers! [Re: HeinKill]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
And the first draft is complete! Download today using link above...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.