Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4379973 - 09/17/17 01:02 PM Re: My annual check in. Are we there yet? [Re: FartHog]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Originally Posted by FartHog
Originally Posted by Winfield

personally, I would rather throw my support behind a brand that delivers quality over quantity.....

personally, I would rather throw my support behind a brand that delivers and finish the product....

Just to add a small detail wink

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4379975 - 09/17/17 01:30 PM Re: My annual check in. Are we there yet? [Re: trindade]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by trindade
Originally Posted by FartHog
Originally Posted by Winfield

personally, I would rather throw my support behind a brand that delivers quality over quantity.....

personally, I would rather throw my support behind a brand that delivers and finish the product....

Just to add a small detail wink

My mistake....thank you for clarification smile

let me rephrase my previous comment...."Throw my support behind a brand that delivers and finishes a product"

cheers for pointing that out FartHog

#4379982 - 09/17/17 03:09 PM Re: My annual check in. Are we there yet? [Re: Bumfluff]  
FartHog Offline
FartHog  Offline

UK
I wasn't pointing anything out, my comments perfectly fine as it is...maybe if I took away the last two full stops...I'll try again....

Personally, I would rather throw my support behind a brand that delivers.

...there ya go.

#4380001 - 09/17/17 07:37 PM Re: My annual check in. Are we there yet? [Re: EagleEye[GER]]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by EagleEye
Sith just wrote that he had 60 fps the whole time. He may answer the question on what system he had the 60 fps. We will see. Yes, video of it or something else to see how performance really is would be better. But I guess we can ask for it at a later time when the map is released or near release.

Oh? Link? Not surprised with giving half-complete answers. I would be surprised if we get a video to prove performance prior to release.

Really hanging on the sentence "completely new"? All current players of DCS can make their own mind about "completely new", for all others it`s just a map. It doesnt mean complete new features like a living battelfield, does it?

Well, that was the answer you provided! wink

No, really I think that DCS is unique from what they put in their modules. There are no alternatives for me at the moment. So I do not want them to close the doors, though buy only modules I want to use.

Indeed, for a rotorhead, I can completely see your points.

As I said before, BMS with the graphics and dynamics of DCS would be a sim heaven for me. I just can`t stand the dated visuals of BMS, sorry.

Fair point. People have different priorities and if you're used to NOE flying in helos or staring at the ground or low-level flight in something like the A-10C, then yes, the DCS terrain does take higher priority.

EECH, Gunhsip! I flew them all. Sometimes think of having another look at it. I often browse all sources looking for new helicopter combat flight sims. Even played Apache Air Assault for my helicopter fix. I then come back to DCS and think why we can`t have a modern attack helo and a dynamic campaign.
But you can have COMBAT and immersion in DCS. Can recommend the F-5 dynamic campaign to you. Some guys modded it for other aircraft. I would think, there is all you need for combat and immersion. You have friendly and enemy flights doing their tasks while you flight to your target. You get a external debriefing view of your performance and the status of the airbases, EWR sites and so on. Destroyed objects will be removed or triggered as destroyed when the next mission starts. You can fly this campaign in SP or MP (coop only). Though as I can see your are done with DCS and ED and you are not willing to give this campaign a try, right? Sure, all that stuff is written in Lua and makes use of external programs like notepad to view the debriefing. If that kind of stuff where available build in, it would be a better experience.

And I'm sure you've heard me often enough wondering why nobody would make an AH-64 module... that, alongside the F-14 and F-18 modules, would be like printing money.

Why would I need the F-5 for combat and immersion? Does it not exist for the F-15? Or the A-10C? Or the Shark? I am not "done" with ED as you can see I am still here... but I'm really not keen on bashing my head against a wall either smile

I´m with you on that. But again, I like the modules they produce. Why should I stop to buy and fly it? As long as there is progress and continue in development...

Of course if you like their modules, go for it! Bottom line, it is your money and you vote with it. The point I was making was that by withholding your "vote," that is the best way to express displeasure in a way ED will feel and understand.... but if the module is good, then by all means take it!

But thats the point. A group of enthusiasts doing it in their free time. They have regular jobs and can make their living out of that, while the guys at ED have to make modules they can sell. From where should come the money for developing new tech, for changing the DCS World base? Why not trust them if they say, for example the change from BS1 to BS2 cost them money? I do not see these guys becoming millionairs. It´s far from that, I would say. Don`t understand me wrong, I´m not saying give them your money because they need it. Buy the module/s you want to play and wait for the other things to come. Yes, it takes so much time and I´m impatient myself, so playing other games in the meantime.

What does "free time enthusiasts" vs. "full time developers" have anything to do with it? A good product is a good product no matter where it came from or whether the guy who made it is full-time or not. The BS1-BS2 fiasco, I can give them the benefit of the doubt... this "extending 2.5 development" just makes no sense at all, especially when we know they won't be charging for this by itself. Their roadmap, their business decisions, their delay after delay after delay --- all the while releasing non-core stuff as the core stuff gets pushed further and further back, that's the issue. So much fanfare for new stuff, so much fanfare for little steps in their core product, so much drama everywhere else...

Originally Posted by - Ice
From a business standpoint, what do you make out of ED's constant deep sale practices? How much of this is "being in business" vs. just trying to stay afloat?

What about giving the possibility to buy modules people not own yet? Many where asking for more sales, not just the summer sales and so on.

Fair point! But do we really have to have a nearly-weekly sale? See my exchange with Exorcet here where I showed that ED has had sales in 28 out of 35 weeks. Since the 1st of Sept, we had a break on the 8th of Sept (although bundle deals are still ongoing from 1st Sept to 11th Sept) and then we had another sale on the 15th of Sept.

Dont know why they made the decission to run the forum like it is now, I will try to ask a guy who is in the know. On the other side I think it takes much time to maintain the forums and to react on every post people make. Some people make opinions out of other peoples opinions, so they could be lead in the wrong direction without actually playing DCS. New customers can see what DCS have to offer and what not with the free to play aircraft.

Doesn't matter. You can see the effect of their decisions. Some forums only ask people to post in a mature manner.... you can't make this claim for the ED forums. Heck, I personally have 40% warning on ED forums despite not posting there for years! How did I get 40% warning? For posts made on non-ED forums! Where else have you seen such forum rules? Others have even ended up being banned on the ED forums despite not posting there....

As to new customers seeing what DCS has to offer with the free map and aircraft, that's totally a lie. Sure, you can see the map, you can see the graphics, you can see the cockpit. But buy something like the DCS A10C module and you get a very good experience. Buy something like the L-39 or the Hawk and you get the opposite! So the free map and aircraft don't really do much aside from just be a demo of what DCS **CAN** offer. What it actually offers is module- and campaign-dependent.

For what purpose they made a poll if people want a DC or like the current campaigns is out of my understanding. At some point in the past Wags mentioned they would like to make a DC, now they answer like the missions and campaigns we have is the way to go.

Bingo!

I absolutely admit that DCS cannot compete with Falcon on a DC front. And no one is saying the opposite? I really understand that for some ppl DCS is not what they want or what they hoped for. They just can stop playing DCS and looking for alternatives.

Indeed!! However, this does not mean we also have to stop lamenting on the struggles and stupidity that is happening in ED. wink

that I believe DCS want to be the one stop solution for all who like combat simulations. And they cannot do all things at the same time.

Totally agree with you there! We have seen the potential of DCS a very, very long time ago. Nobody will deny the potential of DCS. What is frustrating for some of us is how ED seems to be unwilling or unable to tap that potential. Until this potential is used wisely.... well, the ball is in ED's court.

Agree, though why not let people spend money on whatever they want? I do not know where the thinking is coming from to buy more modules just to keep ED staying in business. I would be happy if they would make a poll what ppl want and then make this happen in a reasonable timeframe.

I never said anything about stopping people from spending their money as they see fit. All I'm doing is really giving an alternative view, one that you won't see in the ED forums.

All in all if they would at least make do a more friendly communication, admit mistakes, have a clear roadmap and stop with being so harsh on their forums ED would get a better reputation, right?

True! ED can take a lot of steps to remedy the situation in so many ways.... yet they don't.

As a sidenote, I have trouble to answer in time and I really need much time to answer with the quotes.

Don't worry, this isn't a race! smile

- Ice
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.