Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4413000 - 03/27/18 12:12 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Fullofit Online content
Fullofit  Online Content

Ajax, ON
Stache, I keep coming back to those pictures. Question: How do you get in? does the car seat roll back? Or is it more authentic and you have to straddle the side?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4413013 - 03/27/18 01:28 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: OvStachel]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Thanks all for your great comments.

Originally Posted by OvStachel

Well... I have been trawling the internet for ages... looking for the perfect P3D/WOFF/DCS/IL2 cockpit... you just put it in front of me. Do you have any plans drawn up for this? I would love to reproduce this in my basement.
Please...please... please say you do. LOL!
OvS

Sorry OvStachel, I did somewhat of a drawing for the ribs, the rest was just a few sketches with dimensions, mock-ups and hand fitted pieces.
Put pieces in place and try them out, tweak (or start from scratch) as needed.
I could jot down some more detailed dimensions if you like.
I started this phase of development as I was looking to get more into DCS and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz, and I realized the WW2 birds need more controls than our kites.
I needed some place to put those controls and then came word of WOTR....

Originally Posted by Fullofit
Stache, I keep coming back to those pictures. Question: How do you get in? does the car seat roll back? Or is it more authentic and you have to straddle the side?

The side panels are on wheels and do swing out a bit, but yes, primary access is by the seat, that rolls back and forth in rails.
The side panels are also detachable for transport.

Still a lot of things to do, skin the left hand side, figure out speaker placement, take it all apart to paint the insides / stain the outside similar to Albatross.
Then need to work on electronics, a lot more switches, buttons, knobs, trim wheels, have the seat reupholstered in a medium dark faux leather, etc.
Of course, it will never be "done", but that is part of the fun.

Last edited by Stache; 03/27/18 01:28 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Saitek Pro Flight Pedals & Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; home grown cockpit, � la RogerDodger.net
#4413182 - 03/27/18 09:00 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: Stache]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by Stache

Sorry OvStachel, I did somewhat of a drawing for the ribs, the rest was just a few sketches with dimensions, mock-ups and hand fitted pieces.
Put pieces in place and try them out, tweak (or start from scratch) as needed.
I could jot down some more detailed dimensions if you like.
I started this phase of development as I was looking to get more into DCS and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz, and I realized the WW2 birds need more controls than our kites.
I needed some place to put those controls and then came word of WOTR....

Yes... that would be great. I could most likely build it from there. Some more pics of the back if you're able.

Quite honestly, I'm sure many of us will be running to our local Home Depot/Lowes Home improvement store and buying a ton of wood if you do... LOL!/

Thanks a mil!

James
'OvS'

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4413184 - 03/27/18 09:15 PM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Deej7066 Offline
Deej7066  Offline

Ottawa,Ontario Canada
Words cannot do this creation justice! Simply amazing!

#4413897 - 03/31/18 01:15 AM Re: OT: Show us your flying room / cockpit set-up [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
You know, I just looked back at Lou's original post - he has a virtual museum there, when you take the time to peruse those pictures up close that's a jaw-dropper too!

But for sheer technical prowess, outright over-the-top Barmy, Stache has us all cleaning the drool out of our keyboards. A salute to you sir! notworthy
That must take one heckuva machine to drive those three monitors, the extra side "instrument" panels, and your controls (a full-floor stick, no less!) And I suppose the map monitor is driven by a separate computer? Can you run those three monitors with the WOFF settings maxed?

What a 'pit! Dat's Barmy there, Barmy to the nth! pilot

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX580 OC'd / 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields Ultimate Edition (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski, Sandbagger 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Yes, this is NOT an SNL skit, It's a real product...
by WangoTango. 04/21/18 01:53 AM
main page
by rwatson. 04/20/18 05:26 PM
Cold Waters - South China Sea
by Sluggish Controls. 04/20/18 03:37 PM
Baseball
by PanzerMeyer. 04/20/18 01:48 PM
Another mystery solved
by oldgrognard. 04/19/18 10:02 PM
IT Complaints
by Bill_Grant. 04/19/18 09:14 PM
Strange engine noise