Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4391322 - 11/25/17 02:59 PM New cloud mod version 2.7  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
I apologize for putting this in the main forum, but I wanted to make sure that everyone is aware that I have posted a link to a new version of the cloud mod. I also wanted to highlight the change to how wind speed and direction are handled in the mod. Thanks to the combination of the cloud mod and JJJ65's Mission Editor, you can now expect the wind to originate from all points of the compass, instead of just 12 directions as in the stock game.

In the update, I also bumped up the effect of headwinds, crosswinds, and tailwinds on flight. Allied pilot's, in particular, should now notice the effect of predominately Westerly headwinds as they struggle to return from missions deep over Entente territory! This wind effect is either unavailable or much too subtle in vanilla WOFF. Plan your next mission accordingly!

Although I expect this will be my final update to the cloud mod, if anyone has a suggestion for improvement or a feature they would like to see implemented, please do not hesitate to ask!

The link to the new version is available at the end of the first post in the Optional Cloud Mod thread.

Sorry for the interruption. We now return you to regular programming. biggrin

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4391382 - 11/26/17 12:38 AM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Thanks Bob ... I would have missed this had you not posted here.

#4391398 - 11/26/17 02:08 AM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
thumbsup

Have fun!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4391440 - 11/26/17 10:48 AM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
This is a really great mod. The fog effect is amazing. Well done BB!

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4391494 - 11/26/17 04:08 PM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thank you very much. I am now quite proud of the overall fog effect. At first, I did not like it very much, but now, I look forward to flying in it. It may now be my favorite cloud type in the whole mod. The real breakthrough was when I learned, with the assistance of JJJ65's Mission Editor, how to change the background sky color from sky blue to light gray, which improved the effect considerably.

Overall, I have spent probably a couple of hundred hours working on this mod, so I am quite pleased when I receive positive feedback.

#4391500 - 11/26/17 04:41 PM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
I would also be remiss if I did not acknowledge the following folks who contributed to the development of the mod:

PanamaRed, whose Additional Weather Types mod gave me the initial inspiration for the mod, and who contributed valuable advice and assistance in my early attempts to develop a variety of new cloud types.

Robert_Wiggins, who helped with testing and offered valuable advice throughout the making of the mod. Robert was also instrumental in converting each version of the mod into a self-extracting file that is then made available at Sandbagger's WOFF mod hosting site.

JJJ65, of course, who has developed a number of useful tools for WOFF, but in particular, for his fantastic Mission Editor. The Mission Editor is directly responsible for many of the weather effects that you see in the mod, including not only the vastly improved fog effect, but also all of the various wind effects that are now an integral part of the mod. Thanks, Jara!

Finally, I would like to thank all of the users of the mod and especially all those who have offered their advice and support. Everyone have a virtual drink on me! cheers

Cheers!

#4391670 - 11/28/17 12:54 AM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Thanks BuckeyeBob for the mod update and I will download PDQ.
As a nice add-on for my favorite game it almost (almost!) makes up for last Saturday.
Thanks again.

#4391685 - 11/28/17 02:59 AM Re: New cloud mod version 2.7 [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Oh dear, is there something that happened last Saturday? Perhaps a little setback on the gridiron? neaner

Buck up, there is always next year. To be fair, I don't think that THE Ohio State University will be going much farther this year, certainly not after they get taken down by Wisconsin this upcoming Saturday.

Thanks for continuing to support the mod. I wonder if there will be any changes to the weather in WOTR?

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans