Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4392649 - 12/02/17 03:58 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Believe me when I say I am happy hes finally enjoying his purchase. There is far too much defence of The developers while the customer is somehow demonized when they voice displeasure. This is supposed to be a community, you cannot build a community while ostracising those who voice justifiable complaints. I wish everybody would get value for their money, that is what builds a community, that and empathy. the truth is, wether you believe it or just refuse to acknowledge it not everybody does feel they have recieved value for their hard earned money. That is not their fault. Happy flying kaboki.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4392690 - 12/02/17 04:52 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: 159th_Viper]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by 159th_Viper
Originally Posted by - Ice
I also fail to see how enjoying the F-86 means buying everything they sell? Surely enjoyment of one module does not mean you'll enjoy every module....

Why does it matter to you how he spends his money? Or what he flies? Or what Sim he flies to the exclusion of others?

Common decency dictates that you’ll take his word for it and not question his intent. Really man, that tone is just argumentative.

Why does it matter TO YOU what questions I ask?

To clarify, all I'm asking is that he explain the logic of his statement. He liked the F-86, okay, fair... but how does enjoying the F-86 lead to buying everything ED sells? I ask for the logic in the statement, not the justification of the expense.

Common decency --- I took his word for his statement that he enjoyed the F-86, I did not question why. Maybe you should learn how to read properly and not inject "tone" into everything you read and do not like.

Common decency --- why not take my post as asking questions and not question my intent of asking questions? Pot calling kettle black?

Welcome to you as well. This is after all a discussions board where more than one participant to every discussion is allowed, yes?

You respond to me a few times and all of a sudden you're an expert on "discussion" boards.... I'd like to see how long you can keep this up before resorting to the "it's not what you say, it's how you say it" excuse to start ignoring challenges again.

Or is there a secret club of posters? Outsiders not allowed?

Obviously not. You're here, aren't you?

It's crap like this that has been allowed to continue for far too long over here. As I said, be prepared to be called out on it.

This may be a proper discussions board where discussions are allowed and that's fine - got no problem with that. It's the content of some discussions and the manner in which some elect to conduct themselves in said discussions that I have a problem with.

I thought you said you'd stop flexing.... guess not? Also.... /starwars voice/The irony is strong on this one!/starwars voice/

Originally Posted by Johnny_Redd
Your post
Common decency dictates that you’ll take his word for it and not question his intent

Then you follow that up with questioning myself and others intent.

Johnny, the rules obviously only apply to us and are expected from us.... but not from others. Careful what you say now or you'll be called out on it!! smile

You address me AGAIN so I am obliged to respond:

Interesting.... I wonder why you've not felt the obligation to respond to my other posts? biggrin

Originally Posted by Johnny_Redd

Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Credibility, truthfulness , decency or Brains; you dont need any of those."

Your personal insults as noted in the above quote have been reported with the 'Report' tab.
I would kindly request that you remove the text from your posts, posts past and if it is your intent, future.
It's not necessary.
Thanks smile

Hit a nerve there, Viper? Maybe you should start exhibiting credibility, truthfulness, decency and brains and we can all have a proper discussion.

I will agree with you that BS needs to be called out, but as you said, prepare to be dissected and holes pointed out. The irony is that after making that statement, you have yet to stand up to being dissected and having holes pointed out.

Comes around to the same thing every time: It's not what you say: It's how you say it.

OMG, this again?? What are we, kindergarten?

- Ice
#4392698 - 12/02/17 05:13 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Good work there Viper, got my thread locked with your shenanigans

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4392750 - 12/02/17 07:40 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
It was just a temporary lock.

I did some cleaning in this thread, also, I just elected to forgo putting a temporary lock in place while I did it.

Carry on, folks.

#4392784 - 12/02/17 10:18 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: CyBerkut]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
It was just a temporary lock.

I did some cleaning in this thread, also, I just elected to forgo putting a temporary lock in place while I did it.

Carry on, folks.

Cleanup appreciated, CyBerkut!

- Ice
#4392938 - 12/03/17 01:10 PM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: - Ice]  
kaboki Offline
kaboki  Offline

Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by kaboki
A few months ago i would have joined the haters and bashed ED to pieces, saying I would never buy anything from them again. I was at a point where I just hated everything about DCS and the slow process off getting to 2.5 and other problems.

But a few days ago i decided to try DCS again in lack of something else to play, and i fired up a plane i once bought but never used and tought i would never be intrested in, the f-86 sabre. Joined the korean server, after the first intense dogfight with a mig15 I was mindblown, what a rush, most intense moments i ever had in a flightsim, made me forget about the old ugly terrain and all other things that had bothered me about DCS. Im now back to being a fanboy, buy everthing they sell, the sabre sucked me back into this sim again and im hooked.

I am happy that you've found your fire for DCS again. I wonder why you say "lack of something else to play" though? I guess you prefer the Korean War era aircraft?

I also fail to see how enjoying the F-86 means buying everything they sell? Surely enjoyment of one module does not mean you'll enjoy every module....

Lack of something else to play means im just worn out on all my other games, and also my other sim Il2 bos suddenly wont accept my HOTAS warthog...

Now i prefer korean aircraift, before i was more into the more modern ones but i found that the korea era had alot to offer than i had imagined(still fly modern combat too). I also bought the p51 long time ago, but never really was into it too much and only lately been starting to like ww2 on DCS. Thats why i now decided to just buy everthing in DCS, because I know sooner or later im gonna get intrested in those modules even if im not right now.. Actually i have pretty much all modules already except the arcady fc3 planes, wich I never will buy, I feel they belong to a different game...

Heck, Im even gonna buy that yak haha, hope all this gave you the explanation you needed, english is not my native language so i sometimes have difficulty explaining things... In short, all modules I have bought have really never dissapointed me in the past, so i guess any module I buy in the future probably would have the same level of quality I always got before with DCS modules. Offcourse there are some modules I dont buy, like the hawk, i always read the reviews and wait a little so the modules mature a little out of early acces. Every thing from ED, Belsimtek, razbam, leatherneck has for me been excellent products. That VEO..somthing im very sceptical about😜

Last edited by kaboki; 12/03/17 01:23 PM.
#4393051 - 12/04/17 12:02 AM Re: A letter from Eagle Dynamics [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Thank you for your explanation.

I still don't see the connect between "I like the F-86 in DCS" and therefore I will buy everything on the DCS stable. Do you like Russian helicopters? Do you like American helicopters? Do you like aircraft trainers? These are all very, very different from your F-86, yet you still went ahead and purchased them. It's like saying "I like the Need for Speed game by EA" so I go and buy other EA games such as FIFA, Star Wars Battlefront, NHL, and The Sims.

However, it is your money so I hope you enjoy those modules smile

- Ice
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.