Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4389420 - 11/13/17 06:27 AM ICE, clear your inbox.  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
And PM me when you've done so.

Edit: Or put up or shut up right here. Go on and prove those two points.

1) Prove that I am a DCS "fanboi".

2) A) Prove that that I some how incorrectly installed BMS in the past.

B) Since you decided to dig that hole further, do prove that all software bugs are 100% repeatable. This a point you seem to feel very strongly about. Don't side step this one either, because it is perhaps the biggest misstep you've taken all day.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4389428 - 11/13/17 07:52 AM Re: ICE, clear your inbox. [Re: Flogger23m]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Flogger23m
1) Prove that I am a DCS "fanboi".

Read here

2) A) Prove that that I some how incorrectly installed BMS in the past.

2nd-to-last paragraph
Missing textures, click areas not aligned to text, you said all of these yourself.

B) Since you decided to dig that hole further, do prove that all software bugs are 100% repeatable. This a point you seem to feel very strongly about. Don't side step this one either, because it is perhaps the biggest misstep you've taken all day.

Prove where I said that software bugs are 100% repeatable? It would be nice if that were the case, but it is not and I would not make such a silly statement. However, in order for bugs to be fixed, there must be a degree of repeatability. Even a 40-60% repeatability will allow for some trials to be made and fixes to be tested. If it only happens when the moon is aligned with Venus on a summer solstice (exaggeration to prove a point), then there's very little chance of that bug to be repeated and fixes to be tested.

Tell you what --- as you've not reported these issues to the BMS devs nor have you asked for help in resolving these issues --- find others that have had similar issues as you've had, post the links here, and we'll analyze if it's a buggy software issue or a PICNIC issue.

Good luck!

Also note that this will be my last response to this topic; I have no interest in repeating myself over and over and over again. The fact that I simply linked a reply to two of your three questions shows that we've already covered those grounds. I was the one that called you a fanboi so the burden of proof is on me. However, you are the one claiming you did not do a botched install so the burden of proof there is on you, but the reply was an easy one so I obliged you on that one. Your third point is simply preposterous; not all bugs are 100% repeatable.

I am, however, curious about the issues you stated on your install.... again note that you're the one making the claim of experiencing those factors, so the burden of proof is on you, but my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes so I'm willing to do a little digging here to see if I can replicate your issues. For that discussion, go here.

- Ice
#4389432 - 11/13/17 08:59 AM Re: ICE, clear your inbox. [Re: - Ice]  
Flogger23m Offline
Flogger23m  Offline

US
Originally Posted by - Ice

Prove where I said that software bugs are 100% repeatable?

You implied this multiple times. I merely stated some of the underwhelming aspects I experienced in BMS. I never said it was terrible, but those were certainly shortcomings I experienced. Your responses consisted of:

I am ICE. I have never experienced this issue. Therefore:

1) PICNIC
2) You are too stupid to understand the learning curve (cliff as you put it)
3) hahahahahaha

So now you are backtracking and concede on point one. Glad we agree here.

And apparently this makes one a "fanboi"

Originally Posted by - Flogger23m - The Fanboi Who Makes ED Moderators So Proud That They Banned Him for a Month for Saying the M2000C Should Not Have Been Brought Out Of Alpha Without The Manual Being finished

I'm sure it will have an air to ground radar but that is probably hard to show in a picture. These over the top sarcastic posts are getting fairly annoying. I know I complain about things to (Razbam M2000C module was incomplete, tutorials incomplete) but at least complain about a real issue. I'm sure if you're an expert in air to ground radar engineering or a Hornet pilot you can lecture us all when the module is released and those of us who can follow or care about the differences between the real thing and DCS will listen. I know for one, I won't be able to tell the difference between how it works in the real thing VS DCS and I am not sure if I'd care either way. And to be honest, I don't think a single person on this forum (or ED's) will have that kind of knowledge either. If I had to guess, there are zero Hornet pilots, technicians or radar engineers on these forums.

Holy $hit. Does the part in bold sound like something a fanboi would say?

Originally Posted by - Flogger23m - The Fanboi Who Makes ED Moderators So Proud That They Banned Him for a Month for Saying the M2000C Should Not Have Been Brought Out Of Alpha Without The Manual Being finished

ED's in house modules tend to be fairly solid. A-10C and KA-50 were fairly good were they not?

I really want this (and that map!) but I think it will be far, far too complex for me. I'd pay $30 for a simplified avionics version easily though.

Yeah, the blind fanboi who isn't blindly going to but every module. Wait, what? Probably only wants to buy something that interests him? Get out of here.

I'm not the one insulting peoples intelligence over their flight sim choice or a perceived slight against their favorite sim. If you find BMS to be compelling, enjoy it. I didn't. That is why it is no longer on my PC.

#4389434 - 11/13/17 09:56 AM Re: ICE, clear your inbox. [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by - Ice
Also note that this will be my last response to this topic; I have no interest in repeating myself over and over and over again.

- Ice

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.