Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4379317 - 09/13/17 03:02 AM getting rudder pedals to work correctly  
yarbles Offline
yarbles  Offline

Eastern Shore, MD
Hello

Very new to this game. Got it from Steam today and applied Team Fusion patch. My setup is Ch Stick and Ch Pedals. I was able to get the stick set up and even the pedals (ie: axes controls). Both were calibrated in windows before I even opened the game and looked to be operating correctly.

Stick seems to be doing things I as I expected.

The pedals seem really flaky. I was able to assign them in axes controls but I have no clue what the following mean:

sensitivity
dead zone
100% dead zone

then there's two bars to the right: OUT and IN

I can see the pedals registering on the bars but when I get in the game to test it (using external view to look at the rudder). It responds but doesn't look right. Sometimes, it seems to flutter. In the cockpit, the rudder doesn't seem to swing the nose correctly based on amount of rudder applied.

Any thoughts on this? By the way, I also installed Il 1946 for the single player campaigns and the setup (stick and pedals) work fine in that game.

thanks

yarbles

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4379345 - 09/13/17 09:00 AM Re: getting rudder pedals to work correctly [Re: yarbles]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Do you have a 100% dead zone? If so maybe that's the problem.

#4379367 - 09/13/17 01:34 PM Re: getting rudder pedals to work correctly [Re: yarbles]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Sensitivivy or "S" curve.

0 - Pedal input is send for game 1:1 = more agile control.

0.1 to 1* = Pedal input (In in green bars) is send for game reduced (Out in green bars) - from center to middle of axis course and then increase until match the pedal input at maximum rudder deflection = More "soft" rudder control around center, but full pedal deflection result in abrupt rudder response.

*That number should be 100 but as "CloD It's CloD!" the decimal is in wrong position. 1 (100) means the maximum "dampen" over pedal input in center area.

Deadzone = after the center of axis, use in case pedals don't center correct or axis "jitters".
100% deadzone = affects the end of input axis, for the case the pedal potentiometer signal don't match pedal physical movement.

If testing the pedal in Window Game Controls (type joy.cpl in Start/Cortana box) work OK, no reason for set deadzones.

I know that in certain computers - maybe due video settings CloD controls animation for surface controls don't match the expected input, no sure about influence in control.

I suggest post the issue in ATAG forum, where's more of CloD players hang.

#4379495 - 09/14/17 02:56 AM Re: getting rudder pedals to work correctly [Re: yarbles]  
yarbles Offline
yarbles  Offline

Eastern Shore, MD
I pulled out an old Logitech with a twisty handle and bam, works perfectly. I would love to use the CH stick and pedal combo but spending way too much time to set those up.
Anyway, the twisty handle works like a champ and I can fly around.

As for ever flying full realism with navigation, not sure I can do it. I can't even figure out how to display my heading smile

thanks for the help

#4379513 - 09/14/17 05:08 AM Re: getting rudder pedals to work correctly [Re: yarbles]  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
Try the ATAG forum. You will find a number of very helpful folks over there who will help you get through the learning curve with this game. It is well worth it.

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
#4379573 - 09/14/17 01:17 PM Re: getting rudder pedals to work correctly [Re: yarbles]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Originally Posted by yarbles

As for ever flying full realism with navigation, not sure I can do it. I can't even figure out how to display my heading smile

No "digital" info* - Just look at Compass/Directional Gyro. wink

In British planes before use Directional Gyro is need do this:

https://youtu.be/14C9lpefrvk?t=685

Ah, that compass is "British" or "the other way around": confused

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/flight_school/general/advanced_nav.php

It's sayd that CloD developers try model this stuff like "real" - but did the mistake to forget model he compass "Lubber Line" (DCS Spit Mk.IXe too has this wrong) and don't think that player need look at the compass, behind the control column!

So I need use Joy2Key for create a "snap view" for this instrument.

https://youtu.be/_BJd4mIvHK4?t=36

Navigate in British planes looks awkward (what really is) and complicated, but is easy get used. I enjoy do "sightseeing" flights and after follow "Controller" headings for RTB. smile

* In German planes some players use the exploit of place the mouse cursor over compass and read the heading in digital format in the pop-up.

Using a second monitor, tablet, cell phone you can have instruments exported for their screens using CloD DeviceLink Virtual Cockpit (1), and if want show in "digital" way.

Notice the compass on tablet: http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/blackwolf_927/IMG_0011_zpsxclolfht.jpg

Virtual Cockpit topic: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3887

On Android phone:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15997

(1) In CLoD that fool UbiZ00 argument of "unfair advantage" don't prevents use Virtual Cockpit in multiplayer, as it impaired iL-2: 46.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.