Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4390705 - 11/21/17 10:46 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Steve_F Offline
Steve_F  Offline

London, England
Right now I'm just pleased there are plans to release an updated WWI title. I had started to believe RoF was going to be the last WWI sim we'd see.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4390729 - 11/21/17 02:37 PM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Pooch Offline
Pooch  Offline

Keller, TX
I agree with all of Darts statements about the weaknesses of ROF. I just reinstalled two days ago and I'm enjoying it again, but yeah, all valid. I doubt if Jason is going to release Flying Circus with all the same issues. It is going to be, basically, ROF run through the updated graphics engine. But, I'm sure, with all of the good things they've implemented in the new IL-2 series. I'm letting my guard down with this stuff they are anouncing, and getting excited about it all. Hope I'm not disappointed as I have been, so many times, in the past. But they seem to deliver and seem to listen to the customers. Got my fingers crossed. CLoD 5.0., Operation Bodenplatte, and Flying Circus will, hopefully, make 2018 a very good flight simming year.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4390836 - 11/22/17 02:26 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Master Online sigh
meh
Master  Online Sigh
meh
Veteran

NW Alabama, USA
What has me worried is that it will be all new flight models in an updated physics engine designed for higher speeds and altitudes. We will have to wait and see but I am optimistic.

And we as its creators don't feel ready to hear your annoyed jabber about it.
-IL-2 BoS Dev Team

http://www.alt-games-warbirds.com

RoF: =AGW= Master
Blood, Guts and Oil, My youtube channel
twitch.tv/masterjts
#4390845 - 11/22/17 04:07 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Pooch Offline
Pooch  Offline

Keller, TX
Nah, I don't see that as an issue. They're building a Po-2 for the Russian Front sim, and I don't think that thing could go over sixty miles an hour! They seem to know what they're doing.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4391294 - 11/25/17 06:30 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Master]  
LukeFF Offline
Lab Rat
LukeFF  Offline
Lab Rat
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted by Master
What has me worried is that it will be all new flight models in an updated physics engine designed for higher speeds and altitudes. We will have to wait and see but I am optimistic.

Jason talked about this in his Teamspeak session and said the current flight models from ROF will be ported over into FC, existing side-by-side with the WWII-era flight models.

#4391330 - 11/25/17 04:55 PM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Master Online sigh
meh
Master  Online Sigh
meh
Veteran

NW Alabama, USA
No, what he said was that they imported a DR1 into the ww2 engine and flew it with a ww2 flight model. He said they can import the 3d models for the most part but they have to completely rebuild the flight models.

He also said on the forum that once it is done you should be able to fly them side by side with ww2 planes. As far as I know they have not to date imported a ww1 plane and built a ww1 flight model.

-IL-2 BoS Dev Team

twitch.tv/masterjts
#4391419 - 11/26/17 05:06 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Master]  
LukeFF Offline
Lab Rat
LukeFF  Offline
Lab Rat
Veteran

Redlands, California
Originally Posted by Master
No, what he said was that they imported a DR1 into the ww2 engine and flew it with a ww2 flight model. He said they can import the 3d models for the most part but they have to completely rebuild the flight models..

Sorry, but that is absolutely incorrect. Go back and and listen to what he said. They aren't rebuilding anything with the WWI flight models but directly importing the flight models currently in the Digital Nature engine.

#4391420 - 11/26/17 05:15 AM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Master Online sigh
meh
Master  Online Sigh
meh
Veteran

NW Alabama, USA
Here is the quote.

"We imported the fokker dr1 into the engine several months ago to take a look at it. When I saw it in the engine, in the office, flying around with a wwii flight model, which was kind of funny, it held up. The plane looked great, it looked great in the engine."

They didnt import the flight model. They ONLY imported the 3d model and flew it with a makeshift wwii flight model. For these 10-15 planes just bringing the planes in and refurbishing them to work in engine will take almost a year. (thats a direct quote on the time frame.) So its not as simple as you think it is going to be. (from my interpretation at least)

-IL-2 BoS Dev Team

twitch.tv/masterjts
#4391517 - 11/26/17 06:25 PM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Speyer Online content
Speyer  Online Content

Some of those FMs were flakey after the last update so I hope they're reworked.

#4391546 - 11/26/17 09:04 PM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
Master Online sigh
meh
Master  Online Sigh
meh
Veteran

NW Alabama, USA
They gutted the pfalz diii frown I hope they return it. It wasnt ever a great plane but if you had a bit of altitude you could hold your own with some of the better ent planes until you ran out of maneuvering altitude and then you ded.

On the last rebalanced they gave it a glass engine and cut it's engine output even more making it completely useless in game.

The biggest thing I hope they fix is the disparity between the two mgs. I know they were different rounds but the the ent side felt like it wasnt even affected by engine vibrations. It was just a lazer. And the CP side was like throwing hand fulls of gravel...

Last edited by Master; 11/26/17 09:06 PM.

-IL-2 BoS Dev Team

twitch.tv/masterjts
#4391641 - 11/27/17 07:37 PM Re: Flying Circus Volume 1 [Re: Steve_F]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Jason said that right now they build a switch in BOX that will allow to use directly ROF FMs for FC planes, and for this very reason they might not allow WWI and WW2 planes flying at the same time, unless they find an easy way to donit. WWI planes FMs in FC will be ROF FMs, no alteration.

Last edited by rollnloop.; 11/27/17 07:38 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Avimimus, RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
WWII Pilot Sits in Cockpit After 70 Years
by F4UDash4. 12/12/17 06:36 PM
What a difference 10 days makes....
by F4UDash4. 12/09/17 11:00 PM
I awoke to the sound of kids screaming outside
by Raw Kryptonite. 12/08/17 02:23 PM
Anyone oil painting?
by VF9_Longbow. 12/08/17 10:13 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.