Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4385974 - 10/20/17 04:45 PM COOP and rain  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

COOP:

First of all, our programmers started the work on the next new gameplay mode:
Cooperative. In the start, this mode will include new multiplayer server type, where a player will have to choose an aircraft in a scenario mission.
The mission will start once enough players have joined and confirmed they are ready.
The aircraft not claimed by human players will be controlled by AI, so the mission will proceed as it was designed even if the server isn't full.
The mission scenario could be nearly anything you could think of - scripting allows a mission designer to create almost any combat situation.
Moreover, the multiplayer branching campaigns will be possible, when a mission outcome decides which mission to load next.
Judging by what the =DED= squad has made possible so far on their server, dynamic scenario campaign will be also doable.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5#entry523294

Last edited by Sokol1; 10/20/17 04:45 PM.
#4386311 - 10/23/17 12:49 AM Re: COOP and rain [Re: Sokol1]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
The biggest negative to COOP type of play in the original IL-2 for me has always been that once you were "killed' there was no way to rejoin. Plus if you were killed in a full switch environment all you would see is a black screen making it even more pointless to stick around.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4386355 - 10/23/17 12:57 PM Re: COOP and rain [Re: Sokol1]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I always preferred the co-op mode in the old IL2... for me it meant that people playing the game had to take care of that virtual life as there was that 'when you are dead you are out'...
If I was killed early on then so be it. I'd go and make a cuppa and then wait for the next one.
I've never been into 'get killed, respawn fly again mode'... so the co-op suited my kind of gameplay smile

#4386388 - 10/23/17 03:28 PM Re: COOP and rain [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Plus if you were killed in a full switch environment all you would see is a black screen making it even more pointless to stick around.

This black screem became needed because in that COOP war's "dead" people start spy for their side cycling cameras.

CloD has this broken track record as result from attempt to prevines the bad use of tracks that happens in IL2 '46 COOP when "smart" people use the track to know wheres the enemy targets.

In fact this Bo'X COOP is more close to RoF COOP than il-2'46 COOP.

#4386427 - 10/23/17 06:39 PM Re: COOP and rain [Re: Sokol1]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Trooper117
I always preferred the co-op mode in the old IL2... for me it meant that people playing the game had to take care of that virtual life as there was that 'when you are dead you are out'...
If I was killed early on then so be it. I'd go and make a cuppa and then wait for the next one.
I've never been into 'get killed, respawn fly again mode'... so the co-op suited my kind of gameplay smile

Originally Posted by Sokol1
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Plus if you were killed in a full switch environment all you would see is a black screen making it even more pointless to stick around.

This black screem became needed because in that COOP war's "dead" people start spy for their side cycling cameras.

CloD has this broken track record as result from attempt to prevines the bad use of tracks that happens in IL2 '46 COOP when "smart" people use the track to know wheres the enemy targets.

In fact this Bo'X COOP is more close to RoF COOP than il-2'46 COOP.

Oh I understand all the reasoning behind the way COOP works I just don't find them suitable for me, especially if the COOP is going to run two or three hours. A 30 to 45 minute COOP is a different story.
I also agree that Dogfight mode does have its own set of problems. It did irk me when you killed someone and they were able to respawn immediately in a new plane and yours might be damaged form the earlier fight. They attempted to address that with respawn timeouts but most people don't like those either.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4386538 - 10/24/17 03:28 PM Re: COOP and rain [Re: Sokol1]  
Leaf85 Offline
Leaf85  Offline

Calgary, AB. Canada
I'm looking forward to the addition of the Co-op mission mode in BoS, and if it is similar to what NeoCube gave us in Rise of Flight then that's going to be good. I prefer the black screen of doom to "spectator(IL-2 original)/seagull-mode (Arma)" anyway lol.

Currently dabbling in;
WOTR/BoF, Naval Action! also Run 8,
IL2BOS/BOM smile

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
#4386556 - 10/24/17 06:03 PM Re: COOP and rain [Re: Leaf85]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Leaf85
I'm looking forward to the addition of the Co-op mission mode in BoS, and if it is similar to what NeoCube gave us in Rise of Flight then that's going to be good. I prefer the black screen of doom to "spectator(IL-2 original)/seagull-mode (Arma)" anyway lol.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Seagull mode, LOL. Some friends from the Fulcrum Squad (Mig29, Novaworld), I know, I am dating myself here, LMAO! , would make and play Coops Sometimes. We played this one mission, Helicopter on to an Island at night and basically take the whole island, town by town. It was really hard but after a couple of weeks of working on our tactics we got to where we could push to the last town but never finish the last enemy soldier or 2 to win the Coop. The night we finally beat it, I was TLMS and there were I think 5 Seagulls flying all around me as I hunted the last 2 Soldiers who were camping and waiting to snipe me. One guy/seagull was helping me by spotting, but the other 4 or 5 seagulls were constantly screwing with me trying to get me killed. Of course we were all on Roger Wilco, again dating myself biggrin , so it was complete mayhem with everyone trying to screw with me and the one guy trying to he help me. I did kill both soldiers and we never played that mission again. Man those were much more carefree and fun times than these days seem to be. Oh well, thought that was a funny Seagull story to share. Completely OT, sorry. screwy
Seagull

S!Blade<><

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.