Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4378687 - 09/09/17 02:58 PM OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

We've done this one numerous times over the years but it's still fun to see each other's flying stations, and since we have a fair number of newcomers to WOFF I think it's time we revisited the topic. So come along and share some photos of your cockpit and digs from which you enjoy the greatest WWI combat flight sim ever. I'll start! biggrin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Next!

Attached Files Lou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_01.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_02.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_03.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_04.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_05.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_06.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_07.jpgLou_Flying_Room_Sept_2017_08.jpg

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4378758 - 09/09/17 08:47 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
jawdrop thumbsup WOW!

Thanks for sharing Lou!

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by stljeffbb; 09/09/17 08:47 PM.

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4378770 - 09/09/17 10:03 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Lou, that's not a Flying Room... that's qualifies for a damn museum display! WOW!!!!

Here's mine.. not much going on. Some aviation, FD and video game nostalgia, my bass, and Jim Dietz collection... note the 60's metal biplanes on the wall... the portrait is me painted by a friend of mine using a photo of Frank Luke with my head... some pint glasses from my pub collection and mixed reading. The video game system under the old Plectron Fire Radio is a Sears Super Video Arcade (Intellivision) converted to a Retropie unit... there is a polished copper/brass water Fire Extinguisher from the 1940's.. B-17 F;ying Fortress from the Smithsonian Museum... my etc..etc..desktop photo is the Concorde on full-relight.

OvS

Attached Files 20170909_122607a.jpg20170909_122612a.jpg20170909_122620a.jpg20170909_122725a.jpg20170909_122740a.jpg

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4378778 - 09/09/17 10:49 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Stache
That is an amazingly ordered and pristine room!!

One thing that seems missing is the yoke!! Where have you hidden it?

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4378811 - 09/10/17 05:42 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Great stuff, guys! Lou, how much do you have to pay the Witch King of Angmar to stand there and model your uniform? dizzy

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4378825 - 09/10/17 11:42 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Rick, I pay nothing as there is a small Ecto Containment Unit located just below the uniform that keeps him from wandering, though I do provide spirits on occasion.

OvS, very nice digs, and a nice axe as well. Is that an Ibanez?

C'mon folks, I know some of you have super cockpits and surroundings so please post a few pics that we can all drool over.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4378963 - 09/11/17 01:34 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Nothing compared to Lou's museum but serves the purpose.

[Linked Image]

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4378985 - 09/11/17 03:53 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Very nice Mark, love all the artwork. And that movie poster is great! Also, what is the prop from?

[Linked Image]

#4378990 - 09/11/17 04:27 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Lou,
When working my first summer at 16 for the family business, I was tasked with cleaning up the warehouse. I found the prop, actually saw it, on a top shelf covered in 20+ years of dust and dirt. When I asked my uncle where it came from he told me my grandfather made a rough landing on Chandelier Island off the MS gulf coast in his Piper Cub. Seems he used to land on the island and fish. Rules must have been a little more lax back then in the 50's. If you can see it in the pic, one tip is broken off. Anyway, it now resides in the Hanger. The Blue Max, always had a thing for older women after that movie!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
#4379057 - 09/12/17 12:18 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Just imagine a bomb crater with a computer in the middle.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4379118 - 09/12/17 11:06 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Bomb crater or not we would still like to see your digs AP.

Mark, things were decidedly more lax back in the day when it came to zipping about in your personal AC. To be fair though, if you are out in the more rural areas of the country, far away from any major airports, it is still fairly laid back when it comes to flying a UL. I know. smile2

C'mon folks, we want to take a gander at some more of your WOFF homes so post those pics.

[Linked Image]

#4379149 - 09/12/17 01:38 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Ok Lou, here are some individual pics of the Art.

Stan Dallas in his camo SE 5. Original by Russel Smith.
[Linked Image]

Death of Boelcke. Original by Russell Smith
[Linked Image]

Strales Broken Bird. Limited Ed. Print Russell Smith
[Linked Image]

Two small Originals by Russell Smith
[Linked Image]

Last US Cavalry Charge signed by the man who led it. He was 96 at signing.
[Linked Image]

#4379162 - 09/12/17 02:29 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks for the pics Mark, love Russell Smith's work. I must get the one you so generously gifted me matted and framed and the only reason I've held off is because I haven't sorted out a spot to hang it in my little flying room. As you can see from the photos open wall space is nearly non-existent.

By the way, whose WWII service medals and badges are in the display case? Looks like a Bronze Star, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal with a bronze Battle Star, and the World WWII Victory Medal. Can't place the shoulder patch but I know I've seen it before.
EDIT: Never mind, senior moment, just remembered it's the Marines.

[Linked Image]

#4379166 - 09/12/17 02:44 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Thanks for the pics Mark, love Russell Smith's work. I must get the one you so generously gifted me matted and framed and the only reason I've held off is because I haven't sorted out a spot to hang it in my little flying room. As you can see from the photos open wall space is nearly non-existent.

By the way, whose WWII service medals and badges are in the display case? Looks like a Bronze Star, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal with a bronze Battle Star, and the World WWII Victory Medal. Can't place the shoulder patch but I know I've seen it before.
EDIT: Never mind, senior moment, just remembered it's the Marines.

Yes Lou, you are correct. Those are my Father's. WWII, 3rd Marine Division. Guam, Iwo Jima and "other various Marianas Islands" as his discharge papers read. Needless to say I am lucky to be here.

#4379175 - 09/12/17 03:10 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Very lucky Mark, your father saw some serious action.

[Linked Image]

#4383215 - 10/05/17 02:00 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA

I'm trying to find some pictures - desk is too messy to take more now.... But this is on the wall next to the computer... Printed the pics from HD video screen caps.

[Linked Image]

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4383235 - 10/05/17 07:58 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Human Drone; Those are classic and an excellent collage!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 10/05/17 07:59 AM.

(System_Specs)

#4383236 - 10/05/17 08:19 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Human Drone; Those are classic and an excellent collage!

Yep, really moody pictures thumbsup

#4383290 - 10/05/17 01:53 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
@ Human Drone... could you email me those screen captures? I would love to print a few for a buddy of mine who has a hangar...

Thnaks!

James

jamrom2 <at> yahoo.com

#4383419 - 10/05/17 11:17 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks all!

OvSatchel:

If it's that fellow who has the hangar who took you on that little private tour, well, we could do a little "leveraging" here, could we not? My brother-in-law wants me to accompany him to NYC next spring!

Of course I'm joking... but man, those planes! I'll find'em and get them over to you. And my Wing Commander just stopped by to ask me why I'm typing instead of cleaning the office (it is a bit messier than usual, but after 42 years she oughta know better...) so if I can straighten thing sup a bit I'll get some fresh pics for the thread...

Tom

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
#4383477 - 10/06/17 11:23 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Tom, love your art collection showing the great WWI ace in all his glory. And please do post some pics of your flying room once your cleaning tasks are done.

[Linked Image]

#4383576 - 10/06/17 07:17 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Online content
Raine  Online Content

New Brunswick, Canada
MFair, I am terribly impressed and more than a little jealous of your WOFF man cave. I do most of my flying on the same computer I work at in my consulting firm's office. Because my home is an hour away, I keep a room in the office (an old house and former law office) and fly in the evenings when I stay in town. So my rig is a basic one (23" screen and X53 joystick and throttle) with Lou's maps on a laptop. All of this is surrounded by a clutter of files and paperwork!

#4383782 - 10/08/17 01:39 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Oh, I will guys. Had to sell the car and mow the grass today, just got out of the shower, have to support my brother-in-law as he is planning to head for NYC and try to interest galleries in his art work.

Raine, you have my sympathies. One reason why I can't get any stick time is just that - my consulting firm tells me what an important part of the company I am, but they keep moving further from my home! (Is that what they call cognitive dissonance?) It's 33 miles now, right through downtown Pittsburgh - no reasonable way around it. All this talk of greenhouse gases, and all this effort being put into self-driving cars - and I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw it - for Pete's sake, just keep improving "teh intarwebz" and I wont' have to drive at all! Criminee, I had a job working with the original designer of (at the time) the largest hydro generators in the world, and we just used Skype and a headset, shared screens and sent files and talked, and that's all we needed to do!

Rant off. You may now resume nice pictures of your flying rooms. My beloved left a duster in here, I think that is a hint of some sort... It's yellow, maybe she wants me to know that's her favorite color... But that ain't happening tonight, too much to do and none of it for me...

#4405255 - 02/15/18 03:28 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Well, a long time ago I promised to show you some pictures. Well, here we go, I hope. Over the winter, I managed to assemble a 4D Famemaster Saturn V, something I've wanted for quite a while. Maybe now I can get some stick time, but I really wanted to get that done, as it's'way past its popularity curve and I didn't want to miss it. So here we go!

[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35972-dscn33981jpg[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35971-20180210_204709jpg[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35973-dscn34011jpg/[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35974-dscn34021jpg[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35975-dscn34041jpg[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35976-dscn34051jpg[/img]
[img]https://combatace.com/gallery/image/35977-dscn34031jpg[/img]

Maybe I can get back and add some comment to some of these. But now It's bed time!

Best to all,

Tom

Last edited by HumanDrone; 02/15/18 03:30 AM. Reason: bad code. Where are the images? Bad enough imposing on CA to host'em!

#4405257 - 02/15/18 03:56 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Very cool setup Drone and lots of models too!

(System_Specs)

#4405274 - 02/15/18 01:14 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Very nice Tom! Your flight cave seems to cover the whole spectrum of aviation.

#4405276 - 02/15/18 01:29 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Very nice indeed Tom. And as Mark points out, you really do cover the history of aviation in that collection.

#4405281 - 02/15/18 02:24 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Very nice indeed Tom. And as Mark points out, you really do cover the history of aviation in that collection.

He even has Snoopy posted on the wall. You can't get more historial than that!

(System_Specs)

#4405406 - 02/16/18 02:41 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks all! Though I do wonder what happened that I can't upload an image directly from my computer. That was the plan, though, to span history with some iconic models. I was 13-1/2 in July of 1969. I built the Revell Saturn V then, in 1/96 scale. My grandad was born in 1903, my other grandparents around that time. Isn't it amazing that in 66 years we went from the Wright Brothers to a moon landing? Now we routinely launch crews to the Space Station and nobody bats an eye. Starman made a bit of a splash, but robotic exploration seems to give the most bang for the buck, to be sure - and it's a whole lot safer!

I'm off to quaff a root beer with Snoopy! (actually I gotta work...)

Best to you all,

Tom

#4405631 - 02/17/18 01:37 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord
Tom, you can upload images from you computer into SimHQ forum posts but you must do it as an attachment to the post. If you use the Full Editor when posting you will see the attachment option. It's a rather clunky affair to be honest.

#4405727 - 02/17/18 11:04 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thank you kind sir. You mean like this? (I really like my Saturn V... biggrin )

Attached Files 20180210_204709_sm.jpg
Last edited by HumanDrone; 02/17/18 11:04 PM. Reason: Yippee! I can attach me pics!

#4412870 - 03/26/18 03:53 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
The current evolution of my pit..a never ending work in progress.

Started a major rebuild of the side panels last fall.

Getting ready for WOTR and Dayton WW1 Rendezvous.

[Linked Image]

Last night I had the chance to enjoy a new WOFF experience.
I was able to run WOFF with the lights out in the room.
In a dark room with only the monitors and panels, immersion was stepped up yet another notch.

Attached Files DSCF9363 (Large).JPGDSCF9364 (Large).JPGDSCF9365 (Large).JPG
Last edited by Stache; 03/26/18 04:16 PM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4412873 - 03/26/18 04:13 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Oh my god, what a beauty!!

#4412884 - 03/26/18 05:00 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Well... I have been trawling the internet for ages... looking for the perfect P3D/WOFF/DCS/IL2 cockpit... you just put it in front of me. Do you have any plans drawn up for this? I would love to reproduce this in my basement.

Please...please... please say you do. LOL!

OvS

#4412899 - 03/26/18 05:55 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
That is a legendary setup, Stache! Jaw drop emoji indeed!

That may be the most Barmy thing I have ever seen!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4412904 - 03/26/18 05:59 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Oooops, Stache! It seems your pit is almost in 1:1 scale eek .

#4412922 - 03/26/18 06:30 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Dark_Canuck Offline
Dark_Canuck  Offline

Canada
WOW, Stache. I am seriously jealous. Well done Sir!

#4412964 - 03/26/18 08:28 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Wow, it’s like someone put an F-22 cockpit into a SPAD. Someone help me pick up my jaw off the floor because I’m running out of drool.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4412978 - 03/26/18 09:31 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Absolutely breathtaking,what a brilliant Setup

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4412998 - 03/26/18 11:45 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

That is over the top Hoss! Love it. Now I am inspired.

#4413000 - 03/27/18 12:12 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Stache, I keep coming back to those pictures. Question: How do you get in? does the car seat roll back? Or is it more authentic and you have to straddle the side?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4413013 - 03/27/18 01:28 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: OvStachel]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Thanks all for your great comments.

Originally Posted by OvStachel

Well... I have been trawling the internet for ages... looking for the perfect P3D/WOFF/DCS/IL2 cockpit... you just put it in front of me. Do you have any plans drawn up for this? I would love to reproduce this in my basement.
Please...please... please say you do. LOL!
OvS

Sorry OvStachel, I did somewhat of a drawing for the ribs, the rest was just a few sketches with dimensions, mock-ups and hand fitted pieces.
Put pieces in place and try them out, tweak (or start from scratch) as needed.
I could jot down some more detailed dimensions if you like.
I started this phase of development as I was looking to get more into DCS and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz, and I realized the WW2 birds need more controls than our kites.
I needed some place to put those controls and then came word of WOTR....

Originally Posted by Fullofit
Stache, I keep coming back to those pictures. Question: How do you get in? does the car seat roll back? Or is it more authentic and you have to straddle the side?

The side panels are on wheels and do swing out a bit, but yes, primary access is by the seat, that rolls back and forth in rails.
The side panels are also detachable for transport.

Still a lot of things to do, skin the left hand side, figure out speaker placement, take it all apart to paint the insides / stain the outside similar to Albatross.
Then need to work on electronics, a lot more switches, buttons, knobs, trim wheels, have the seat reupholstered in a medium dark faux leather, etc.
Of course, it will never be "done", but that is part of the fun.

Last edited by Stache; 03/27/18 01:28 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4413182 - 03/27/18 09:00 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: Stache]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by Stache

Sorry OvStachel, I did somewhat of a drawing for the ribs, the rest was just a few sketches with dimensions, mock-ups and hand fitted pieces.
Put pieces in place and try them out, tweak (or start from scratch) as needed.
I could jot down some more detailed dimensions if you like.
I started this phase of development as I was looking to get more into DCS and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz, and I realized the WW2 birds need more controls than our kites.
I needed some place to put those controls and then came word of WOTR....

Yes... that would be great. I could most likely build it from there. Some more pics of the back if you're able.

Quite honestly, I'm sure many of us will be running to our local Home Depot/Lowes Home improvement store and buying a ton of wood if you do... LOL!/

Thanks a mil!

James
'OvS'

#4413184 - 03/27/18 09:15 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Deejan Offline
Deejan  Offline

Ottawa,Ontario Canada
Words cannot do this creation justice! Simply amazing!

#4413897 - 03/31/18 01:15 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
You know, I just looked back at Lou's original post - he has a virtual museum there, when you take the time to peruse those pictures up close that's a jaw-dropper too!

But for sheer technical prowess, outright over-the-top Barmy, Stache has us all cleaning the drool out of our keyboards. A salute to you sir! notworthy
That must take one heckuva machine to drive those three monitors, the extra side "instrument" panels, and your controls (a full-floor stick, no less!) And I suppose the map monitor is driven by a separate computer? Can you run those three monitors with the WOFF settings maxed?

What a 'pit! Dat's Barmy there, Barmy to the nth! pilot

#4418240 - 04/28/18 05:04 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Still a lot to do,the project is somewhat stuck in this current state though.I enjoy Flightsims set in WW1 up to early Jet era,thats why the Pit has a more modern approach to fit all needs. Sorry for the low picture quality.

Attached Files IMG_20111214_074958.jpgIMG_20111214_074830.jpgIMG_20111214_075128.jpg
Last edited by Lausbub78; 04/28/18 05:04 PM.
#4418245 - 04/28/18 05:40 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Hi Lausbub, looks like I still have a ways to go. That's a nice rig there. What are you using to drive the switches and Axis? That's my next step. I'm planning on Arduino/Leonardo and mmjoy2.

#4418246 - 04/28/18 05:49 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: HumanDrone]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by HumanDrone

That must take one heckuva machine to drive those three monitors, the extra side "instrument" panels, and your controls (a full-floor stick, no less!)
And I suppose the map monitor is driven by a separate computer?

Two year old system - spec's are in my signature.
I do run on maxed out settings, locked in at 85Hz.
Won't say its perfect, but 99% of the time, I am fine with the operation.
I was really worried the 980ti would not handle resolution and I have been extremely pleased.
Map Monitor is driven off game computer at this time. I have plans to drive it off a fan-less PC.
Mainly so i can adjust the map without interfering with simulation.
Right now, it and the two side monitors are just displaying a static image, they add very little to the load.
I am working on post with more detail.

#4418252 - 04/28/18 06:40 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: Stache]  
Lausbub78 Offline
Lausbub78  Offline

Originally Posted by Stache
Hi Lausbub, looks like I still have a ways to go. That's a nice rig there. What are you using to drive the switches and Axis? That's my next step. I'm planning on Arduino/Leonardo and mmjoy2.

Hello,
The left and center Buttonboxes are connected to two Leo Bodnar Boards. The Throttle unit and the Trimconsole on the left side is conected to another Bodnar board. Adding the Flightstick and the Rudderpedals I have 5 Controlers connected in total.

Last edited by Lausbub78; 04/28/18 06:42 PM.
#4447932 - 11/10/18 05:29 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

bump bump bumpity bump

Given the number of new virtual pilots who have joined us here recently I'm betting more than a few of you have your own personalize flying digs. I for one would very much like it if you folks would share some photos of said digs with the rest of us. It is always most enjoyable to see the cockpits from whence our fellow WOFFErs do battle with the AI foe. So don't be shy, post some pics of your setups, please.
salute

[Linked Image]

#4447986 - 11/10/18 10:58 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
CCIP Offline
CCIP  Offline

Here's what mine looks like at the moment smile

[Linked Image]

If you're having trim problems, I feel bad for you son
I got ninety-nine problems, but my pitch ain't one...
#4448070 - 11/11/18 01:20 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
rtoolooze262 Offline
rtoolooze262  Offline

Mo. USA
Nice setup!

#4448073 - 11/11/18 01:36 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

That is a neat setup CCIP. I particularly like the grease board for quickly jotting down notes. Very nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM