#4381917 - 09/28/17 06:34 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Y'all just wanting to get yer Cowboy Persona on... cowboy

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4381924 - 09/28/17 06:55 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

They still have not announced any plans for PC release frown

Possible Spoilers below

At the end of the trailer when dutch says, "Do you have my back." The guy who says, "Always Dutch." is John Marston.

I bet it ends with a showdown between the main playable character and John Marston with Marston killing you and then the game ends in free road mode with you as Marston similar to how the first game ended with you as his son.

Last edited by Master; 09/28/17 06:56 PM.
#4381925 - 09/28/17 06:56 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: Bill_Grant]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant

Tis true! I think most Europeans have a fascination with the Old West. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4381927 - 09/28/17 07:03 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: Bill_Grant]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.

Your accent on email is bad enough, not sure I need anymore cowboys!

#4381928 - 09/28/17 07:06 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by archermav

Your accent on email is bad enough, not sure I need anymore cowboys!

Bill has a pretty tame Southern accent in my opinion. I've heard much, much thicker Southern accents from other people I've met. Think Foghorn Leghorn. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4381931 - 09/28/17 07:40 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
YEEEEHAW !!

#4381963 - 09/28/17 10:43 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
After all the talk of wanting the original on pc for years, I can't believe they can't commit to pc on this one.
I'm not buying a console.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4381967 - 09/28/17 11:33 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
This is my most anticipated release along with The Last of Us 2. Loved, loved, loved Red Dead Redemption and John Marston. I can't wait to explore a new and bigger and more up to date engined American Southwest open world map on horseback. Thanks for posting the new trailer. I'm going to go check it out.

I hear you Raw K. I still would dearly like RDR on the PC. I can't believe they can not do it as L.A. Noir uses the same engine and came out around the same time as RDR and it made it to pc. It would be amazing to have a pc version of it. In my opinion there's enough good and even great games out now that I believe its worth buying one. I usually don't buy new gen consoles at time of release but I did with the PS4. Horrible selection at the start but now there's bunches of good stuff. I am more frustrated with how they released it with a poor library and then had the nerve to release a "Pro" version of the console with enhanced hardware that I personally should have been in the original machines. No reason not to in my opinion other than they want to get the next gen out in a hurry and start making money. I may get a a "Pro" version way down the line if more and more games are made to or remastered to run at 60 fps. Many of the last gen games that have been remastered and ported to the current generation consoles, which still look phenomenal by the way depending on the game, and run at 60 fps on my original PS4 I hope they continue to do that with certain games but at the same time I believe they should have made the original hardware with what's ever in the pro now. I think they could have done it. Seems like one of the future proofing gimmicks on their part to maximize their profit. If anything since there were really no game at the console release they should have just waited another year before releasing.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4381969 - 09/28/17 11:41 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

So no 2017 release. frown Ah well. Its looking awesome and I can wait a little longer. I hope they give us another good story and experience worthy of the first title. At the end of the trailer the what I guess is the main guy talking to the guy sitting calls him "Dutch". Cool. So I'm guessing from this that Dutch van der Linde will return for perhaps a bigger role in RDR2 and that being said, maybe just maybe we will bump into or get to play as a young John Marston fingers crossed?

#4381987 - 09/29/17 01:29 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

If the map leaks are accurate the game world is slightly smaller than the first game.

#4382002 - 09/29/17 03:22 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
That was a huge map. Same size or even slightly smaller is ok...it was that big. They could offset that by having the whole thing open from the start instead of opening it up with the chapters. As you progressed, there was little need to revisit the previous areas, kind of wasting the huge map. If its slightly smaller but they use it all from beginning to end, like Skyrim does, it could still be an improvement.
It would be nice to be able to continue having a lot of side missions in all areas so you could spend more time in favorite zones. I liked the ranch life in the beginning, but once it was over, it was just gone.
More options to play how you want would be good too. I liked train robberies, but there wasn't much in the way of consequences.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4382028 - 09/29/17 07:22 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I hope its not smaller. The original is pretty darn big especially considering it being 8-9 years ago on and Xbox 360 but I personally hope that it is not smaller. That seems worrisome to me. I'd prefer something just a little bigger. I travel in real time A LOT in these games and I do not want to become overly familiar with the map in a short time. I do like being lost in the beginning and like in real life the more I travel back and forth and challenge myself to memorize land marks and such so as not to have to use a map all the time the more immersive it is. If it ends up being around the same size hopefully they will increase its volume by rendering and making exploreable all the vertical space. Instead of having a by and large lower lying area cordoned off by desert ridges and mountains that can only be seen because they are used as map barriers to be able to actually traverse and explore up on mountains as well as below in caves and caverns and canyons would be great and actually add to the map's size because it would make use of and not waste all vertical space. Also hopefully we can swim this time as well as have our own row boats or barges to travel up big rivers and such.

I know the maps in these games sort of incorporate into one map multiple Western U.S. States and their environs. The environment is very much one of the main characters in these games and the developers pay homage to different environments often found in Westerns by doing this just like they paid homage to different Westerns movies and their stories and characters in how they wrote and presented the first RDR. That being said I see in the video a swampy place with alligators. So that could be parts of Texas/Arkansas but I hope they include all the different environments found in RDR. You had areas that looked like New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho and all sorts of places. I also hope there are more special moments and surprises in it like when you cross the "Rio Grande" for the first time in RDR. I remember making my crossing at night/early morning when that happened and the moment just had me grinning.

#4382068 - 09/29/17 01:42 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I've seen reasonable presentation of available evidence which suggests it may be around 33% larger than the RDR map (area inside playable boundary)

This would make it around 16km^2, or around the map size for Velen & Novigrad, or the full map size for KC:D.

This is big enough for exploration and discovery, while not so large that travel is onerous, especially with horses.

#4382119 - 09/29/17 05:08 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

That's one of the main experiences I treasure in RDR and the few games like it. I really enjoy traveling the world by horseback. A mini-game in itself and instead of a walking simulator its a horseback simulator that's slow enough to ensure you enjoy the world and not rush around but fast enough to make you feel like you are getting somewhere or can get somewhere in a reasonable amount of time. Certainly there'll be fast travel for those times you get a bit burnt out on real-timing everything. That sounds like a good map size Lieste.

RDR had the best horse riding animations/physics ever in my opinion in a game that looked and felt so realistic and actually modeled multiple horse gates and all in a smooth fashion. 8 years later and I still don't think another game has come near it. Witcher 3 plus mod I use makes it pretty darn close to RDR controls but then the look isn't as good as Roach tends to often times not look very real. RDR modeled to a degree moving muscle that you can really see in the horse's hind quarter and elsewhere and overall, RDR horse just look and behave more real and natural. I'm excited to see if they can improve even more on this. I just really, really hope they don't take ten steps back and mess it up somehow lol. I'm also really excited to hear what kind of score they come up with. RDR had great music that seemed to have a lot of Spaghetti Western flavors in it and other things to make it feel that though part of the game has one foot barely in the old days, times are changing fast and at the time of the game, the old West is no more. I look forward to a prequel story and world that's older and I hope the sound track incorporates not only real music of the time but also some music reminiscent of these beautiful orchestral pieces that are often used in Westerns.

Last edited by Coot; 09/29/17 05:09 PM.

#4382146 - 09/29/17 08:48 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Haven't bought a game in ages, but open world Old West? If it comes out for the PC, guess I'm buying it. Would love to do more than just rob banks and trains, though. Wouldn't it be a blast to interact with Indians. Maybe head out to a fort and offer your services to the Army as a scout. Get into some battles. Might not go over big with the Native American population, however.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4382287 - 09/30/17 08:18 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Playing a pretty evil #%&*$#? Weird as I may be, wouldn't be my thing.

#4382288 - 09/30/17 08:33 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Never been good at being bad, either. Whenever I've played the type of game where you could choose, I went good. In Bioshock, one of favorite games ever (Maybe even my favorite, period) you could save the littel girls, or use them for your own nefarious needs. I saved them. I'm boring, I know.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4382332 - 10/01/17 04:18 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

sofar it is all just cinematic cut scenes so there is no telling if you will be forced to be bad. Hell we dont even know if that guy is the only character you play.

#4383494 - 10/06/17 12:48 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: Master]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by Master
They still have not announced any plans for PC release frown

Possible Spoilers below

At the end of the trailer when dutch says, "Do you have my back." The guy who says, "Always Dutch." is John Marston.

I bet it ends with a showdown between the main playable character and John Marston with Marston killing you and then the game ends in free road mode with you as Marston similar to how the first game ended with you as his son.

That is a good theory. Won't be surprised if it turns out correct.

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.