Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4369307 - 07/15/17 04:41 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

At long last, 1.70 is released. This build incorporates the 1.69 changes and refines the AJS-37 Viggen controls (especially useful with FunkyFranky's switch mod, which is included in the package with permission).

Now I can get back to my Master's thesis and then focus on the Mi-8 and VAC.

EDIT: If you downloaded 1.70 before July 15 and get an error on execution, download the following file and replace your existing version.
DCS_UserSettings.zip

Last edited by HomeFries; 07/15/17 11:23 PM.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4380736 - 09/22/17 08:05 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.71 is released. This build brings the Mi-8 up to the latest command structure, applies the new Mi-8 throttle routines to the Ka-50 (Warthog only), and improves the M-2000C and AJS-37 Viggen.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4382178 - 09/30/17 12:30 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Version 1.72 is released. 1.72 adds a dedicated Su-33 profile in conjunction with the PFM/Standalone module release.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4383131 - 10/04/17 07:33 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

The 1.72a patch is available.  The patch fixes some Warthog assignment bugs with the M-2000C and updates the audio routine to directly use the EXE instead of a batch file.
The patch can be downloaded from here.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384105 - 10/10/17 03:08 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Thank you!!!

#4384569 - 10/12/17 04:09 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Home Fries, do you happen to have any further insight into the issue described at the ED forums here?

It's where Windows 10 sees both the descrete Thrustmaster controllers and the combined virtual controller after running the script. DCS also sees all of them the same. Is this normal behavior? In the Windows 10 game controllers window, when I test each controller, the combined controller doesn't work but the individual ones do.

Could it have anything to do with the "filter drivers"? All four of mine error out, e.g.
"Installing filter driver to VID... Please Wait...Done!"
"Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device..."

I get this four times, each with a unique VID

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/12/17 04:17 PM.
#4384572 - 10/12/17 04:43 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Rangoon,

What you describe is not unique; a number of people have issues like this with Windows 10. The ball is in Thrustmaster's court, and I haven't heard any progress on the issue. You may try the latest drivers and TARGET build to see if that helps. I use Windows 7, so I have no way to test it.

Best,
HF

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384595 - 10/12/17 06:35 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Been having that same issue lately. Finally got some time to play around with it.
Went into device manager without the script running and deleted all the non-connected devices under Human Interface Devices and Other devices.
Specifically, the HID-Compliant game controller under Human Interface Devices and all the Thrustmaster HID Filter under Other Devices, there were multiples of those.
To see them you need to go to View, and check Show Hidden Devices in Windows Device Manager. They will show up after that in a light gray color under those categories.
Rebooted
Ran the script and received a warning about filters missing. Waited about a minute and rebooted with the script still active.
Rebooted again, ran script, and everything went back to normal.

Tested after another reboot and it was still working fine. Windows is hiding and showing the devices again when the script is started/stopped.

Edit: Running TARGET version v.3.0.16.615 with latest drivers from Thrustmaster.

Last edited by EjectEject; 10/12/17 06:37 PM.
#4384648 - 10/12/17 11:17 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Thanks, EjectEject -

I walked through your steps and see no change in behavior. I saw several (more than a dozen light-gray HID entries and maybe 6 or 8 filters under "other") of these and clicked "uninstall".

I still have discrete physical devices shown, plus the virtual combined device (which does not function), when the script is running. I also saw no change in the reporting of the filters when running the script - I see the same text as my post above, i.e., errors on all four. When you run your script, I assume you don't see these errors?

Another thing I tried is getting rid of all USB 3.0 on my system (it's an older Z98 board). I disabled 3.0 in the bios, have everything connected to 2.0 ports and hubs. That didn't help either.

Any other ideas out there? I have contacted tech support, but no reply yet.

#4384659 - 10/13/17 12:12 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Rangoon]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Well, I'm still running on a Z-87 board. I did uninstall everything that was greyed out under both.
Did get a filter error on the first time running the script but after the reboot it corrected itself.
Also noticed that before I did the cleaning, it would take a while for the script to run. Only on the filter part, usually almost instant, but was delayed 20 or so seconds.

Here's pics of running script and no script.

Script running
[img]https://imgur.com/F5qeADN[/img]

Script:
https://imgur.com/snbBUu5

No script:
https://imgur.com/rhrzSuO

Last edited by EjectEject; 10/13/17 12:13 AM.
#4384669 - 10/13/17 12:50 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Interesting. So before script, you have the same 4 devices I have. After script, you still show the MFDs while I still show all 4 (plus virtual device).

During the script, ours are also very different:

script image

Edit: EE, did you get the filters showing back up in the "Other" category of device manager after you got everything working again?

Also, I found this thread which suggests making a registry edit should fix the filter driver errors. However, it has no effect on mine.

Edit: I seem to be having some success. For the third time (this time *after* doing the reg edits, which initially yielded nothing) I reinstalled the TARGET software. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, then ran TARGET again. At first it errored out and the script actually stopped itself. The second time it seemed to work. I restarted, tried again, and this time it definitely seemed to work - no filter driver errors. However, my game controllers list is still populated with the discrete physical controllers (all 4) in addition to the virtual one. The main difference is that the virtual device actually functions. The physical ones do, too... I'm sure this isn't helpful for DCS, but it's a step in the right direction.

Edit: At last! I stopped the script and started it again (third time since reinstalling TARGET, or fourth?) - now the list populates correctly. The script ran quickly, no errors, and the physical devices are replaced (all 4) with one virtual device.

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/13/17 04:24 AM.
#4384714 - 10/13/17 11:09 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: Rangoon]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
Originally Posted by Rangoon
Interesting. So before script, you have the same 4 devices I have. After script, you still show the MFDs while I still show all 4 (plus virtual device).

During the script, ours are also very different:

script image

Edit: EE, did you get the filters showing back up in the "Other" category of device manager after you got everything working again?

Also, I found this thread which suggests making a registry edit should fix the filter driver errors. However, it has no effect on mine.

Edit: I seem to be having some success. For the third time (this time *after* doing the reg edits, which initially yielded nothing) I reinstalled the TARGET software. I uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, then ran TARGET again. At first it errored out and the script actually stopped itself. The second time it seemed to work. I restarted, tried again, and this time it definitely seemed to work - no filter driver errors. However, my game controllers list is still populated with the discrete physical controllers (all 4) in addition to the virtual one. The main difference is that the virtual device actually functions. The physical ones do, too... I'm sure this isn't helpful for DCS, but it's a step in the right direction.

Edit: At last! I stopped the script and started it again (third time since reinstalling TARGET, or fourth?) - now the list populates correctly. The script ran quickly, no errors, and the physical devices are replaced (all 4) with one virtual device.

That's good to hear. Yea, the filters had the error. After the reboots and running the script again is when they cleared and the filters showed up correctly. And everything went to normal.
The scripts are different so of course look different, but managing the virtual devices should remain the same.

#4384811 - 10/13/17 05:39 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

thanks guys.

Since I don't have Windows 10 on my gaming rig, could I implore you to write up a step by step procedure for what you did? I can make this an appendix to the setup guide, and I'll give you full credit.

EDIT: feel free to PM me with your response, as well as how you would like your name listed in the guide.

Last edited by HomeFries; 10/13/17 05:40 PM.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4384854 - 10/13/17 09:49 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
Rangoon Offline
Rangoon  Offline

Well, for what it's worth, I have had to repeat this entire process several times throughout a handful of sessions (multiple uninstall/reinstall/restart/run script/fail/restart/run script/restart/etc etc cycles) but at least each time I know I will get it back working again within 5-15 minutes...

Edit: HomeFries, for some reason I didn't see your post until after I wrote this one. I can certainly do my best. The only concern I have is that each time it seems to require a slightly different method, so I'll try to account for that in what I pm you with. I'm also not 100% sure at what point whatever I was doing started actually working (like the registry edits etc., so I'll try to include those steps with an appropriate caveat).

Last edited by Rangoon; 10/13/17 11:03 PM.
#4384994 - 10/14/17 08:08 PM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

If you have to do different things every time and manipulate the registry, making an appendix for this may be a bad idea. When it comes to registry edits, people usually need "by the numbers" instructions or bad things tend to happen.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4389551 - 11/14/17 03:36 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

All,

Version 2.0 of this script will include both a GUI to customize your profiles and save your settings, as well as the recently added update feature, which will download the latest files from a server on demand. This release candidate is currently in internal testing (particularly the updater), so the plan is to have the 2.0 release coincide with the profile for the upcoming Harrier module.

Stay tuned!

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

#4392317 - 12/01/17 09:40 AM Re: DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) [Re: HomeFries]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

2.0 is finally here! whoohoo

Changes are abundant and really can't be summarized. Oh, and there's a Harrier profile now!
tomcat

See the original post for details.

-Home Fries

- Robert A. Heinlein

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.