Hop To
#4392700 - 12/02/17 05:17 PM Google Password reset  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
What a pain in the gluteus maximus.

This is the second time in three months they have locked me out of my accounts. The first time I went through their hoops to recover the account it worked, even though I should have never been required to recover it since I was using the correct password and they even sent me an email telling me that I was using the correct password but they weren't going to give me access to the accounts because they didn't believe it was me!!! screwy

This time around even when I got their account reset code number via email, TWICE, they refused to give me access to the accounts saying they still didn't believe it was me. After that I even tried using an old pw to see if that might trigger something and I get an error message telling me I changed the password three months ago. Every single recovery option is a circular reference that takes you back to the recover account option that hasn't worked and I can not find a way to get live help to solve the problem. At the moment their recovery option is the worst I have ever encountered. Plus I should never have been required to use it in the first place in either instance since their system knew I was using the CORRECT password!!!.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4392710 - 12/02/17 05:46 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Make that three times they have refused access to the account with the recovery verification number now. banghead

Google Verification Code

Dear Google User,

This email address is being used to recover a Google Account. If you initiated the recovery process, it is asking you to enter the numeric verification code that appears below.

If you did not initiate an account recovery process and have a Google Account associated with this email address, it is possible that someone else is trying to access your account. Do not forward or give this code to anyone. Please visit your account's sign-in & security settings to ensure your account is safe.

"Recovery # redacted"

Sincerely,
The Google Accounts Team

After using the number I get this refusal to open the account.
Couldn't sign you in

Thanks for verifying your email.

Google couldn't verify that "email address redacted" belongs to you.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4393171 - 12/04/17 03:26 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Exorcet Offline
Exorcet  Offline

Yeah, I honestly wish you could opt out of most security. A lot of it is more useful at causing stress than doing anything helpful. I once had to recover a Google account, but fortunately I make text when I make a new online account so I was able to give them the exact month that I created the account. If it wasn't for that it would have been lost forever.

#4393186 - 12/04/17 04:37 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
LOL, so they sent you that code to a specific email, but then can't verify that the email is yours?

I actually deleted my Google account from my Android cellphone, everything is offline and synced offline to my PC. I use GDrive to work on documents from different devices but always keep a current offline backup of those files.

So yeah, I trust them as far as I can throw their datacenter and try to stay away from becoming dependent on their services. Hope you get it sorted.

#4393193 - 12/04/17 04:57 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: Exorcet]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Exorcet
Yeah, I honestly wish you could opt out of most security. A lot of it is more useful at causing stress than doing anything helpful. I once had to recover a Google account, but fortunately I make text when I make a new online account so I was able to give them the exact month that I created the account. If it wasn't for that it would have been lost forever.

I have all that information too but they still won't give me access to the account. I even kept the information that was given to them when I was required to link the YouTube account to a Google account to gain access, something I tried to avoid since I knew the more crap tied to one account the bigger the chances of one or more of them being compromised.

• Login - Correct PW and email - access denied
    Get an email telling me someone using the CORRECT password has been denied access to the account.
  • Account Recovery - Give them date account was created and receive Account Recovery number - Access denied
  • Account Recovery - Go through process again making sure to use secondary email address and receive Account Recovery Number at secondary email address - Access denied
  • Account Recovery - Use the last password option and receive Account Recovery number - Access denied
  • Account Recovery - Use the last password option and use the PW I had before this one - Access denied
    Tells me that the PW was changed 3 months ago - Well duh, I know and so do you!!

There is no reason I should have been denied access to the account in the first place since I did have the correct PW when I logged into the account. Plus the moment they sent an account recovery number to another one of my email addresses all locks should have been taken down. I have given Google more than enough information to gain access to the account but they still refuse to give it back to me.

Their lack of effective response to address the complaints about this is deafening. It's mainly "We gave you all the tools necessary to recover the account/s and it is your responsibility to use them correctly" or "Here are our support forums but you need a Google account to use them."

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4393198 - 12/04/17 05:16 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
LOL, so they sent you that code to a specific email, but then can't verify that the email is yours?

I actually deleted my Google account from my Android cellphone, everything is offline and synced offline to my PC. I use GDrive to work on documents from different devices but always keep a current offline backup of those files.

So yeah, I trust them as far as I can throw their datacenter and try to stay away from becoming dependent on their services. Hope you get it sorted.

Yeppers - TWO of them.
I could understand some of this Bovine Scatulism if my account was one of those getting thousand or even millions of hits/views per year but I doubt I have over a thousand views on ANY of my videos.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4393210 - 12/04/17 06:25 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Captcha is worse than password reset. How many times do I have to check freaking boxes to prove I'm human?!?!?!!?

#4393212 - 12/04/17 06:27 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Captcha is worse than password reset. How many times do I have to check freaking boxes to prove I'm human?!?!?!!?

What's funny about Captcha is that even I sometimes have a hard time making out what letters are being shown to me!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4393239 - 12/04/17 09:15 PM Re: Google Password reset [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Another useless annoyance that is already made next to useless due to the hackers.

I know it is an old article but I doubt any of the problems discussed in the article have been resolved to the point of making captcha's useful.
Why you should never use a CAPTCHA: https://www.onlineaspect.com/2010/07/02/why-you-should-never-use-a-captcha/

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.