Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4391815 - 11/28/17 11:53 PM Ghost of Tsushima (Potential Samurai RPG!)  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Has anyone else seen this? There's very little info right now but this sounds awesome. Its potentially sounding like it will be a open world, rpg game set in medieval Japan, specifically on the Japanese island of Tsushima. Apparently the whole island will be the game world. I also read somewhere that much of the lore and knowledge of the time, place, events and background perhaps will be intuitively woven into your actual exploration of the island which I hope is true. If they could reveal in a true organic and immersive way the game's lore through exploration that could be pretty amazing. It seems the character is an experienced Samurai but the trailer suggests that he will have to take on some more stealthy disciplines alluding to perhaps an opportunity to play both as Samurai and ninja.

Here's a cut an paste of what is known about it so far as well as a very exciting trailer that supposedly uses the game's engine. I know many of us desire a game like this and I hope it turns out beautifully.

Ghost of Tsushima is a brand-new IP from the studio behind the excellent Infamous and Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch.

“The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan–until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won’t lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting–the way of the Ghost–as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.”

A post from Nate Fox, game director at Sucker Punch Studios, on the PlayStation Blog revealed plenty more information about the game. Here’s some of the key pieces of info:

*Ghost of Tsushima is described as a “sprawling samurai open-world game”.
*The debut trailer was created using the in-game engine.
*You play a samurai taking on members of the Mongol empire.
*Jin is the name of the lead character, while Khan is the name of the other voice-acted Mongol leader.

Here's the link to the blog mentioned above:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ew-project-revealed-at-paris-games-week/

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4391954 - 11/30/17 01:19 AM Re: Ghost of Tsushima (Potential Samurai RPG!) [Re: Coot]  
Talon Offline
Talon  Offline

Tampa, FL USA
I really wish they reconsider making it a PS4 exclusive and release it for PC as well. It seems like it will be on point.

--T

Support simulation in the classroom.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.