Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4390597 - 11/20/17 06:18 PM Re: Obscene Pilots ***** [Re: Timothy]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Try Frogner Park in Oslo with the statues by Gustav Vigeland, I seen it when I was 16, it did leave a lasting impression, especially about the differences in attitudes between Continental Europe and the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogner_Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Vigeland

http://www.visitoslo.com/en/product/?TLp=181601

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XuZCnWAnE

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4390601 - 11/20/17 06:48 PM Re: Obscene Pilots [Re: Timothy]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
At least he didn't draw two dogs humping.

Last edited by LB4LB; 11/20/17 06:48 PM.
#4390794 - 11/21/17 07:48 PM Re: Obscene Pilots [Re: Coot]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted by Coot
Yes, I get the military, locker room, baseball dugout dynamic. I've been there. It has always been there and it always will been there. Its in the human condition. BTW I knew someone would jump at showing a old GI photo with guys being guys but then that shows how many of you are totally missing it. Those bazooka cocked soldiers would not be walking down main street USA as school lets out as it would not have been viewed as acceptable or tolerated for that matter. Most of you all are conveniently ignoring the reality that this kind of behavior was not done in public, encouraged and celebrated openly like it is today. It would have been frowned upon and likely even dealt with in some fashion. In the bunkhouses and barracks yes but not flaunted openly as society in general would not stand for it. It was not the acceptable norm. People behaved in public with often a different and better set of manners. There's certain shops or back alleys or sides of town you'd go to for that or even in the not so distant past behind a curtain in the back of a video rental. It wasn't in your face. You all are ganging up on one person and ridiculing them to make yourselves feel better and justified by what you are doing. You are making the decision to not get it which means that you do. I'm surprised and disappointed that some of the older ones among you are not getting it either and are not understanding the cusp of what I'm addressing. There used to be a certain expectation of public decency and dignity in one's behavior and how they interacted with others in open, public society. Behind closed doors, under red lights, on the football field, in the locker rooms or on a battlefield etc is what it always has been and always will be but there used to exist traditionally, a restraint to keep that from spilling over into the public affairs and goings on of public day to day life. It was a poor decision in bad taste on the part of those pilots in my opinion.

I understand it's your opinion, and you are entitled to it but how is it worse than a women pulling her breast out in public to feed her child? I got attacked some years back on FB because I was pissed that a lady used the freaking entrance of a local supermarket to breast feed her kid so every person driving in could see her. Now I had no issues with her boobs, but my two boys were young back then and of course had questions... The women could have easily gone to the side of the parking lot on the picnic tables out of everyones view and done it there, but she decided the entrance worked best for her with no need to cover up.

I love the meme's coming out of this

Attached Files happy clouds.jpgjingle balls.jpg

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
#4390814 - 11/21/17 09:04 PM Re: Obscene Pilots [Re: Timothy]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
**Reported to Mad Max for disciplinary action due to violation of SimHQ policy 29B, subparagraph e(2)**

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.